What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Soak it in for like 1 minute...

I've only seen bits and pieces of Browning the past several weeks and he hasn't impessed me as much as some other QB's CU has played this season. What am I missing?
Honestly, I haven't seen much either and what I have seen didn't wow me. I was going off reputation as he was mentioned in Heisman talk earlier in the year. I'm thinking Falk is the best passer we'll face all year.

I've only seen bits and pieces of Browning the past several weeks and he hasn't impessed me as much as some other QB's CU has played this season. What am I missing?
He looked like a world beater until they played SC, with 34 TDs to 3 INTs, but has kind of been exposed a little since. Watching the SC game, it really looked like he has a very mediocre arm.

Browning is very good. Not necessarily the best in the Pac-12 like earlier in the season, but I think pretty easily in the top quarter of the conference.

Browning is very good. Not necessarily the best in the Pac-12 like earlier in the season, but I think pretty easily in the top quarter of the conference.

Top quarter is only three. I don't know who the top three are, but are these the candidates?

Browning
Liufau
Falk
Darnold
Webb

Rosen would probably have taken a spot if he wasn't injured.

What is the criteria for choosing or ranking? Stats? W/L record? Subjective criteria such as "if you need a qb to win one game..."?

I haven't seen enough if Browning or Webb to have a subjective platform to rank them myself.

He has a 180 passer rating and 9.5 yards per attempt for the season. 37 tds against 7 ints.

Big thing though, his offensive line tends to give him great protection. His worst performance was against USC, which just so happens to have the best DL in the conference, IMO.

Browning was incredible early. Even when teams got pressure on him, he'd make a great play. Last couple games I saw... not so much.

He's really good though.

The only game I saw of his was against USC and he did not impress. He was very rattled by the physicality and lack of time he had. Falk was impressive despite us keeping him below he season averages. but we didn't get pressure the 1st half on falk at all, seemed better in the 2nd. If we can't pressure browning, he might have a day like falk did yesterday. He narrowly missed some long touchdowns.

It was Falk's second worst passer rating and yards per attempt (worst in both cases was UCLA), and his worst completion % of the season.
What about yards? I know they only had like 460 total yards, and they had to have had over 100 rushing yards, so imagine, Falk's passing yardage was one of the lowest of his season

Wow, great day today. Warm Colorado sun, big grin after a big win. Took my two oldest to the game and they saw their first top 10 Buff team win another dream game.

Post #26 by 702Coug, is also eerily prescient but for the wrong reason:

Cougs have proven they know how to win. No reason to believe they can't continue the streak. Offense will dominate, defense will step up and score off takeaways. Cougs walk away with a solid win. Cougs 38-24.
If this guy had simply substituted the word "Buffs" everywhere that he says "Cougs" he'd be Nostra-f****ing-damus.

It is good. Gentlemen some of us 35 year-oldss have aged well past that waiting for the Buffs to play in this light again, with every possibility still on the table. My daughter was four for 62-36. Now she's 19 (no picts, you pervs).

An old coach once said, in regards to wins and losses, and watching plays on game film that "it is never as good as you think and it's never as bad as you think." He was wrong. This is as good ad we think, because it was worse that we thought.

There is so much here of resiliancy and a belief against all doubters (including me) that makes this group of Buff players and coaches so remarkable.

So soak it in. Those that can, remember the last time, or the time before that or even the time before that that a Colorado team had this much to play for this late in a season. For those that are experiencing this for the first time, like me in 1989, hold on to it and enjoy it.

This is such a great post. I know you played on the team where I was just a spectator in the stands but this has a very similar feeling to those mid to late 80's teams. My first year at CU was in 85 and that was a huge turnaround season. Not as big as this one, but special non the less. This run is special and one that all Buff fans need to hold onto. It is so nice to be a fan of a college team that is winning again.

I perused a few other threads. One comment by a BleedCrimsonGray was amusing:

"Yea, El Paso bound again, because it looks just like last year and they'll have the same reason to pass us over again.

**** I hate being a Coug sometimes."
Probably because he personally witnessed how awesome we are as a fanbase. That's my guess, anyway.

I have to ask what this statistic even means? I don't get it...

It's the likelihood that the average Top 25 ranked team would have been able to achieve the same record against the same schedule. So, pretty much certain that no one else would be undefeated if they'd played Alabama's schedule this year. CU's record against CU's schedule was the 5th hardest to achieve among FBS teams.

It's the likelihood that the average Top 25 ranked team would have been able to achieve the same record against the same schedule. So, pretty much certain that no one else would be undefeated if they'd played Alabama's schedule this year. CU's record against CU's schedule was the 5th hardest to achieve among FBS teams.

Ah! That makes sense, thanks nik! So we truly are playing well.

You know we've made it when we make ESPN's "Drawing Conclusions" page.

Pretty sure it's the first time ever ... at least in a positive way. We may have been ridiculed a couple of years ago as one of the "Bottom Ten." ... but I'm not sure of that.

i

Back