What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Season Tickets

Did you get your season tickets?

• Renewed

Votes: 23 71.9%
  • New Season Ticket Holder

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Not This Year

Votes: 8 25.0%

• Total voters
thanks goodness I don't know what I am talking about. I don't know where I got the 11 AM kickoff. what time was it last year?

you might not know this, but there are two club levels at Mile High (East and West). The East side is this gigantic room that is big enough for a high school prom. The West side is a dark corridor. Guess which side they put CU on. I really think Bohn got bent over. Lets just pay CSU off and end this terrible series.

**** it, at least I will be able to get inside and have a beer during the game. An expensive beer but a beer and my kids can get out of the sun. Last year we were in the lower level but below the overhand so in the shade the whole game. Otherwise, it would have been very hot. Got very lucky on that one.

1:30 will work. I still may not go at all, but at least I won't have to get up at 5:00 AM just to get all the stuff together for the trek to Denver. If they hold true to form (unlikely, but it's all I have to go on), they will open up the lots at 9:30. I can live with that. They won't start harassing the fans until at least 10:15. They'll open the gates at about 1:15, and people will get to their seats right around 3:00 PM. Perfect.

False. Last year I had to be away from the game immediately, so had arrived early to line up for when lots opened. I didn't have our tailgate pass so parked in the first cash lot I could get to, "C". Which runs from roughly Colfax up to the stadium. My tailgaters were in "M" (far side of Colfax). I was about the tenth car in, and tried to park at the very back end of the lot, well away from the stadium and near the exit - think Wally World strategy. As soon as I stopped I had a parking flag guy at my window. He told me I had to go park where they were directing me - at the very front of the lot next to the stadium. I explained the above very slowly and calmly - remember it is just minutes after seven - and explained that I would not be tailgating at my vehicle and just wanted to lock and leave it where I could get easily at the end of the game. He then threatened to have me towed if I left my truck where I had it parked. Eventually I gave in, relocated closer to the stadium, and crossed the lot to get back to my tailgate, then fought into a crowd to lock my cooler in the truck before the game.

I don't mind the hassle of extra security. I will deal with the bs of lambnation. I even welcome the idea of beating down kid brother repeatedly and having to make the trip to do so. What absolutely drives me insane about this game is that Denver and whoever manages the gameday experience at Mile High feels that it is appropriate to treat the resident alumni of the two largest state universities like absolute dog crap to attend what should be the biggest showcase of Colorado collegiate athletics. Boulder, and probably Ft. Mutton have to face the same security and drunk fan issues - but at least they manage to make you feel like the game is being played for the fans rather than in spite of them. Eliminate the arbitrary BS and at least mandatory hassles would be more acceptable.

^^^^ the parking lot nazi was probably a CSU grad.

My bad - I had completely forgotten about the hugely popular CSU parking management degree. With the premier parking lot at Hughes to practice in you would think they would produce a better class of parking nazi.

Back