What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Saturday 10/11 Games

Weird, I haven't watched any ball all day. Really not like me, I've seen scores. Well I can say, I don't think they get the playoff right till up have 8. Jmo. Kinda strange when u have 5 power conferences, so called anyway. Take the conference winner of th big 5, 3 at large bids. It'll be a more complete format at least.

Weird, I haven't watched any ball all day. Really not like me, I've seen scores. Well I can say, I don't think they get the playoff right till up have 8. Jmo. Kinda strange when u have 5 power conferences, so called anyway. Take the conference winner of th big 5, 3 at large bids. It'll be a more complete format at least.

I concur. Although I'm don't think the B1G would deserve an automatic slot for its conference champ this year even if it was an 8 team field. It really sucks.

No. You can't give the conference champions an auto bid with the way that these conference championship games are set up. For example, FSU runs the table then gets upset up by an 8-4 VT team and VT ends up getting an auto bid? No ****ing way.

They need to keep this thing at 4 teams, that's perfect.

No. You can't give the conference champions an auto bid with the way that these conference championship games are set up. For example, FSU runs the table then gets upset up by an 8-4 VT team and VT ends up getting an auto bid? No ****ing way.

They need to keep this thing at 4 teams, that's perfect.
Then have a contingency plan, u don't belong if u can't win your conference. U wanna be at the dance, don't lose. I don't feel sorry for them.

I think we saw that **** in say 2001? Didn't even win the division much less the conference, yet played the U. I forgot about the part where we boatraced them. Good idea.

So Alabama had a 3rd and 2 with over a minute left. Then they false start. They move the ball back 5 yards, then the CLOCK STARTS RUNNING. There are 30 seconds left after the play and the game is over on an officiating mistake.

Here's an idea, get rid of conference championship games. Anybody can get up for one game. Take the conference winners and have a playoff. 3 at larges, so they'd get a shot.

I agree. Adidas put the prison stripes within the numbers to troll PSU. Subtle and classy way to do it.

:lol:

I guess I'm just a traditionalist. As I said before, there are some unis that look just fine the way they are and have been for several decades. And the plethora of alternative unis disturbs me (I'm looking at you Whoregon, ASCC, etc.). It used to be you could channel surf games on Saturday and immediately recognize what teams you were watching ... not so much anymore.

EDIT: True story: When Bo Schembechler was first hired at Michigan after the '68 season, he was asked what the first thing he was going to do to get UM back on top (they had had several mediocre to bad seasons the past few years, not unlike today :huh:). He said the first thing he was going to do was to "get rid of those ugly helmets!"

He was joking of course, but there was an outcry from those who took him seriously. It took Michigan fans a while to realize that Bo had a really great sense of humor (he really did).

Last edited:
lsu knocks off florida. I think it was 30-27. A three point game, anyway. They picked off driskel with 24 seconds left and got the game winning field goal. That guy sucks.

Just got home from Memphis vs Houston. Memphis got jobbed by a bad fumble call. Had their chance to win driving with under 60s but tossed a pick for Houston to ice it. As for the Liberty Bowl its a neat place to watch a game. We went on a whim so did not have the chance to take in the pre game scene but it looks fun. A local radio station sets up a concert stage inn the tailgate area an plays live bands with a top 40 radio headliner (today was Thompson Square and Bret Michales is the Homecoming game). It looks a lot like what we have at CU with a mix of dedicated tailgaters and later comers. Although the BBQ smell was 100x greater than Folsom. And they SOLD BEER in the stadium which KEPT US IN OUR SEATS for the entire 4 quarters so we did not have to run to the truck for brew. Hopefully next time I can do the compete game day experience and I can report back, or I may just drive an hour and a half down to Oxford, MS to check out the Grove.

Watching an older, experienced ole Miss team succeed on top of the rest of the pac 12 looking very vulnerable has me pretty excited for the Buffs in next couples years. I think we could make a run in 2016

Pac-12 on its way to bowing out of the undefeated team sweepstakes, joining the Big Ten as the P5 conferences to do so.

The one game I didn't see any of was Washington-Cal....saw the score though. Was UW really that good or did Cal lay an egg?

Back