What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

SI: CU Assistant Coach's Victim Seeks Justice

I agree. I have actually said all I wanted to say, and am satisfied with the official response. I just get annoyed with all of the CU-did-nothing-wrong-at-all-and-shame-on-those-who-talk-about-it posts. They reek of a more arrogant "moral superiority" than the posters they call out.
I'm more frustrated that people are trying to vilify CU and MM when they didn't really do anything wrong. They didn't follow a procedure that they eventually said they didn't fully understand and will correct. Nothing nefarious or criminal there.

Obviously, I want this to go away. Don't you? I want JT to accept responsibility and plead guilty. I want the victim to move on, putting the trauma behind her and, if she wants, develop a great relationship with a good guy who treats her like gold. I want the Rise to continue unabated. It seems, in reading comments, that some want this issue to become perpetual, a hobby topic. Hence, my comment, move on.

Last edited:
I'm more frustrated that people are trying to vilify CU and MM when they didn't really do anything wrong. They didn't follow a procedure that they eventually said they didn't fully understand and will correct. Nothing nefarious or criminal there.
Surely you see the contradiction in your own post, right? I've highlighted it for you just in case.

Obviously, I want this to go away. Don't you? I want JT to accept responsibility and plead guilty. I want the victim to move on, putting the trauma behind her and, if she wants, develop a great relationship with a good guy who treats her like gold. I want the Rise to continue unabated. It seems, in reading comments, that some want this issue to become perpetual, a hobby topic. Hence, my comment, move on.

Seems like if you really wanted to move on, you wouldn't keep coming back again and again. Ironic.

The story will play out when it plays out.

I am glad that she finally got the courage to get a restraining order against him if this is true.
But she is in for a fight from Tumpkin lawyers if there is no clear evidence of the assault.

100 incidents and you keep flying to go see him.

Last edited:
You can't fix stupid
Whatever. It's not a black and white situation. Lots of gray areas and CU got lost in them where there were legal pitfalls all over. They are not the ones at fault in this situation. JT is. And THAT frankly, is the end of the story.

And **** you for calling me stupid. Ironic using a redneck catchphrase to insult someone.

raw

The CU Board is drawing more attention to a situation than need be. Policies were not followed, all parties are aware of the process now and the legal process should take care of the victim and the offender. Kroll not only wants to delay and potentially stop the contract for HCMM, but he is also opposed to the law allowing for longer contracts. This may now become a problem. HCMM could leave, after having lost 3 of their top four assistant coaches this off-season.
You know, this fragile new environment where SOMEBODY must pay and they must pay now for not following a process to the T is ridiculous. There was no effort to sweep this under the rug, this isn't PSU or Bailwhore, nor is it Nubs or even Oregon (who has done a much better job of handling their numerous national violations this fall). Thank you Board of Regents for complicating matters and bringing more attention to something that simply requires due process!

It's hard to say the Board is drawing more attention to it when there were three statements by CU Friday.

MM should have fallen on his sword and said he regretted giving Tumpkin the assignment to lead the D for the Alamo Bowl.

It was an easy escape from a PR perspective. Instead, he chose a different t path.

This story is going to linger likely in a large rebuke to MM. I don't think he loses his job. I think he gets his raise, and should. But a few lashes are coming.

Goddamnit, just read this on Espn. They are slowing his contract because of the situation. Jesus Christ, either fire the guy or get his back. WTF, those people running CU that ****ing stupid or what? Make a bad situation worse, sounds familiar.

At least one of our regents is a certifiable idiot. The Regents could have easily voted on whether or not to suspend the contract approval without all the other hyperbolic statements.

Kroll is playing politics; fine, he is a politician. The idiocy is that he is playing a game of politics that no one, not even himself, nor the victim, nor the University, wins.

If the OIEC is the regent's concern, then the investigation isnt gonna reveal anything new about the OIEC as all parties have stated already they did not report to the OIEC. Are they hoping they may find something else?

Typical Liberal. ;)
Also, the article was pinned by our favorite "journalist."

Let's face it. We can't have good things. News 4 just ran a story. The idot regents want to make sure this thing gets blown out of proportion and costs us Mac and RG.

According to the report, the regents hired a consultant to, you know, give an unbiased opinion as to whether or not RG and Mac did anything wrong. The Regents don't meet again until April, so this will linger until then, at the least. My experience with "consultants" is that they feel like they MUST find wrong doing in order to justify their pay. Right now I am very angry.

How quickly can they get the special investigation done?
It is understandable that the regents want to confirm that nothing was seriously wrong in the situation before signing off on a huge contract. They just need to handle this quickly. I am confident that coach Macintyre has not done anything wrong. Maybe some procedural thing, but his intent was to do the right thing. It should be fine if they can wrap it up quickly and move on. Dragging it out is bad for everyone.

In the report, the woman alleged that she’d been the victim of domestic violence at Tumpkin’s hands 80 times in 2015 and 2016. A Broomfield Police affidavit puts the number of assaults at more than 100.....

Um yea... lets make that probably 10. If it was 100 then your bad not his.

If for some reason we did no retain coach Mac... How quick and would we get Les Miles?

That would really work well for the regents: we go from perhaps the most decent coach in cfb, to the guy who, when he would say academics was the priority in public, would wink and laugh at his kids while holding two fingers up.

Back