What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Spencer Dinwiddie Injury

It'd better not be Stalzer taking the bulk at the point. He didn't make great decisions and lost the handle on the ball too often today.

Could that be resolved with more actual game action? There is a difference between practice action and live game action, how much more could he improve through the season?

Don't think he would, as long as he could sign an NBA contract. But trying to regain his first round status if he falls out of it.

NBA rosters are limited granted they could draft him and keep in the d-league, but what is the possibility of him regaining any draft stock?

Edit: I guess its still premature to speak of any injury/ future prospects. Lets all hope for the best!

Last edited:
At the least he'll be out a bunch of games even if it's not an ACL. This is where we need the kids to grow up fast. One thing that was evident, Ski can't feel like he has to carry the team. When he does, he gets out of control.

and you have to expect it will negatively impact our 20154-2105 recruiting class.
How? If anything it gives Coach Tad a better chance to showcase how he can build/recruit a complete team. Tad has gone on the record saying character is part of what he recruits in a player, a kid who loses interest in a team for a player who gets injured that he would never play with anyway probably isn't being recruit by Tad in the first place.

How? If anything it gives Coach Tad a better chance to showcase how he can build/recruit a complete team. Tad has gone on the record saying character is part of what he recruits in a player, a kid who loses interest in a team for a player who gets injured that he would never play with anyway probably isn't being recruit by Tad in the first place.

I agree with your sentiment. How would this affect future prospects if the general feel was that this is his last year here?

Hypothetically our best season in decades and we lose our best player. Woooo rainbows and gumdrop smiles for all
Not saying we should be happy, I just don't think our season is "over." This sucks, but the team will just have step up in any absence he has. I don't see the alternative.

The season isn't literally over, but any chance of a Sweet 16 run is gone. So sick for Spencer.

Many pages in this book that are yet to be turned. CU is not a one player team. It is a team built on defense, that is a team thing. It will be tough going on without our big toe, but Tad recruited well... we'll find another big toe.

Many pages in this book that are yet to be turned. CU is not a one player team. It is a team built on defense, that is a team thing. It will be tough going on without our big toe, but Tad recruited well... we'll find another big toe.

We're getting to see a preview of the 2014-15 team the rest of the way (minus Dom & Miller).

I was at the game today, sitting 2 rows behind the CU bench (friend in the UW athletic dept.) Just some reaction of what I saw. I looked at Tads face when Spencer looked over to him and was crying, and Tad looked like a ghost. I felt a chill in my body, and honestly almost cried myself. The entire bench was just stunned. The gym was very quiet. I think everyone could feel it was bad right away. I feel so bad for him, I hope it doesn't cost him millions.

i can confirm what the radio said: Spencer gave a very passionate speech to the team when UW started raining threes at the beginning of the second half, and he said "I'm done for the year." He got in everybody's face and challenged them to step the **** up, it was very cool to see. Wish it had worked.

He walked back to the tunnel, putting a little weight on his knee, he had no wrap or brace on it at all. Makes me hope it's a sprain. I had one on HS and swore I tore something but I didn't. Pops don't always mean a tear. Let's hope so.

I was at the game today, sitting 2 rows behind the CU bench (friend in the UW athletic dept.) Just some reaction of what I saw. I looked at Tads face when Spencer looked over to him and was crying, and Tad looked like a ghost. I felt a chill in my body, and honestly almost cried myself. The entire bench was just stunned. The gym was very quiet. I think everyone could feel it was bad right away. I feel so bad for him, I hope it doesn't cost him millions.

i can confirm what the radio said: Spencer gave a very passionate speech to the team when UW started raining threes at the beginning of the second half, and he said "I'm done for the year." He got in everybody's face and challenged them to step the **** up, it was very cool to see. Wish it had worked.

He walked back to the tunnel, putting a little weight on his knee, he had no wrap or brace on it at all. Makes me hope it's a sprain. I had one on HS and swore I tore something but I didn't. Pops don't always mean a tear. Let's hope so.

Thanks for the post, Rep. I did see several people on twitter say he had a brace and a big wrap on his knee when he left the stadium, still hoping for the best.

Back