What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

So, who got the survey from CUAD MB?

I hate to bring this up, but these surveys are part of ... a ... feasibility study.

:nod:

I wonder how many CU fans answered in the affirmative on this question:

12. Would you consider making a significant gift or pledge over three to five years toward such an initiative?
- Yes
- No

It doesn't say what the significant gift amount would be. I'm guessing CSU had a similar question.

It doesn't say what the significant gift amount would be. I'm guessing CSU had a similar question.

I happen to be going through a capital campaign for a different project myself right now. Let me assure you (and anybody else reading this) that if you answer in the affirmative, YOU WILL BE CONTACTED for a donation down the road. Not that this is a bad thing, just be forewarned.

I actually put that in the comments, what is a significant amount and why are you asking only if they would take a significant amount. If someone wants to give the AD $5 they should take it.

I got the survey and will spend time thinking about it before I respond. Don't worry about me asking Bohn if he thinks moving to the MWC is a good idea. :)

Done. Thought the questions were rather broad and open ended yes/no bull****. Hard to really tell anything from those results.

Filled mine out. Spent my effort in the suggestions stuff emphasizing the AD's goal should be WINNING, not just competing and building a sustainable program. Probably should have also said to bring back beer, but I consider that a no-hoper.

Any guesses on the over-under on how long it takes them to call back asking for more money.

Filled mine out. Spent my effort in the suggestions stuff emphasizing the AD's goal should be WINNING, not just competing and building a sustainable program. Probably should have also said to bring back beer, but I consider that a no-hoper.

Any guesses on the over-under on how long it takes them to call back asking for more money.

This. It's a point I can only dream they start to grasp...

Filled mine out. Basically "yes" to all the improvements and "no" to the leadership. I wish there was a little more detail to the questions. I trust some of the leadership, but not those at the very top...

Also, when they call me for the donation, they will be sad to hear that "$50 is significant to me".

Post your comments too

Didn't copy/paste mine before hitting complete.....but essentially:

I said that they must ignore the same small group of naysayers who complain about any $ amount spent on Athletics and that should anyone a part of this process not see the importance of a successful winning athletics program and the positive impact it has on the university as a whole (PR/Publicity, desirability for incoming freshman, platform to highlight other aspects, etc.) they should no longer receive a paycheck from the University. I stressed the importance of how this must begin NOW and not 2 years from now. I even quoted the "Pride and tradition of the Colorado Buffalo's should not be entrusted to the timid or the weak" as pertaining not only to the athletes but to those with a responsivility to take care of those athletes and this program as a whole.

It was a purely off the cuff no holding back piece of my mind! Now let's get'r done! :thumbsup:

Looks ike a survey designed to be used as ammo to me. Imagine a meeting where MB pulls out the results and says: "74% of the responders said upgrade Folsom". More realistically, he would have the consultant say it, but you have the idea. A battle is going on right now behind the scenes IMO.

I didn't get one, bastards

Oh well - I assume you guys will mostly express my opinion

BTW - I got the e-mail. I responded. My comments were to kill the Denver game. Honestly, there's so much I could say that it is kind of ridiculous. The problem is that if you write a book, it won't be read. Write a sentence, it'll register with somebody.

Got one and it is submitted. About the same as everyone else. Make a committment to winning. Folsom upgrades are necessary but the IPF should be a focal point. blah blah blah.

I wrote that CU needs to provide a website where we can see what the CU AD wants to do with our athletic facilities and asked them how would people be willing to give their money without a plan or vision?

I liked where it was said that Folsom Field should match its first class settings such as Folsom Field. How would you like it if you were in a nice part of town and then you entered a building and it looked like a dump?

Looks ike a survey designed to be used as ammo to me. Imagine a meeting where MB pulls out the results and says: "74% of the responders said upgrade Folsom". More realistically, he would have the consultant say it, but you have the idea. A battle is going on right now behind the scenes IMO.

plus he can say 25% of those are "significant" donors.

plus he can say 25% of those are "significant" donors.

I don't know how this survey can possibly make that determination. They cut off the income level at $100K. That's not setting the bar very high. If they think somebody who makes $100K/Year is capable of making a "significant" contribution to their project, they're fooling themselves.

In.

I stressed that we needed to act NOW, before the novelty of reconnecting with our alumni base out west is lost. People are more willing to donate now since they probably feel more part of the university than they have since they were there. Need to strike while the iron is hot. If we wait 3 years, that momentum will be lost and we'll get significantly fewer donations. Tried to keep it short to assure it was read. BTW, I'm a significant donor now...:thumbsup:

I don't know how this survey can possibly make that determination. They cut off the income level at $100K. That's not setting the bar very high. If they think somebody who makes $100K/Year is capable of making a "significant" contribution to their project, they're fooling themselves.

damn sarcasm font not working:

12. Would you consider making a significant gift or pledge over three to five years toward such an initiative?
- Yes
- No

Got one and it is submitted. About the same as everyone else. Make a committment to winning. Folsom upgrades are necessary but the IPF should be a focal point. blah blah blah.

This was my basic comment. That I assume "upgrade Folsom" includes the IPF because without the assumption they shouldn't waste their time.

Back