What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Shedeur Sanders - 2023-24 Tracking History Thread

400 yards
5 TDs
1 pick

But didn't make the throws when we needed it most. Ouch!
2 10+ yard sacks on 4th down to give Furd the ball in CU half ot the field
Intentional grounding for a loss of 18 while trying to be Mahomes
Can't / won't / refuses to check of of deep drop playcalls when opponents show 6+ in the blitz
Led CU to the biggest come from in front loss in program history

Stats are nice

Wins are better

2 10+ yard sacks on 4th down to give Furd the ball in CU half ot the field
Intentional grounding for a loss of 18 while trying to be Mahomes
Can't / won't / refuses to check of of deep drop playcalls when opponents show 6+ in the blitz
Led CU to the biggest come from in front loss in program history

Stats are nice

Wins are better
One of those sacks was Wells accidentally pushing one of the edge rushers into 2. That one was excusable.

The other one was on 2. He was trying to avoid the sack and do what I scream to never do. If it's a coverage sack and you have no way to throw it. Take the sack, even if it's a 4th down because grounding is the worst **** ever. That said, you can't take a sack on 4th down, then again, calling plays with empty on 4th down when everyone is rushing and no one is open isn't a smart play call. Once again, you can't just blame that on 2 fully on that

This one isn't true

Yeah, you just talking dumb ****. He had his issues today. Game management was clearly 1. But the ish you are saying is doo doo brain nonsense.

There are about 4-5 legit complains you can have on 2 in this game and you named .5 of one

One of those sacks was Wells accidentally pushing one of the edge rushers into 2. That one was excusable.

The other one was on 2. He was trying to avoid the sack and do what I scream to never do. If it's a coverage sack and you have no way to throw it. Take the sack, even if it's a 4th down because grounding is the worst **** ever. That said, you can't take a sack on 4th down, then again, calling plays with empty on 4th down when everyone is rushing and no one is open isn't a smart play call. Once again, you can't just blame that on 2 fully on that

This one isn't true

Yeah, you just talking dumb ****. He had his issues today. Game management was clearly 1. But the ish you are saying is doo doo brain nonsense.

There are about 4-5 legit complains you can have on 2 in this game and you named .5 of one
Can't take a 7 step drop on 4th and 4 with a 7 man blitz coming. Has to check out of that play call. Add to that continuing to drop STRAIGHT back instead of getting out of the pocket is on 2.

The pick was 100% on 2. 6th graders know you can't make that throw. guaranteed loss if you turn it over in OT.

Leader of the team, let them take most of the 2nd half off.

You don't get to be the man and take all the accolades in wins, and not take the blame in losses. Not how it works.

Can't take a 7 step drop on 4th and 4 with a 7 man blitz coming. Has to check out of that play call. Add to that continuing to drop STRAIGHT back instead of getting out of the pocket is on 2.

The pick was 100% on 2. 6th graders know you can't make that throw. guaranteed loss if you turn it over in OT.

You don't get to be the man and take all the accolades in wins, and not take the blame in losses. Not how it works.
Honestly, he had decent time to throw on the interception. At least 4 seconds before he started to scramble.

Honestly, he had decent time to throw on the interception. At least 4 seconds before he started to scramble.
The next time he throws the ball out the back of the endzone because they play isn't there will be the first time.

It might be true that we've lived and died with Shedeur and Travis, but do we HAVE to??

I think that's what bothers me the most. It feels like we are trying to force our stars to have these big, epic games full of highlight reel plays, even in situations where grinding out a win would be far preferable and more strategic. This has been apparent to me as far back as the CSU game.

We have other good players. I refuse to believe the running game couldn't be better-- Edwards and McKaskill clearly have a ton of talent, and Hank is solid. I'm not trying to say we should transform into some old school ground and pound team-- not in the slightest. But it seems like we lack an awareness of what's going on in our games.

Yeah, Shedeur and Travis are awesome-- some of the best players I've gotten to personally see at CU! -- But I feel like we are forcing them to be everything when we don't have to, and when the situation calls for other strategies. It's very frustrating.

It might be true that we've lived and died with Shedeur and Travis, but do we HAVE to??

I think that's what bothers me the most. It feels like we are trying to force our stars to have these big, epic games full of highlight reel plays when grinding out a win would be far preferable. This has been apparent to me as far back as the CSU game.

We have other good players. I refuse to believe the running game couldn't be better-- Edwards and McKaskill clearly have a ton of talent, and Hank is solid. I'm not trying to say we should transform into some old school ground and pound team-- not in the slightest. But it seems like we lack an awareness of what's going on in our games.

Yeah, Shedeur and Travis are awesome-- some of the best players I've gotten to personally see at CU! -- But I feel like we are forcing them to be everything when we don't have to, and when the situation calls for other strategies. It's very frustrating.
Yes, when you can't run the ball you live and die by your QB

Jeez folks, lets try on some perspective. Shedeur is the only one keeping us in these games. He probably has the worst Oline in the history of CU, yet we're 4-3 and he still has Heisman numbers.
4-3 isn't a heisman number

I guess what I'm saying is that I'm not convinced that we can't run the ball. I think it's more that we DON'T run the ball. Maybe I dunno wtf I'm talking about, but if you take away sacks, I don't think our yards per carry is that bad.

I guess what I'm saying is that I'm not convinced that we can't run the ball. I think it's more that we DON'T run the ball. Maybe I dunno wtf I'm talking about, but if you take away sacks, I don't think our yards per carry is that bad.
35 for 132 = 3.8 w/SS
22 for 95 = 4.3

Screenshot_20231014-135621_Sports.jpg

WRs gotta get open. If they don't, what do you expect to happen. You want 2 to throw himself open. Come on son. Think about why we are doing 5 step drops in the damn shotgun

the loss isn't on shadeur. you cannot repeatedly put your playmakers in a grand canyon sized hole and then hope against hope they pull off a miracle.

... never should have let a clearly inferior opponent back into the game. ... never should have had to put TH on some scrub wr running wild on the same play over and over.

the great players we have are great. we need more. we also need a far more conservative and analytics driven game management. you can't go up by 29 at half and lose. full stop.

our staff is smart and driven and they will get it sorted out. flow of the game got away from them, in a big way.

Shedeur made 2 bad throws late in the game. He misses a wide open Hunter on third down with about 3 minutes to go. He makes that throw we probably win. And of course the ill fated interception, just eat the ball or get rid of it the second you feel the pressure. My biggest complaint with Shedeur is he tries to make something out of every play. Sometimes the play blows up and you just have to cut your losses, throw it away and fight another day.

A bigger issue I think is Lewis’ play calling, especially catering plays to specific players. Making Edwards run between tackles is stupid, get him in space, perhaps a wheel route. Not running the ball in the second half and running down the clock. Now that teams have tape, he’s slow to make adjustments, lack of creativity.

WRs gotta get open. If they don't, what do you expect to happen. You want 2 to throw himself open. Come on son. Think about why we are doing 5 step drops in the damn shotgun
Entire offense is predicted on QB1 and WRs reading the defense and checking to something that will work.

Turning your back and running backwards is a real hard way to find open recievers.

the loss isn't on shadeur. you cannot repeatedly put your playmakers in a grand canyon sized hole and then hope against hope they pull off a miracle.

... never should have let a clearly inferior opponent back into the game. ... never should have had to put TH on some scrub wr running wild on the same play over and over.

the great players we have are great. we need more. we also need a far more conservative and analytics driven game management. you can't go up by 29 at half and lose. full stop.

our staff is smart and driven and they will get it sorted out. flow of the game got away from them, in a big way.
A 29 pt lead is a grand canyon sized hole?

Playmakers failed. 2 was the biggest culprit.

When your entire offense runs through 1 person, and said offense ****s down their pants for an entire half, the blame lies in 1 place.

Shedeur made 2 bad throws late in the game. He misses a wide open Hunter on third down with about 3 minutes to go. He makes that throw we probably win. And of course the ill fated interception, just eat the ball or get rid of it the second you feel the pressure. My biggest complaint with Shedeur is he tries to make something out of every play. Sometimes the play blows up and you just have to cut your losses, throw it away and fight another day.

A bigger issue I think is Lewis’ play calling, especially catering plays to specific players. Making Edwards run between tackles is stupid, get him in space, perhaps a wheel route. Not running the ball in the second half and running down the clock. Now that teams have tape, he’s slow to make adjustments, lack of creativity.
We would be 0-7 without Shedeur but, occasionally, his situational awareness is really off. Taking sacks on 4th, checking into runs when they need to preserve time against USC, throwing a prayer in OT. He’ll get better and I love that he’s a Buff but some of this is on him

If I were a GM of an NFL team, I am taking Shedeur over C. Williams, Williams reminds me of Bryce Young (a short QB who gets exposed at the next level, unable to pass over those bigs). Shedeur also has exceptional composure and the ability to lead and calm his teammates. Those traits will serve him well in the NFL, I believe he will be an All-Pro NFL QB. I also think C. Williams will be a bench QB by his second year.

Some of the comments criticizing Shedeur for being sacked once that was on him and one bad throw are misguided. He is easily the best QB in a Buffs uniform in 25 years. Maholmes, Brady, Manning, Elway - even the best QB's have a couple poor throws per game. Shedeur has incredible stats and is a sensational Leader, while running for his life behind a wrenched OL. Given the poor play by CU offenses the past 20 years, I would think true fans would appreciate every second Shedeur is on campus and on the field. He is an elite QB and excellent role model off the field. This critical criticism of one bad pass on a day when the defense allowed 46 pts in the 2nd half is asinine.

Back