What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

So, who got the survey from CUAD MB?

Got mine, filled out and said in the comments that they need to get this done regardless of what DiStef and Benson say becuase they are political hacks that do not have the best interests of the AD in mind.

My comment was about involving young alums who can maybe only donate 50 or 100 bucks a year and showing appreciation for them in order to create a donor culture.

Got it (alum/very small time Buff Club donor) though it was sent to an old e-mail address that I rarely use anymore...not sure where they are compiling these addy's from, cause I have used a different e-mail for all my CU transactions for at least 2 years now...

My comment was about involving young alums who can maybe only donate 50 or 100 bucks a year and showing appreciation for them in order to create a donor culture.

Touche'. Although I bitched very directly to the Alumni Assoc. about that with the whole Austin debacle and it looks like they actually listened given the lower cost options given for Cal in 2010, UW last year, and WSU this year. I feel somewhat vindicated on that front. I now am on a mission to get rid of the political hack and the man whose time has past.

survey says:

1. What relationship do you have with the University of Colorado Boulder?
- Alumnus/a
- Parent/Family
- Friend of the university
- Faculty/Staff/Administration
- University Trustee or Former Trustee

2. Do you believe the public image of CU Athletics is:
- Excellent
- Good
- Average
- Poor

3.Does CU Athletics maintain appropriate and consistent contact with you whether by email, mail, website, telephone, or face to face?
- Yes
- No
4. Which area are you most likely to support?
- Annual Fund
- Athletics
- Buildings
- Scholarships
- Other

5. Do you believe the leadership (staff/board/trustees) of the CU Foundation provides appropriate stewardship and management of CU Athletics’ image and legacy?
- Yes
- No

6. Do you believe this vision for CU Athletics is compelling?
- Yes
- No

7. Do you believe the current leadership (both staff and trustees/board) can successfully achieve this vision?
- Yes
- No

8. Do you believe the renovation of Folsom Field is worthy of significant financial support?
- Yes
- No

9. Do you believe the renovation of the Coors Events Center is worthy of significant financial support?
- Yes
- No

10. Do you believe the Athletics Endowment is worthy of significant financial support?
- Yes
- No

11. Do you agree that the renovation of Folsom Field should be the primary goal for this initiative?
- Yes
- No

12. Would you consider making a significant gift or pledge over three to five years toward such an initiative?
- Yes
- No

13. Would you consider volunteering to assist such an initiative?
- Yes
- No

14. Do you feel this is the right time to embark on such an initiative?
- Yes
- No

15. How would you rank these initiatives to fund the needs of CU Athletics amongst your personal philanthropic priorities?
- Top priority
- Second or third priority
- Low priority
- Not a philanthropic priority

16. Do you believe CU Athletics should proceed with planning for an initiative?
- Yes
- No

17. Do you have any suggestions for CU Athletics to consider while planning for such an initiative?

18. What is your annual income?
- Less than $50K
- $50K to $75K
- $75K to $100K
- Greater than $100K
- I prefer not to respond.

19. While your survey responses will be kept strictly confidential, if you are willing to be contacted regarding further discussion,
volunteer opportunities, or additional communications, please provide your contact information below:

Name:
Company:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City/Town:
State/Province:
ZIP/Postal Code:
Email Address:
Phone Number:

This survey reads like the Administration already know what they are going to do with the football stadium. Like beef up the seating for the big donors, close in the north side to maintain lost seating capacity (or maybe increase it some), and ask for the money to do it from everyone so they can pay for the improvements leveraged from future Pac 12 income.

I bet the AD makes an announcement sooner then later.

This survey reads like the Administration already know what they are going to do with the football stadium. Like beef up the seating for the big donors, close in the north side to maintain lost seating capacity (or maybe increase it some), and ask for the money to do it from everyone so they can pay for the improvements leveraged from future Pac 12 income.

Did you get the survey?

Uhh what? There will be no loss of seating capacity (or "maintaining" of it). In fact, it will be a sizable increase.

Did you get the survey?

No I didn't get the survey either. But I'm in support of upgrades to the stadium.

Uhh what? There will be no loss of seating capacity (or "maintaining" of it). In fact, it will be a sizable increase.

I'm looking for it to be a net increase of 3-4000 with major upgrades to facilities where needed. I don't think increasing seating more is warranted, but they need to plan for future upgrades.

No I didn't get the survey either. But I'm in support of upgrades to the stadium.

I'm looking for it to be a net increase of 3-4000 with major upgrades to facilities where needed. I don't think increasing seating more is warranted, but they need to plan for future upgrades.

I think that when all is said and done that Folsom capacity will end up with around 65k seats from enclosing the North end. Any expansion beyond that would probably be from adding additional Club seating on the West side down the road.

What I wrote:

"Need to hire a world class football coach before investing heavily in facilities. Boulder is easy to recruit to as long as facilities are simply on-par with peer institutions (example: Tad Boyle). We just need to pay for a world class coach (i.e. Pete Carroll). Then and only then would I renovate Folsom.

By the way, please lock Boyle into a lucrative long-term deal. He is the real McCoy."

What I wrote:

"Need to hire a world class football coach before investing heavily in facilities. Boulder is easy to recruit to as long as facilities are simply on-par with peer institutions (example: Tad Boyle). We just need to pay for a world class coach (i.e. Pete Carroll). Then and only then would I renovate Folsom.

By the way, please lock Boyle into a lucrative long-term deal. He is the real McCoy."
OK, I won't overreact to your post. But do you not see the problem with it? You want a "world class football coach" yet use Tad Boyle as your example. Umm, I don't think Tad Boyle was exactly "world class" when he was hired. Pete Carroll was FAR from "world class" when USC hired him. He was a washed up pro coach.

OK, I won't overreact to your post. But do you not see the problem with it? You want a "world class football coach" yet use Tad Boyle as your example. Umm, I don't think Tad Boyle was exactly "world class" when he was hired. Pete Carroll was FAR from "world class" when USC hired him. He was a washed up pro coach.

Yeah. Our competition for hiring Tad was exactly no one.

No, Tad is an example of how easy recruiting to Boulder is when you have average facilities. He's clearly getting it done with the new Facility.

For football, CU only needs average facilities to recruit effectively. So I see no reason to waste money in a fruitless arms race with Oregon until we have the right coach in place. Heck even pathetic Wazzou brought in Mike Leach. And yes, right now Pete Carroll is world class and he will be available in 2014ish.

Last edited:
No, I used Tad as an example of how easy it is to recruit to Boulder when you have average facilities compared to peers. For football, CU only needs average facilities to recruit effectively, so I see no reason to waste money in a fruitless arms race with Oregon until we have the right coach in place. And yes, right now Pete Carroll is world class and he will be available in 2014ish.

It's not an arms race with Oregon, though. We're behind the Iowa States of the world.

Man - imagine how easy we would have it if we could recruit to Boulder and we had nice facilities!

No, Tad is an example of how easy recruiting to Boulder is when you have average facilities. He's clearly getting it done with the new Facility.

For football, CU only needs average facilities to recruit effectively. So I see no reason to waste money in a fruitless arms race with Oregon until we have the right coach in place. Heck even pathetic Wazzou brought in Mike Leach. And yes, right now Pete Carroll is world class and he will be available in 2014ish.
I take it you are no fan of Jon Embree, then?

I take it you are no fan of Jon Embree, then?

Last years results I felt we worse than Hawkins, recruiting has been disappointing, no national buzz, staring down the barrel at another 3 win season. Realistically it'll be hard/impossible for Embree make up that much ground by year 4 when the AD has a ton of money to throw at a new coach, and very little financial buy-out obligation to Embree.

Back to the facilities. If I was AD:

I would allocate only mil here or there towards minor Folsom blemishes in the next 5 years. Save our pennies to hire a big time coach for big time money (Pete Carroll). Get the program back on the national stage. Renovate Folsom with 100mil in 8 years right as the new coach really establishes momentum as a top25 program.

Last edited:
Man - imagine how easy we would have it if we could recruit to Boulder and we had nice facilities!

In a perfect world. But CU will never be a 'have'. Only need to raise the bar to average Pac12 facilities.

Last years results I felt we worse than Hawkins, recruiting has been disappointing, no national buzz, staring down the barrel at another 3 win season. Realistically it'll be hard/impossible for Embree make up that much ground by year 4 when the AD has a ton of money to throw at a new coach, and very little financial buy-out obligation to Embree.

I would allocate only mil here or there towards minor Folsom blemishes in the next 5 years. Save our pennies to hire a big time coach for big time money (Pete Carroll). Get the program back on the national stage. Renovate Folsom with 100mil in 8 years right as the new coach really establishes momentum as a top25 program.

And why would a big time coach come here with our facilities in the shape they are in? Why would a recruit? They can choose Oregon which has amazing facilities and good coaching.

A coach like Carroll, Saban, Miles, Meyer is never going to come to CU, its flat out stupid to think that.

Give me a break. Last year Embree was coaching a Hawkins team. The 2012 recruiting class was very good in my opinion especially in light of where this program has been at in the past few years. Give this staff a chance to build the program.

Give me a break. Last year Embree was coaching a Hawkins team. The 2012 recruiting class was very good in my opinion especially in light of where this program has been at in the past few years. Give this staff a chance to build the program.

Not only the things you mentioned but we also opened the season @ Hawaii (I think that was the worst possible place to open with last year's immature squad. Then we go to tOSU. And we also had no bye weeks. Last year's team really had no hope from the beginning. If Embree doesn't win more than 3 games this year I will be on rosstr's side but to judge Embree on one year and a weird year at that is a little harsh.

A coach like Carroll, Saban, Miles, Meyer is never going to come to CU, its flat out stupid to think that.

Poor CU. A reputation for being a community of rich elitists in Boulder that demand the football program runs on a shoestring budget.

Back