What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Student tickets for KU game

There are just too many games too close together and too many strange start times. I think we might see bad attendance until we hit conference play (Kansas excluded). Maybe Elon and Georgia will be well attended because it is on a Friday/Saturday night (although student attendance may be terrible).

11/10/2013: UT-Martin (8,408) - Sunday 4pm
11/13/2013: Wyoming (9,429) - Wednesday 7pm
11/16/2013: Jackson State (9,042) - Saturday 10am
11/18/2013: Arkansas State (8,204) - Monday 7pm
11/21/2013: UCSB - Thursday 7pm
11/24/2013: Harvard - Sunday 2:30pm

last year...

11/09/2012: Wofford (10,611) - Friday
11/25/2012: Air Force (10,607) - Sunday
11/27/2012: Texas Southern (8,325) - Tuesday
12/05/2012: Colorado State (11,708) - Wednesday
12/21/2012: Northern Arizona (10,034) - Friday
12/29/2012: Hartford (10,228) - Saturday

There are just too many games too close together and too many strange start times. I think we might see bad attendance until we hit conference play (Kansas excluded). Maybe Elon and Georgia will be well attended because it is on a Friday/Saturday night (although student attendance may be terrible).

last year...

I agree with Tante. That's a lot of home games in a condensed amount of time.

last year...

The days of the week are certainly a factor, but explain why Air Force was so well attended on a Sunday since I've been hearing how bad Sundays are on this board. Did the Broncos not play that day or at home?

Glad we can complain about attendance not being good enough when there's over 8k at each game, Bzdelik's "opener" was the best attended CU opener in like 30 years and there were like 6k that night.

The days of the week are certainly a factor, but explain why Air Force was so well attended on a Sunday since I've been hearing how bad Sundays are on this board. Did the Broncos not play that day or at home?

don't have a great explanation on that one, other than it was two weeks since the last game and we just won the Charleston Classic.

CU bball is no longer up and coming.
Yes that's definitely a part here IMO, they need to reach the "next level" (top 25 team, maybe better). Last year it was the "cool" thing to do -- go to CU basketball games. It still is, but the demand isn't quite there and with largely a weak home schedule so far, not as much incentive. The Wofford game was more appealing in addition to the day of the week because they were raising a banner.

don't have a great explanation on that one, other than it was two weeks since the last game and we just won the Charleston Classic.
I think the two weeks between games had more to do with it. The better a team gets, the more OOC home games you have. I think the condensed part definitely has something to do with it. When they're playing Wyoming or CSU, those are teams we're familiar with, but Jackson State or Arkansas State just doesn't have the same appeal.

I also know from personal experience how busy this week of classes is. Projects, Papers, and Exams. Because these teams are not marquee games, students probably are finding it easier to blow them off in order to keep up with their academic commitments. It also it hurting us that the broncos are doing so damn good. This state has been and always will be broncos first. Our attendance #'s will explode once the season is over. In the winter, CU basketball has become THE big event.

I also know from personal experience how busy this week of classes is. Projects, Papers, and Exams. Because these teams are not marquee games, students probably are finding it easier to blow them off in order to keep up with their academic commitments. It also it hurting us that the broncos are doing so damn good. This state has been and always will be broncos first. Our attendance #'s will explode once the season is over. In the winter, CU basketball has become THE big event.
Exactly, everyone has their priorities. I just don't want to hear the "academic" reasons since students were showing up in much better numbers last year. All you have to say is CU basketball isn't as big of a priority. It doesn't make you a bad person. I have plenty of casual interests. There's very few people who care more about CU basketball than anything else, more than a few years ago, but it will rank at best #3 for most Colorado sports fans behind the Broncos and CU football.

The Broncos really however, should only have an impact when they are direct competition, it's not necessarily an either or thing. A Wednesday night CU game shouldn't be impacted by the Broncos whatsoever. They play once a week. This isn't training camp, no one is going their practices.

I really don't remember a particular week of school being busier than other, outside of finals. Here is how we did in in college and we liked it.

first 3 weeks of semester = get drunk every night, do minimal work, go to any class that starts after 10AM to try to find the hot girls. Stop going if girls are ugly.

last two weeks before family weekend = cut back and get drunk only 4 nights a week. Make up missed assignments before your parents show up.

6 week grind before Thanksgiving = increase drinking back to 6 nights a week. Take one night off to detox. Do minimal work and attend minimal classes. Maximize parties before it gets cold.

Thanksgiving break = go home, get fat and bored. Wish you were back at school getting drunk. Tell mom you are 19, don't need to be reminded to brush your teeth, forget to brush teeth. Party with old high school buddies.

3 weeks before finals = take parting to next level. Promised yourself you would buckle down and study, but you swear you can hook up with that cute girl in your dorm if you feed her enough booze.

finals week= what the ****. **** **** ****. Sleep is for the weak.

Christmas vacation= sleep a lot. Remind your parents that school is a lot tougher now than when they went. Ask them if they partied with jesus. Party with high school friend, get bored, head back to school early.

sc.JPG

would like to thank sports center for giving some people an appropriate platform to voice their opinions...

[tweet]402869848121675776[/tweet]

Honestly Lappe really shouldn't need to say anything. Students have to give up just 2 hours tomorrow evening, anywhere else they would be camping a week in advance outside the arena and probably freezing. Makes much more sense to me.

So, you're Alex?

Trebek: Mr. Connery, your response is 'Craven Morehead'. -frustrated- Mr. Connery, WHO is Craven Morehead??
Connery: Looks like you are, lad!

Connery: Ha ha, Trebek, the day is mine!

Connery: Mmm, yes, well...I don't know the question, Alex. But the answer is...Your mother's a whore!

Honestly Lappe really shouldn't need to say anything. Students have to give up just 2 hours tomorrow evening, anywhere else they would be camping a week in advance outside the arena and probably freezing. Makes much more sense to me.

I agree. Totally reasonable way to do it, it just seems like they should have given students more notice so they could plan around the timing.

I literally cracked up when I saw Alex's response. But oh well. I would much rather watch a women's game than have to camp out for a ticket. Also, since this has gotten some very negative feedback I wonder what they will do for the Arizona game.

I literally cracked up when I saw Alex's response. But oh well. I would much rather watch a women's game than have to camp out for a ticket. Also, since this has gotten some very negative feedback I wonder what they will do for the Arizona game.

I hope they make them camp outside in ****ing February. Let them complain about academics then when they can't leave their tent while it is snowing and below 20 for a week straight.

You students will probably all have big exams that day :thumbsup:. Please don't cost us ****ing gameday for Arizona.

Anyone who is acting like this is some sort of hardship needs to go to a "real basketball program" where they have to do far more than go to the women's game for a few hours. Here's a bonus, they are a good team. Just maybe if you give it a chance, you'll like it.

I'd be surprised if 2.5k students actually show up for the women's game. We have a hard time getting that for a big mens game and not everyone knows the significance of the KU game or is willing to go to a WBB game just to ensure they get tix

I'd be surprised if 2.5k students actually show up for the women's game. We have a hard time getting that for a big mens game and not everyone knows the significance of the KU game or is willing to go to a WBB game just to ensure they get tix

I was wondering this morning what they'll do if less students show up for the women's game than there are tickets available for the KU game. Will they sell the rest to the public or come up with a way for more students to claim the remaining seats?

They already said they are holding atleast 500 tickets back. I don't think this kind of thing can hurt. Worst case scenario not too many fans show up against Iowa. Then they'll have to take their chances to get KU tix.

I was wondering this morning what they'll do if less students show up for the women's game than there are tickets available for the KU game. Will they sell the rest to the public or come up with a way for more students to claim the remaining seats?
  1. There will also be an on-line claim process for a limited number of student tickets who are unable to attend this event (minimum of 500, final number dependent on the number of students who attend this event). The on-line process will start on Dec. 2 for those who have a CU Sports Pass.
http://www.cubuffs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=600&ATCLID=209314803

Sounds like a lottery, just if you go to the Iowa game you are guaranteed tickets. If I were a student I'd go to the Iowa game, it's two hours of your life. No one says you even have to watch the game, but it's a good opportunity to see another product.

Apparently, they sent an email last week.

Yup, heard this from a few people. Meanwhile, I'm seeing people whine like they're being waterboarded. This is embarrassing. I love what CU is doing. It's brilliant. And people are too busy whining about how they have to go spend 2 hours watching a Top 25 team play a damn good opponent. Good God.

I don't have too much of a problem going to a women's game to get a ticket. I just don't think the students realize they actually have to sacrifice something to get a ticket in high demand.

Yup, heard this from a few people. Meanwhile, I'm seeing people whine like they're being waterboarded. This is embarrassing. I love what CU is doing. It's brilliant. And people are too busy whining about how they have to go spend 2 hours watching a Top 25 team play a damn good opponent. Good God.

Yeah it's inexcusable to put the demand for the ticket to good use by supporting our top 20 WBB team. It'd be far better having students missing class (that they're clearly so serious about this year judging by the excuses used) in order to camp out for a week in 15 degree weather.

Back