What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Student tickets for KU game

Did any of us understand that?

I didn't but that's why they need a 35 year old telling them now. They are acting like petulant children and should know that this is a ridiculous thing to complain about.

The kid sitting next to me at the game would not stop complaining about how stupid it was that he had to sit through a woman's basketball game. I was about ready to punch him in the face by half time. The kicker was that at one point he told his buddy that he wanted to go home so that he could...play playstation. :bang: Apparently having to sitting through a basketball game was taking up precious time he could be spending on his couch, baked out of his mind, playing video games.

FWIW, myself and a large number of other students enjoyed the game, cheered on the ladies to a good win and followed instructions at the end of the game in order to get our tickets. To the rest of you, you can all go f*** yourselfs. You a**holes made myself and the rest of the student body look really bad last night. I will be at the game tonight, and to those who say they are boycotting, good riddance. We don't need you or your s****y attitudes at anymore games.

CUnit giving out some more shirts tonight. But you have to go to the game. That's not fair to the students that have an exam tonight and need a new shirt...

Any time you coerce people they're going to be pissed off. I feel pretty badly for the students that had work or midterms last night and won't be able to go to the game.

Last year before the Arizona game, you could pick up a ticket stub any time a week before the game at the ticket office. It was efficient and the students who REALLY cared showed up early in the week. It was a great student section. Why we abandoned that setup is mind boggling.

Any time you coerce people they're going to be pissed off. I feel pretty badly for the students that had work or midterms last night and won't be able to go to the game.

Last year before the Arizona game, you could pick up a ticket stub any time a week before the game at the ticket office. It was efficient and the students who REALLY cared showed up early in the week. It was a great student section. Why we abandoned that setup is mind boggling.
Simply because the AD is trying to increase interest in a very good WBB team. Why students get butt hurt over this is completely mind boggling.

Pathetic showing last night CU students, at least those that acted like this.

Simply because the AD is trying to increase interest in a very good WBB team. Why students get butt hurt over this is completely mind boggling.

Yea, the reaction is pretty immature, but I think it's condescending to the women to try and force interest.

What's wrong with picking the tickets up on a first come first serve basis at the ticket office? Trying to force mass distribution all at once is a bad enough idea in itself.

No it's not, they wanted more students at the women's game. You might disagree with them doing this, but it's not mind boggling.

Yea, the reaction is pretty immature, but I think it's condescending to the women to try and force interest.

What's wrong with picking the tickets up on a first come first serve basis at the ticket office? Trying to force mass distribution all at once is a bad enough idea in itself.
Would it be condescending if they had chosen volleyball instead to those players?

Horse****, if you take that view, you might as well say that it is insulting to the women that no students show up to watch a team that is higher ranked than the men's. All they are trying to do is get students to support "their" team.

Would it be condescending if they had chosen volleyball instead to those players?

Look, like it or not WBB and volleyball aren't going to draw crowds of students, and making them go to games to get tickets for MBB games in an attempt to manufacture interest that just isn't there IS condescending. Yes, the student reaction was horrible and immature, but I don't see how anyone is surprised by it.

Last edited:
Look, like it or not WBB and volleyball aren't going to draw crowds of students, and making them go to games to get tickets for MBB games is an attempt to manufacture interest that just isn't there IS condescending. Yes, the student reaction was horrible and immature, but I don't see how anyone is surprised by it.

What?

I could foresee complaining and a few ****wads showing immature behavior, but it sounds like it was an outright hissy fit by a large number of the student basketball fan population.

Look, like it or not WBB and volleyball aren't going to draw crowds of students, and making them go to games to get tickets for MBB games in an attempt to manufacture interest that just isn't there IS condescending. Yes, the student reaction was horrible and immature, but I don't see how anyone is surprised by it.
I'm with you. Rep.

Fine, the students who didn't wish to attend the ladies game had the option to remain in the lottery. Quit ****ing whining.

So sorry the students were inconvienced. How horrible.

So sorry the students were inconvienced. How horrible.

It's not about inconvenience. At a time when we're struggling with student support in general, I'm perturbed that CU is making it difficult to attend what is likely our biggest basketball game ever. What about the students who bought season tickets and couldn't make the ONE opportunity they had last night to avoid the lottery? Be as sarcastic as you want, it's bad management and bad marketing and that's the truth.

I haven't heard one good argument against picking up receipts at the ticket office on a first come first serve basis.

It's not about inconvenience. At a time when we're struggling with student support in general, I'm perturbed that CU is making it difficult to attend what is likely our biggest basketball game ever. What about the students who bought season tickets and couldn't make the ONE opportunity they had last night to avoid the lottery? Be as sarcastic as you want, it's bad management and bad marketing and that's the truth.

I haven't heard one good argument against picking up receipts at the ticket office on a first come first serve basis.

If you go to the games and know when the lottery is those people will get a ticket.

Because "Shoulder to Shoulder"

You are also going to cheer on golf and you will like it. The coercion will continue until the moral improves.

BTW, coercion doesn't mean what it used to.
emetanuz.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

CU should adopt very tight behavior standards for all sorts of stuff: You "F" up? You're expelled---not suspended---EXPELLED! Simple, clean, easy! Can you get back in? Sure, apply, post a bond, go through a process, pledge to clean bathrooms/graffitti/pick up trash for a semester, you're re-admitted on strict probation.

Should be for under-age drunks, Lefties who disrupt conservative speakers/anything, crude behavior in the dorms, a**hole students who think they're entitled to anything and "act out" like this.

Let 'em go home and explain to Daddy why they just pissed away $25K or more, in tuition money.

A few expulsions later, I think behavior might improve significantly. And then they could start to serve beer at Folsom and CEC again.

I don't want to dismiss this good idea. How about we apply to Allbuffs. Violate the TOS. Banned for life.

I'm sure Rick George and co, talked about this long and hard. I think this started somewhat when Rovell and ESPN used the word "forced." Do they ever say Duke "forces" it's students to camp out?

Because the vast majority of students shouldn't have conflicts at this point. I already said because they are trying to drum up support for less popular programs. You can disagree with it, but it doesn't make it not valid. You think it was a bad idea. If you rewarded first come, first serve, you are probably rewarding many of the people who haven't attended a single game this year and don't want to make any sacrifices unless people do indeed camp out which I don't think we're there yet.

:lol: AWWWWWWWWWWWW.... Those poor students, nobody cares about them and their feelings.

Its one game. GMAFB

I think the idea was that by doing it this way the woman would get more home support for a game that is going to go a long way to deciding their NCAA tournament fate (getting in and seed) while also helping to ensure that the more serious basketball fan students were in the Keg for the Kansas game.

What has been learned is that the students cannot be asked to go beyond what they consider the easiest and most desirable course of action for them, because they feel that they are bigger than any sports program, come first, and need to have their asses kissed. The AD and players should be on their knees giving thanks any time a student chooses attendance at a CU sporting event over his Xbox. The point has been made. Now we know. I expect that future policies and promotions will take this reality of the CU student population into consideration.

I think the idea was that by doing it this way the woman would get more home support for a game that is going to go a long way to deciding their NCAA tournament fate (getting in and seed) while also helping to ensure that the more serious basketball fan students were in the Keg for the Kansas game.

What has been learned is that the students cannot be asked to go beyond what they consider the easiest and most desirable course of action for them, because they feel that they are bigger than any sports program, come first, and need to have their asses kissed. The AD and players should be on their knees giving thanks any time a student chooses attendance at a CU sporting event over his Xbox. The point has been made. Now we know. I expect that future policies and promotions will take this reality of the CU student population into consideration.

In business transactions it's the job of the seller to accommodate the customer, not the other way around. College athletics is a business, you don't piss off your customers.

If a restaurant makes it a pain in the a** for its customers to make reservations they stop going and that business fails. It's the same concept with CU athletics. Sorry, CU isn't Duke or Gonzaga or Kansas, students aren't going to camp out for tickets. Instead of complaining about it, let's recognize it and maximize our ability to get people in the door as easily as possible. That's what good businesses do.

This. We can argue about whether this was a good or bad idea until we are blue in the face. But, I really hope that we can all agree that the blame for this event falls squarely on the shoulders of the students. As a student, I am incredibly embarrassed of what took place.

Back