What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Scoreboards

We should sell our old boards to CSU for their new stadium. We just gotta find a place to store them for 8 years.

We should sell our old boards to CSU for their new stadium. We just gotta find a place to store them for 8 years.

:lol:

I just hope they can be salvaged and repaired well enough that we could use them on the South Campus for our field sports.

The parking lots at Hughes don't get much use .... and they could hide them behind all of those spiffy new shrubs.

Let's think this idea through, brother. From the perspective of symbolic gestures it is wrong for CU to give or CSU to take scoreboard from us.

Let's think this idea through, brother. From the perspective of symbolic gestures it is wrong for CU to give or CSU to take scoreboard from us.

I disagree. We will ALWAYS have scoreboard in their stadium.

I disagree. We will ALWAYS have scoreboard in their stadium.

It's just a question of perspective, isn't it.

When it comes to symbolic gestures, let's send up a CU mudhole instead.

It appears eee s pee in has a AllBuffs link on their P-12 web page about the new scoreboards at Folsom. Allsome!

Yeah, yeah, they are still too small. $7Million for that? Sadly I dont think it'll impress prospects that much when comparing facilities to our competition. Once again, last in the conference.

Yeah, yeah, they are still too small. $7Million for that? Sadly I dont think it'll impress prospects that much when comparing facilities to our competition. Once again, last in the conference.

Lol. "I'm eliminating CU because their scoreboards aren't big enough."-5* recruit

Lol. "I'm eliminating CU because their scoreboards aren't big enough."-5* recruit
Hmm, 5 star sees himself in a little screen with WWII air raid sirens blaring his name one week then goes to another school and sees himself larger than life in HD with new digital sound giant jumbo tron the next week... I don't know, if I'm 16 or 17 I know who would impress me more.

Hmm, 5 star sees himself in a little screen with WWII air raid sirens blaring his name one week then goes to another school and sees himself larger than life in HD with new digital sound giant jumbo tron the next week... I don't know, if I'm 16 or 17 I know who would impress me more.

With a one ton buffalo thundering across Folsom Field with eight guys holding on for their lives, I'm not sure he'll even notice the screen.

:rofl:

The parking lots at Hughes don't get much use .... and they could hide them behind all of those spiffy new shrubs.

Hell, the seats at Hughes don't get much use. They might as well just take a few sections and set them aside for storing these things... :lol:

I just saw a post on Rivals that the South video board is completely installed. Where's my damn photo?

I hope skiddy farks that picture - i would like to see it

That fark I made that merged the FoCo fire behind the North scoreboard construction turned out to be prophetic. I'm considering the Boulder fire to be bad karma for mixing a CU with scoreboard with a FoCo background. Why press my luck further?

Last edited by a moderator:
No fire, i just want to see our old scoreboards hanging out in hughes, taking in a csu beatdown at the hands of san jose state, enjoying the fall afternoon

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

I would like to see the old scoreboards moved into an open space like the Franklin Field. Be cool to have stuff being shown on the board while people are tailgating.

No fire, i just want to see our old scoreboards hanging out in hughes, taking in a csu beatdown at the hands of san jose state, enjoying the fall afternoon

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

If I were to put that together, I'd have to figure out a way to incorporate 61-20-2.

I just saw a post on Rivals that the South video board is completely installed. Where's my damn photo?

It's not any different looking than the last picture I posted. I'll take another one tomorrow just for you though. We're still a ways away from the start of work on the north end I think BUT the pieces have arrived. Hopefully next week is when installation happens.

IMAG0181.jpg

Reactions: dio
I will have new pics up soon. I caught sight of the top of a crane on the north end so I'll be walking over there shortly to get a look at what's going on.

Get this man a medal!

I'll settle for a ****ton of rep. At any rate, I'm sorry for being so late. Apparently I somehow managed not to hit the "post reply" button earlier when I composed my update for this morning. At that point, the crane was there and running but nothing had been lifted in yet. When I went back this afternoon, I found that a piece or two had been put in on the north end. I'm not sure if they are going to work this weekend but if they do, we could see half the board done on Monday and finish late next week. If not, then they might not finish until the week after. With the fireworks being cancelled, I would imagine there's a bit less urgency now.

The south board is indeed completely done now. I saw them doing a little work to the ends of the ribbon board area the other day but it didn't seem to be worth posting or studying in great detail. I wish now that I had because I can't quite tell what they did. It seems like they put in two final small sections of ribbon board to fill in the empty areas but I never saw these new pieces and the crane was already gone. The other possibility is that they cut off the unused space but I'm not sure. The bottom line is that it's done.

Finally, the field level board appears to have been finished right under my nose. I'm not sure when they did that but it's done now. I might try to stop in this weekend if I have the time and see if they are working on the north board. I make no promises though.

IMG_0127.jpg

IMG_0126.jpg

IMG_0124.jpg

Reactions: dio
I'll settle for a ****ton of rep. At any rate, I'm sorry for being so late. Apparently I somehow managed not to hit the "post reply" button earlier when I composed my update for this morning. At that point, the crane was there and running but nothing had been lifted in yet. When I went back this afternoon, I found that a piece or two had been put in on the north end. I'm not sure if they are going to work this weekend but if they do, we could see half the board done on Monday and finish late next week. If not, then they might not finish until the week after. With the fireworks being cancelled, I would imagine there's a bit less urgency now.

The south board is indeed completely done now. I saw them doing a little work to the ends of the ribbon board area the other day but it didn't seem to be worth posting or studying in great detail. I wish now that I had because I can't quite tell what they did. It seems like they put in two final small sections of ribbon board to fill in the empty areas but I never saw these new pieces and the crane was already gone. The other possibility is that they cut off the unused space but I'm not sure. The bottom line is that it's done.

Finally, the field level board appears to have been finished right under my nose. I'm not sure when they did that but it's done now. I might try to stop in this weekend if I have the time and see if they are working on the north board. I make no promises though.

View attachment 9790
Seems like they actually extended the ribbon boards into the empty space instead of getting rid of the extension.
attachment.php

Back