What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Scoreboards

If nothing else, your picture highlight how awesome summer is in Colorado. I'm not sure if I've seen a cloud in a single picture as of yet

To be fair - if there are clouds out there today I don't think we could see them through the smoke. Nice updates GB.

To celebrate our rich bounty of new OL commits, I got you all some presents. I went back to my spot later this afternoon and discovered some interesting things.

First of all, a few new horizontal supports have been added to the south board. I'm assuming that we're getting close to the install. If I had to guess, I would say that the board is probably going to go in in 16 pieces. I'm going to count the crates tomorrow and see if I can figure it out.

closeup.jpg

One final little tidbit: The field level board in the southeast corner is getting a makeover too. It will be replaced with a smaller version of what's going underneath the north board. Here's some proof that it's happening and that they've started the work.

field board.jpg

One final little tidbit: The field level board in the southeast corner is getting a makeover too. It will be replaced with a smaller version of what's going underneath the north board. Here's some proof that it's happening and that they've started the work.

View attachment 9550

Now thats some exclusive stuff. You have finally earned rep from me in this thread. Good work.

PS: I don't know why but that little scoreboard has always been one of my favorite parts of the stadium. No Idea why I just like it.

Now thats some exclusive stuff. You have finally earned rep from me in this thread. Good work.

PS: I don't know why but that little scoreboard has always been one of my favorite parts of the stadium. No Idea why I just like it.

I had no idea that board was there.... never sat on the West side.

Ya I never noticed that board either. It will be interesting to see how much these new boards improve fan experience

The past couple of years that I've been on gameday crew for the GBMB, we've actually stashed ladders, podiums, and various other things behind that board. Once they put in the new signs/padding on the sidewalls, they got cranky when we leaned things on it. Walking up there/on the Colorado ramp in general can be pretty gnarly though, especially when it's cold and a bit icy.

I never really thought about it before, but I can see now how some might have missed the existence of that board sitting on the east side. I've sat/stood in 110 for every home game since we shut out NMSU in 2005 my freshman year so I kind of just take it for granted.

Me too, love the little scoreboard. Kind of reminds me of those at Wimbledon. It also helps when you're watching anything on Buffvision, you can catch a glimpse of it during highlights and be able to tell what's going on in the game.

Looking at these pictures and all I can think about is game day. I have some serious need for college football right now. It doesn't get any better than tailgating and football in late summer/early fall in Boulder.

i think having a live buffalo running around the field with kids holding on to dear life is a bit more dangerous than chip trying to ollie off the mini scoreboard

Ya I never noticed that board either. It will be interesting to see how much these new boards improve fan experience

Winning will improve fan experience. Hell, I would be happy to continue to piss in the horse troughs if we win.

Winning will improve fan experience. Hell, I would be happy to continue to piss in the horse troughs if we win.

Forget that. I want to see remodeled bathrooms so I can buy a Folsom trough for my dream mancave bathroom.

I know I'm late but it's been a crazy day. Not a lot happened today but I caught some welding on the south board and the north board seems a bit more naked than it did yesterday.

IMAG0169.jpg

IMAG0168.jpg

Late again, but at least I'm getting today's update in today. I don't think a lot happened today. I didn't see either crane in action and I observed no welding. I'm guessing they're probably pretty close to putting in the new video, at least on the south side. The north side looks like there's quite a bit more to do. There will probably be a lot of structural/electrical work this week and early next week.

IMG_0033.jpg

IMG_0031.jpg

Reactions: dio
Quick video of the north scoreboard coming down:

[video=youtube;hzSDV7UDJrQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzSDV7UDJrQ&feature=em-subs_digest[/video]

I just want to know if the new scoreboards can handle the "Calls Around The Nation" graphic.

More importantly, can they handle the football helmet shuffle.

Also, they should return that video of the cute kid singing the fight song during the game. That always jacked up the crowd and the team.

Back