What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Roberson......

I didn't make the comparison. I responded. Make 65% of his free throws and not kill the team at the end of games the we can have a "quaint" conversation.

You responded that Tony Allen has a better mid range game. I provided stats that said they basically have identical career shooting percentages. So, I repeat my assertion, Andre Roberson is the next Tony Allen, and Tony Allen has done quite well for himself. Don't think Dre should be worried about his job prospects... but he should continue to work on his shooting. Don't think anyone with half a brain disputes that.

Lol!! Not looking for anyone to have my back you clown. I said what I had to say the stats speak for themselves. I have no axe to grind. I just get sick of the can do no wrong bs. Enjoy the rest of your day cheesedick.

Absolutely nobody has said that Dre can do no wrong. Everyone here admits that he is offensively limited.

Fact is though that he is a valuable starter on a playoff team. If he wasn't valuable they wouldn't be playing him, the fact is that their are plenty of guys out there who have some offensive skills that OKC could have signed or traded for. If they didn't think he makes them better they would play somebody else.

I'm sure that the Thunder would love it if he hit more free throws and had a higher percentage from 3, they would also love it if a young Michael Jordan showed up in their mini-camp but we deal with reality. Dre is the player he is and that player is seen by a lot of teams as a guy who could make them better. He will get paid for what he can do.

I'm sure that the Thunder would love it if he hit more free throws and had a higher percentage from 3, they would also love it if a young Michael Jordan showed up in their mini-camp but we deal with reality. Dre is the player he is and that player is seen by a lot of teams as a guy who could make them better. He will get paid for what he can do.

I'm sorry, but I gotta laugh at the fact that you just tried to put Dre improving his free throw shooting on the same level of reality as a "young Michael Jordan" showing up to training camp...what is this, the @ reply thread of a DJT tweet?

Haven't heard a great defense of why Dre can't drastically improve his FTs and incrementally improve his % from 3. Not like he is Shaq or Dwight out there with abnormally huge hands and an awkwardly large frame.

Wouldn't be the worst fit for the Nuggets actually.

Don't know how many people are old enough to remember but T.R.Dunn had a very successful career as a starter in Denver despite only averaging 5.1 ppg for his 13 year career.

I'm sorry, but I gotta laugh at the fact that you just tried to put Dre improving his free throw shooting on the same level of reality as a "young Michael Jordan" showing up to training camp...what is this, the @ reply thread of a DJT tweet?

Haven't heard a great defense of why Dre can't drastically improve his FTs and incrementally improve his % from 3. Not like he is Shaq or Dwight out there with abnormally huge hands and an awkwardly large frame.

You are missing the point. Dre makes his contributions in other ways than shooting.

Do you think he doesn't work on shooting the ball? Do you think that he isn't aware of his shooting or doesn't care? This isn't a rookie we are talking about, he has been in the league for a while now. Maybe he finds the magic secret but I wouldn't count on it. The point is wanting something to happen and that thing happening are often two very different things.

You are hilarious! Nonexistent stats?? They are everywhere. .245=worst in NBA this year.

Prove that it is the worst 3 point shooting percentage in the NBA. That is all we want. Rub your two brain cells together and find a link. Until then you are wrong.

It's weird people bash Roberson's free throw shooting because it should be easy to improve and he's paid to be a basketball player, when his future MVP teammate 'ranks dead last in the NBA in contested shots among players averaging 30 or more MPG' (might've moved up a spot or two since but still). Shouldn't it be easy to defend? I mean he's paid to play basketball, all it takes is a little effort. Instead, there's a certain someone on the perimeter covering him so he can grab his rebounds so he can average a triple double. And this 2-12 from the line came after Russ went 4-18 in the 2nd game in the 4th, I don't see how that wasn't just as damaging and he did it through selfishness. I actually love Russ but still, people are so picky about free throws compared to other stats. Everyone has a role to play, Dre's isn't to shoot free throws. It would be nice if he could though.

Last edited:
Even when Roberson was shuttling between the D-League and NBA as a rookie in 2013, there were early mornings and late nights, shooting as many as three times a day away from practice and games.
“A lot of guys on the team, their routine is to get there really early,” said Brian Keefe, now an assistant with the Los Angeles Lakers. “He was there before those guys.”

https://www.google.com/amp/m.newsok.com/article/5523652/amp

This is starting to turn into a can a shooter be made argument.

Roberson with what looks to be 3 blocks and 2 steals in the first half. He also has 0 points. Dre gonna Dre. Love him for what he is.

I'm a defensive minded guy, and love Dre giving the Buffs a good name by being a top 100 player in spite of his offensive woes.

There's a huge difference between being a good jump shooter, and making over half of your free-throws, however. Since there is a lack of variability, in theory you could just practice and practice until the muscle memory is there, even if your technique is unorthodox (look at Ball). So I guess it comes down to a lack of confidence?

Here's to hoping we see a Dre soon whom averages a double-double and leads the league in steals, the potential is there.

Let's look at the "not last list". You have players on there that played in 3 games. Players who shot one 3. Clearly a bs list if looked at the way you two assholes did. If you delve into the numbers you would see that Dre is the first name to come up for players that averaged more than 2 3 point shots per game. I'm not making this up. Also he is qualified. If you want me to give you players names on the list that mirror his I will. The numbers don't lie. Sorry

Back