What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Roberson......

Either that or total lack of confidence as others have noted...you don't just go from 70% to 40% unless something drastic changes. While he's never been an offensive juggernaut, he was at least serviceable in college and could blend in. Now he looks so out of place and uncomfortable that it is almost cringe worthy at times. Come to think of it, all the OKC players seem struck by the same offensive ineptitude to the point that I wonder if its simply the "Wesbrook effect"
He didn't shoot 70% in college though.

I don't know what he shot but someone said 70% FT. Either way its still a whole lot better than 40%. 40% is horrendously BAD
He shot 55% twice and 61% once. It's not as bad as this year, but it's still really bad.

He shot 55% twice and 61% once. It's not as bad as this year, but it's still really bad.
I guess I'm just referring to overall how uncomfortable he looks on offense, which I would suspect has a lot to do with the fact that he's been relegated to just standing around the perimeter while Westbrook dominates the ball. He's never been comfortable playing on the perimeter and cuts, put backs, etc. that happen in the flow of the game are where he's most comfortable / at his best. The FT % is just an example of a snowball effect. Even going from 55% to 40% is pretty bad. Screams of a guy who is simply overthinking things / in his own head.

I guess I'm just referring to overall how uncomfortable he looks on offense, which I would suspect has a lot to do with the fact that he's been relegated to just standing around the perimeter while Westbrook dominates the ball. He's never been comfortable playing on the perimeter and cuts, put backs, etc. that happen in the flow of the game are where he's most comfortable / at his best. The FT % is just an example of a snowball effect. Even going from 55% to 40% is pretty bad. Screams of a guy who is simply overthinking things / in his own head.

You may have something here.

He has never looked comfortable on offense but when he was playing with KD he didn't just stand on the perimeter and stay out of the way. He frequently would break baseline or dive into an open gap on the weakside where he would receive the ball for a dunk or layup. He doesn't look like he is doing those things much.

A lot of players get more comfortable with the rest of their games after a couple easy baskets and he would get those. When he did he could then relax and let the rest of the game come to him.

You may have something here.

He has never looked comfortable on offense but when he was playing with KD he didn't just stand on the perimeter and stay out of the way. He frequently would break baseline or dive into an open gap on the weakside where he would receive the ball for a dunk or layup. He doesn't look like he is doing those things much.

A lot of players get more comfortable with the rest of their games after a couple easy baskets and he would get those. When he did he could then relax and let the rest of the game come to him.
Yup. I think its a mental thing. He's obviously not a great offensive player and never will be, but I refuse to believe that what we've been seeing with OKC is a true reflection of the player he can be. That's why its hard to see people ripping him on Twitter, etc. and giving him a hard time about the free throws.

Get him out of OKC and away from Westbrook and I think he'd be a lot more productive in a different system. He's already an elite defender so even a marginal semblance of offensive awareness / production would make him a very valuable player. That's why I think the Nuggets should go after him hard this summer. Playing with a guy like Jokic would do wonders for his confidence and would be a huge help for the Nuggets who are an offensive juggernaut but play absolutely no D.

Yup. I think its a mental thing. He's obviously not a great offensive player and never will be, but I refuse to believe that what we've been seeing with OKC is a true reflection of the player he can be. That's why its hard to see people ripping him on Twitter, etc. and giving him a hard time about the free throws.

Get him out of OKC and away from Westbrook and I think he'd be a lot more productive in a different system. He's already an elite defender so even a marginal semblance of offensive awareness / production would make him a very valuable player. That's why I think the Nuggets should go after him hard this summer. Playing with a guy like Jokic would do wonders for his confidence and would be a huge help for the Nuggets who are an offensive juggernaut but play absolutely no D.

He is not a shooter and will never create his own offensive opportunities but he has a very good first step (without the ball) and will cut and move. With the Nuggets getting more talented at guard to spread the floor a passer like Jokic could turn him into a dunk machine.

Are you referring to the guys that played in 20 games and played 1500 less minutes? Weak argument. He is the only one who qualifies for the league statistics. I know it looks like I'm bashing him but we're literally talking about free throws. I can go 2 for 17 (just as he has) outside in a hurricane.

Can you send me a link to your claim please

As expected, local radio was bagging on him today. However, they all agreed that he has been the 2nd best player on the team during the playoffs, free throws notwithstanding.

What claim? 2 for 17 or worst in the league? They can both be found by Googling his name unfortunately.

Look you made a stupid claim that he had the worst 3 point shooting percentage in the league. So backup the claims with a link.

If fans are going to be mad that Dre is the second best player on the team don't be mad at Dre, be mad at the team management that they haven't been able to find other players who are better.

Dre is who he is, he is not going to be KD or any other offensive force. He is going to be a guy who is a defensive force, who rebounds way above his size, and who on offense can hit the occasional three and dunk the ball.

If fans are going to be mad that Dre is the second best player on the team don't be mad at Dre, be mad at the team management that they haven't been able to find other players who are better.

Dre is who he is, he is not going to be KD or any other offensive force. He is going to be a guy who is a defensive force, who rebounds way above his size, and who on offense can hit the occasional three and dunk the ball.

The front office is partly to blame, but KD giving no indications of where he was going and then announcing on the last day of FA signings kinda handcuffed the personnel dept.

I haven't watched any of the nba games but I hear Oladipo (sp) has been terrible during the playoffs.

Look you made a stupid claim that he had the worst 3 point shooting percentage in the league. So backup the claims with a link.
Now it's stupid?? LOL Go look on ESPN at the NBA player statistics. You have to attempt at least two 3s per game to qualify. He attempted 2.3 at .245%. That is the ****ing worst. The kid on Milwaukee is second worse at .270. He also shoots .260 for his career from 3 which is one of the worst of all ****ing time for qualified players. He is going to shoot himself out of the league. I have no idea why you are defending him so hard. The numbers are there and they suck. It was being debated if he was the worse offensive 2/3 in NBA history!! I wouldn't go that far but the kid needs to get the boogie man out of his head.

Now it's stupid?? LOL Go look on ESPN at the NBA player statistics. You have to attempt at least two 3s per game to qualify. He attempted 2.3 at .245%. That is the ****ing worst. The kid on Milwaukee is second worse at .270. He also shoots .260 for his career from 3 which is one of the worst of all ****ing time for qualified players. He is going to shoot himself out of the league. I have no idea why you are defending him so hard. The numbers are there and they suck. It was being debated if he was the worse offensive 2/3 in NBA history!! I wouldn't go that far but the kid needs to get the boogie man out of his head.
Lol, he's probably about to bank a 60+ million dollar contract.

Tony Allen is a career 28% 3 point shooter. Yeah, slightly better... but I'd say he's done pretty well for himself. Dre is basically the next Tony Allen.

So he went from the worst in the NBA to the worst how took at 2 3's per game. Just post a link.

So he went from the worst in the NBA to the worst how took at 2 3's per game. Just post a link.
I just told you where to look. I refuse to keep this bs going. Two 3's per game get you the ranking of being worst. Not my rules. The stats are there. I'm starting to think you are either Dre or related.

Tony Allen has a midrange game and can handle the ball.

How quaint. For what it's worth, with Dre having a much smaller sample size obviously because Allen has been in the league for 13 years, Tony Allen is a career .475 shooter, and Dre is a career .474 shooter, with Dre having a far better 2 point % and Effective FG %.

I just told you where to look. I refuse to keep this bs going. Two 3's per game get you the ranking of being worst. Not my rules. The stats are there. I'm starting to think you are either Dre or related.

It is pretty obvious that you are wrong and don't have a link. I expect more defecting from you.

I don't know why you have this particular axe to grind. but you aren't going to get a lot of people to side with your stupid opinions around here. Dre was arguably one of the greatest buff defenders and a key player for us. He is a starting SF for a playoff NBA team. I gave you a couple of chances to defend you claims but you responded by being a gigantic jackass.

Last edited:
It is pretty obvious that you are wrong and don't have a link. I expect more defecting from you.

I don't know why you have this particular axe to grind. but you aren't going to get a lot of people to side with your stupid opinions around here. Dre was arguably one of the greatest buff defenders and a key player for us. He is a starting SF for a playoff NBA team. I gave you a couple of chances to defend you claims but you responded by being a gigantic jackass.
Lol!! Not looking for anyone to have my back you clown. I said what I had to say the stats speak for themselves. I have no axe to grind. I just get sick of the can do no wrong bs. Enjoy the rest of your day cheesedick.

How quaint. For what it's worth, with Dre having a much smaller sample size obviously because Allen has been in the league for 13 years, Tony Allen is a career .475 shooter, and Dre is a career .474 shooter, with Dre having a far better 2 point % and Effective FG %.
I didn't make the comparison. I responded. Make 65% of his free throws and not kill the team at the end of games the we can have a "quaint" conversation.

Back