What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Spring Practice/Game

The defense is going to be something else this season.
The lack of urgency from the portal this offseason is mind numbing. I do think Dorrell has done a good job with his staff this offseason, but this team (especially on the defensive back 7) needs an influx of immediate talent. Offense will take a step forward but the defense might be 2021 offense bad

The lack of urgency from the portal this offseason is mind numbing. I do think Dorrell has done a good job with his staff this offseason, but this team (especially on the defensive back 7) needs an influx of immediate talent. Offense will take a step forward but the defense might be 2021 offense bad
Kopp, Sneed, Brown, Jefferson are the transfer additions so far, right? Obviously all on offense. I think they really like their young CBs with Moore and Reed, and then Bethel, Stryker, Wiggins and Oliver to round out the 2 deep, and then a 2 deep at Safety of Lewis, Woods, Taylor, and Pittman.

I'm sure they will add a number of guys on defense after Spring Ball, though.

Best we’ve looked? That’s some really impressive horse-s**t to be shoveling after THIS offseason. Guess all those starters we lost were barely holding on to their jobs over ALL the young talent behind them.
Considering they haven’t practiced yet, I think he’s referring to how they look physically, not how they look on the field as a team.

Kopp, Sneed, Brown, Jefferson are the transfer additions so far, right? Obviously all on offense. I think they really like their young CBs with Moore and Reed, and then Bethel, Stryker, Wiggins and Oliver to round out the 2 deep, and then a 2 deep at Safety of Lewis, Woods, Taylor, and Pittman.

I'm sure they will add a number of guys on defense after Spring Ball, though.
Sneed, Brown, and Jefferson are all quality P5 players. Sneed is probably the best WR CU has had since Viska. I like all three and can give credit to Dorrell there.

The defensive backfield is scary. I don't know how anyone can feel comfortable there (I mean we have kickers being moved to CB to provide depth). We could be fine with the starters but do we really feel comfortable with this depth at all?

Ultimately, I think they still need a CB, S, ILB, and probably a G/T, at minimum. All of those players need to be in the 2 deep immediately as well.

Considering they haven’t practiced yet, I think he’s referring to how they look physically, not how they look on the field as a team.
Yep, here's the actual quote: "We feel like these last couple of months have been really, really productive months for our team. We had some really good development, both from a player perspective and from a physical development perspective from the strength training guidelines. I feel like our team is in much better shape; probably the best we've looked since I've been back here at Colorado."

Probable starters heading into Spring ball. This is just a pencil probable depth chart.

QB- Lewis
TE- Russell
RT- Filip or the Tank
RG- Roddick
C- Johnson or Lee or Fenske or Wells
LG- Wiley
LT- Brown
RB- Fotennot(sp)
WR- Sneed
WR- Arias
WR- LMC
FB- Stacks

DE- Grant or Kerry
DT- Sami
DT- Rodman or Martin
DE- Lang
ILB- Hurtado or Hamm
ILB- Barnes or Smith
S- Woods or Mack or Xavier Smith
S- Lewis or Dixson or Salavea
DB- Reed
DB- Moore
NB- Bethel Jr or Taylor

Yep, here's the actual quote: "We feel like these last couple of months have been really, really productive months for our team. We had some really good development, both from a player perspective and from a physical development perspective from the strength training guidelines. I feel like our team is in much better shape; probably the best we've looked since I've been back here at Colorado."
The Rock Reaction GIF by WWE

D will be historically bad. I called it last year, you could see the rot starting. I'll check back in mid October and see what y'all think.
Our DL should be decent. Our back 7 is not so good. So, any team with a halfway decent OL will be able to neutralize our D.

Is there anyone that cares enough to peek through the fence or look off a balcony and see what we got?

Is there anyone that cares enough to peek through the fence or look off a balcony and see what we got?
I was thinking about this. Need to look at a potential condo for my son for next year in that area and might be tempted (insert glutton for punishment joke here).

I agree.

Oddly, I’ve been quite happy with the Pac-12 network games over the past few years, because I get my Saturdays free. I can get a nice long run or ride in during the day, knowing our games won’t be scheduled during prime time. Then I can just watch it live with Mark and Coach on audio instead of the Pac12 commentators, or record and zip through the bad parts (get done with a game in an hour or so).

It’s actually been surprisingly nice to not worry about our games enough to have them affect my weekends any more.
This is the type of mentality the AD is banking on. I'm not knocking what you're doing but they are definitely riding this wave.

Fun stat. We were 127th last year in sacks per passing attempt, and we lost the majority of our returning sacks.
Pass rush has been a significant weakness since Jimmie Gilbert left. Wells was OK and Guy Thomas has some potential, but they just can't seemingly find anyone with a pulse who can rush the passer.

Fun stat. We were 127th last year in sacks per passing attempt, and we lost the majority of our returning sacks.

I knew it was bad, but did not realize it was that bad. It seemed like too many times we had guys in the backfield and yet rarely got hits on QBs, let alone sacks.

Back