What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Simmons ineligible? (Currently a rumor)

4Wordsforyou.jpg
YAWWWWN! :blah: Uh, ...you ...er...finished now? Sumpin' happened, get it?

Unforeseen, a change in what was promised by others and now its time to resolve the issue---as the CU academic lady said Simmons is entitled to his privacy on this and I won't speculate what it was that happened. All I know is : I'd like to know whats goin' on, but ain't gettin' bent outta shape over either the delay or lack of specifics.

Nobody OWES you nothin' by way of explanation! If you're frstrated, sellur tix and quit this board in protest, Maybe then we have a converstion about how the guys that made it, Ussery, Jefferson, etc are actually doing.........

Au contraire. From BG Brooks 8/14 article :

[FONT=Cambria, serif]"But director of academics Kris Livingston said CU not having the transcript from his junior college is not the issue keeping Simmons sidelined. She could not discuss the matter further, citing Simmons' FERPA rights." [/FONT]

FERPA = Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act

OK, well I never saw that. Just the same, if that were the case all along, why the slight of hand move with blaming the Juco for closing early? Why not simply say "There are some issues we are dealing with that we cannot discuss, but we expect to have them resolved by (insert date here), and that we'll continue to work on getting Mr. Simmons enrolled at CU." See, is that hard? No it's not. And while doing so would have certainly led to all kinds of wild speculation, at least we wouldn't have CU fans calling ICC demanding they get their act together.

OK, well I never saw that. Just the same, if that were the case all along, why the slight of hand move with blaming the Juco for closing early? Why not simply say "There are some issues we are dealing with that we cannot discuss, but we expect to have them resolved by (insert date here), and that we'll continue to work on getting Mr. Simmons enrolled at CU." See, is that hard? No it's not. And while doing so would have certainly led to all kinds of wild speculation, at least we wouldn't have CU fans calling ICC demanding they get their act together.

Looks like the drama and speculation will continue yet another week.:wow:

well, that's like an unexpected kick to the boys, especially with the kasa news.

being a Buff fan has not been for the feint of heart for about a decade now.

i may have to go out of my office and yell at someone. that usually cheers me up.

I am sorry about the above post. I am hearing that something went wrong this morning and we should prepare for some different WRs. Can't say too much but I heard it 1st hand from a really good source.

Therefore, you dont have to relax...you can freak the phuck out!

I'm way ahead of you. Going to the plural "WRs" took care of that, no doubt.....

**** **** **** **** ****ity ****. This is really getting ****ing ridiculous. Why the **** do we even bother trying to recruit and build a roster in advance?? Between injuries, suspensions and whatever the **** our WR problem of the week is, maybe we should just hand out jerseys to the first 80 guys to show up on Saturday..... ****!!!!!!! :sad2:

I hate these cryptic messages. They just fan the flames of speculation, but offer nothing solid.

**** **** cocksucking mother****ing ****bag ****!

At least I'm leaving work soon.

What do you want me to say? There is nothing cryptic about it. Something went wrong and we should probably not count on him. Doesnt sound very cryptic to me. Would you like to to list my source etc? That would do nothing more then get someone fired and my information source taken away. I am not trying to fan anything...I went so far as to try to retract my previous statement based on what the same source told me yesterday.

Bottom line, something went against us this morning...they are trying to correct or fix it. They, being CU isnt so sure they can get it done in time for this season.

DONT KILL THE POSTER!
THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT.

Release the ****ing hounds!

If it turns out to be true, are we realistically looking at all three true freshmen playing?

What do you want me to say? There is nothing cryptic about it. Something went wrong and we should probably not count on him. Doesnt sound very cryptic to me. Would you like to to list my source etc? That would do nothing more then get someone fired and my information source taken away. I am not trying to fan anything...I went so far as to try to retract my previous statement based on what the same source told me yesterday.

Bottom line, something went against us this morning...they are trying to correct or fix it. They, being CU isnt so sure they can get it done in time for this season.

DONT KILL THE POSTER!

I would say that the phrase "something went against us this morning" is pretty ****ing cryptic.

What is the ****ing problem? Throw me a bone here.

If he's going to get in, great. If he's not, bummer. I'd at least like to know what the problem is and the reason why that particular problem is preventing him from playing for CU this year.

I don't particularly care who your source is.

Sucks, but the beat goes on. One player who has 0 receptions as a Div1A athlete will not make or break the season. No one should have expected great things from him this year anyways.

If it turns out to be true, are we realistically looking at all three true freshmen playing?
darden sure doesn't look ready from what i saw... but ya, they will play. How hard is a go route? Time for Hawk to do the best position coach job since Brown last year with the DBs.

Sucks, but the beat goes on. One player who has 0 receptions as a Div1A athlete will not make or break the season. No one should have expected great things from him this year anyways.

We better be expecting someone with 0 receptions as a Div1A athlete to step up and make a difference this season because none of our WRs save McKnight have any career receptions. And yes, our WR production very well could make or break the season.

We better be expecting someone with 0 receptions as a Div1A athlete to step up and make a difference this season because none of our WRs save McKnight have any career receptions. And yes, our WR production very well could make or break the season.
Cody has been throwing to possibly the worst WR's CU has had in the last 20 years... It would be nice if that changed.

I'm not terribly worried about the wide receivers. Sure, there will be some youth there - but there are some nice players.

We all know what McKnight can do. Simas will be a nice addition for the 3rd game of the season. I expect Ussery and Jefferson will play. Darden definitely has the size to play - if he can pick up the play book.

Add in the tight ends, who will need to be a BIG part of this offense if we are going to have any success, and the RB's - who are going to have to catch some passes, too - and we should be ok.

I agree that it is a decent group on paper, but the lack of experience/depth is a bit scary.

we had basically no one other than mcknight last year and you saw what happened. josh smith was hot or cold.

simas will be an upgrade over the whole group (except maybe mcknight).

so, mcknight and simas give us 2 wideouts who should be able to play some ball. jefferson and *someone else* will be the 3rd and 4th guys.

the tight ends look like they could catch some balls.

and, you have to figure that some of the bajillion rbs we have will be split out... lockridge, speedy, etc. those guys look like they can play in space.

we don't have nearly enough speed at wr to be really potent, but if the ol holds up and we don't lose any more effin' wrs, there is chance the offense could be reasonably effective. kiesau has been saying the right things about philosophy and scheme.

damn i am tired of the snakebites.

It's sure looking like it, isn't it? The late pickups of Jefferson and Ussery look a lot bigger now than they did at the time. Same goes for Diante's grandma.

Fellas, we will still have some WRs to line up, catch the ball, and block in the running game. I wonder how well Simmons can block someone? It seems like all I have seen discussed about Simmons is his pass catching skills. We had some decent WRs that had no sizzle under Gary Barnett but that netted us four North titles this decade plus the 2001 Big 12 Championship.

Barnett's offenses made heavy use of Tight Ends in the passing game. Where were they last year? I kept hearing they had to stay in to block. That worked well. I rewatched the 1H of the FSU game last night and we should have been up 21-7 not down 19-7. Cody missed a wide open TE and a wide open Moyd - both are easy 7 points. In watching, I gained confidence knowing Kiesau is better than Helfrich. But Cody regressed a lot, even in the 1H of FSU game where the protection wasn't so bad. He has GOT to get over hearing footsteps.

we had basically no one other than mcknight last year and you saw what happened. josh smith was hot or cold.

simas will be an upgrade over the whole group (except maybe mcknight).

so, mcknight and simas give us 2 wideouts who should be able to play some ball. jefferson and *someone else* will be the 3rd and 4th guys.

the tight ends look like they could catch some balls.

and, you have to figure that some of the bajillion rbs we have will be split out... lockridge, speedy, etc. those guys look like they can play in space.

we don't have nearly enough speed at wr to be really potent, but if the ol holds up and we don't lose any more effin' wrs, there is chance the offense could be reasonably effective. kiesau has been saying the right things about philosophy and scheme.

damn i am tired of the snakebites.

I will disagree. Williams, Crawford, and Smith had 90 catches, 7 TDs and a 1000 yards between them last year. That accounts for 40% of the passing production last season. That is about 7.5 catches per game for a team that only averaged 18. Maybe one of these freshmen will be a superstar but playing inexperienced players at wideout is not always going to be pretty.

Simas is suspended for the first two games.

I will disagree. Williams, Crawford, and Smith had 90 catches, 7 TDs and a 1000 yards between them last year. That accounts for 40% of the passing production last season. That is about 7.5 catches per game for a team that only averaged 18. Maybe one of these freshmen will be a superstar but playing inexperienced players at wideout is not always going to be pretty.

Simas is suspended for the first two games.

i don't disagree with your disagreement!!! :lol:

i am just trying to be positive.

but, i do hope that the scheme puts the Buffs in a better position to succeed. and, simas (and, yes, i know he's out for 2 games--- if we can't win those without him, well, you know the rest...) and mcknight are, i think, going to be fine. not enough speed again... it is after those 2 where i think we've got some real questions.

however you cut it, wr was going to be a big question mark this year. simmons maybe not making it in just adds to the issue.

i don't disagree with your disagreement!!! :lol:

i am just trying to be positive.

but, i do hope that the scheme puts the Buffs in a better position to succeed. and, simas (and, yes, i know he's out for 2 games--- if we can't win those without him, well, you know the rest...) and mcknight are, i think, going to be fine. not enough speed again... it is after those 2 where i think we've got some real questions.

however you cut it, wr was going to be a big question mark this year. simmons maybe not making it in just adds to the issue.

It is kind of ironic. CU use to always be able to find receivers, McCoy (not recruited), Hackett (his school dropped football) - and these guys were good college receivers. I don't remember CU to ever be so lacking at receiver. In your positive theme, it gives a couple of the younger guys an opportunity for early reps and a chance to develop fast.

Back