What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Sefo health update

Here is a video of the full 2nd half.

The injury occurs after a QB run starting at roughly 3:56. He taps the michigan player who tackled him on the helmet, rolls to get up and doesn't seem to be in much pain until he stands up. He hobbles around in obvious pain then throws a 70yd bomb to shay. He takes a hit to that ankle on the play and went down had to be helped off.

He gets taped up, he goes back out makes a couple passes but takes a late hit at 13:15. Gets drilled on the following play. Ankle gets hit again and it appears one of the Michigan players on the tackle may have stepped on his bad ankle at 14:15.

The injury obviously limited his mobility which allowed Michigan to bring the house every time. If Sefo was going to stay in, our OC needed to keep an extra blocker in the backfield and the OL needed to take it upon themselves to keep Sefo upright.

the air went out of the Buffs when sefo went down for sure. personally, i think the best news out there right now is that they view sefo as day to day. i feared (mostly due to my own pessimistic tendencies with the Buffs for this last decade) that it might be a lot worse.

montez will play better on saturday. he will. will it be enough? i don't know, but i also expect the team around him to play better too.

oh, and on the "turtling" comment, when they had sefo take a knee twice at the end of the 2nd with enough time on the clock to allow michigan to go down and score, i was ballistically pissed at the staff. that's turtling. i wish the team had reacted better when sefo went down, but this happens at every level when you lose a heart and soul type of teammate. everyone will do better next week. they have a week to prepare themselves.

my biggest thing is just run the ****ing offense. don't try to sit on a lead, don't try to regroup, don't try to slow things down, don't try to simplify or be conservative. run the offense. the offense works. it is effective. it disrupts what defenses want to do. the team practices the offense, including montez, so run the offense.

This is the Brian Lindren philosophy. Run and hide when you have a lead. 4th year of it, shouldn't surprise ANYONE.

I got a text from my daughter saying she saw Sefo on campus in a full boot and crutches. He was being driven to classes in a golf cart.

I got a text from my daughter saying she saw Sefo on campus in a full boot and crutches. He was being driven to classes in a golf cart.
Would surprise me at all if outside of practice they want him protecting that foot at all times. The more he can keep weight off, and can keep the joint stable the faster it heals.

Montez is going to get most of the snaps this week and will be ready if Sefo can't go, but I expect Sefo to be under center on Saturday.

That's what he needs to do. Keep off it and elevate as much as possible when he's not getting treatment.

Yea typically even with a small sprain when they are not practicing they are in a boot. Remember the Tupou rumors because he was in a boot? I don't expect Sefo to play this week, but if he is back by Oregon State I think we avoided disaster. I was worried he was toast. If Sefo is not coming back in it is typically not good news.

outside of whirlpool visits, I bet that boot doesn't come off until Saturday morning

That is going to be one smelly ass foot by Saturday.

S7pkWqP3TJ2FRSeUy2TK_s5.gif

Just a gut. I haven't heard anything official at all. I think that for Sefo to come out of that game it had to be serious. I understand sprains can hurt a lot in the moment then gets better, but it's Sefo. I think it's a ploy for Oregon to prep for two QBs.

Does anyone really think hes going to play with no practice all week? Montez has his chance to shine.

Just a gut. I haven't heard anything official at all. I think that for Sefo to come out of that game it had to be serious. I understand sprains can hurt a lot in the moment then gets better, but it's Sefo. I think it's a ploy for Oregon to prep for two QBs.
gotcha. would think they will prep for Sefo and, in doing so, they'd still be ready for Montez

I don't think the coaches would have any issues with trotting their four-year starter out there without significant practice if he is healthy enough to go.

I agree, I guess what I was trying to say and badly at that was, I don't think there is a chance in hell he plays.Maybe I can send him some of my wife's doterra oils, took care of a sore shoulder..

Does anyone really think hes going to play with no practice all week? Montez has his chance to shine.
He's probably one of a small handful of players who could go the whole week without practicing and still be fine on Saturday. He's been here long enough to know all the plays they'll be using against Oregon.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if he practices on Thurs, light on Fri, and tries to go on Sat. Nobody going to tell us if he does or not until gametime but if I'm Oregon I'm prepping for both guys.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if he practices on Thurs, light on Fri, and tries to go on Sat. Nobody going to tell us if he does or not until gametime but if I'm Oregon I'm prepping for both guys.

How much different is the game plan for Sefo vs Montez?

I guess you're much more worried about QB runs if Montez is in this week, but not to the point where you'd spy. And in the game you'd be willing to take bigger risks to bring pressure against Montez, but that's more about in-game play calls. You'd prepare those blitzes either way, just call them a lot more with Montez in.

I suspect it doesn't matter all that much. MacIntyre will worry about CU. And I don't think he will legitimately know about Sefo until Saturday.

We have to find a way to play a fast - high tempo- on O when Montez is in. Even if we have to simplify the offense it's worth it. I think we have a better chance against the ducks if we go fast rather than have a more complicated/deceptive offense.

How much different is the game plan for Sefo vs Montez?

I guess you're much more worried about QB runs if Montez is in this week, but not to the point where you'd spy. And in the game you'd be willing to take bigger risks to bring pressure against Montez, but that's more about in-game play calls. You'd prepare those blitzes either way, just call them a lot more with Montez in.

I suspect it doesn't matter all that much. MacIntyre will worry about CU. And I don't think he will legitimately know about Sefo until Saturday.
I think you're much more willing to dial up press man coverage with little help over the top if Montez is the QB, whereas Sefo has shown that he can go up top whenever he wants. It's not something that takes a massive installation of a different game plan, but it's still something in terms of how they have to prepare. A lot of that is in-game adjustments, anyways.

Sprains can hurt like hell for a long time. High Ankle sprains especially. Resting it makes it feel better.

Sprains can hurt like hell for a long time. High Ankle sprains especially. Resting it makes it feel better.
I'm with ya. Trust me I have had my fair share of ankle sprains with basketball. It sometimes can be worse than just breaking your ankle. I just am getting the vibe it is a mild sprain. Even with a mild sprain it hurts like hell right away and that's probably why he had to come out.

Here is a video of the full 2nd half.

The injury occurs after a QB run starting at roughly 3:56. He taps the michigan player who tackled him on the helmet, rolls to get up and doesn't seem to be in much pain until he stands up. He hobbles around in obvious pain then throws a 70yd bomb to shay. He takes a hit to that ankle on the play and went down had to be helped off.

He gets taped up, he goes back out makes a couple passes but takes a late hit at 13:15. Gets drilled on the following play. Ankle gets hit again and it appears one of the Michigan players on the tackle may have stepped on his bad ankle at 14:15.

The injury obviously limited his mobility which allowed Michigan to bring the house every time. If Sefo was going to stay in, our OC needed to keep an extra blocker in the backfield and the OL needed to take it upon themselves to keep Sefo upright.

On the michigan 1yd td run in 3rd, nice hold of the jersey on the run, should have been a penalty and 3rd and goal from the 11. Oh well....

Back