What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Tad has to go

If not Tad, the assistants have got to go.

This team has no idea what to do on offense OR defense.

The next round of recruits are, shall we say, underwhelming.

Right the ship or get off of it, but this team is going in the wrong direction

Seeing @Goose post in here highlights how Allbuffs evolves. Three years ago, dude allegedly got upset over some "fire Boyle" comments on Twitter before coming to Allbuffs and using his authority as a mod by threatening to ban anyone who posted similar thoughts here.

Now he just contributes posts to the "Tad has to go" thread.

Seeing @Goose post in here highlights how Allbuffs evolves. Three years ago, dude allegedly got upset over some "fire Boyle" comments on Twitter before coming to Allbuffs and using his authority as a mod by threatening to ban anyone who posted similar thoughts here.

Now he just contributes posts to the "Tad has to go" thread.

I never threatened to ban anyone - mainly because I’m too stupid to figure out how. And I don’t know where this narrative exists in your head but keep bringing it up every year and maybe it’ll eventually be true.

I’m a Tad Stan. You’re not going to see me call for his head unless some serious **** comes down. Honestly, I find this thread laughable. Comments like “RG needs to have a talk with Tad” are hilarious. Someone going to tell RG that we have a basketball program first? Maybe when the program has a facility that costs more than what we’re paying football coaches to NOT coach for us, I’ll start to get pissed that Tad hasn’t delivered us a S16.

I never threatened to ban anyone - mainly because I’m too stupid to figure out how. And I don’t know where this narrative exists in your head but keep bringing it up every year and maybe it’ll eventually be true.

I’m a Tad Stan. You’re not going to see me call for his head unless some serious **** comes down. Honestly, I find this thread laughable. Comments like “RG needs to have a talk with Tad” are hilarious. Someone going to tell RG that we have a basketball program first? Maybe when the program has a facility that costs more than what we’re paying football coaches to NOT coach for us, I’ll start to get pissed that Tad hasn’t delivered us a S16.
I must be misremembering -- my mistake (insert obligatory "Allbuffs search doesn't work" comment). pretty sure I've never raised this "narrative" before and I was just giving you ****

Watching the goalposts move from the Tad defenders is interesting.

My thoughts, I really like Tad and believe he has done a pretty good job overall. But there are schools who have half the bball budget and much less conference prestige who are consistently making tournament runs. If this is Tad's ceiling, and I believe it is, then it's time to thank him for all he did and look to take the next step. Otherwise, what are we doing?

My thoughts, I really like Tad and believe he has done a pretty good job overall. But there are schools who have half the bball budget and much less conference prestige who are consistently making tournament runs. If this is Tad's ceiling, and I believe it is, then it's time to thank him for all he did and look to take the next step. Otherwise, what are we doing?

What schools are you referring to?

For some data points. Colorado basketball makes $8.374M and spends $6.1.64M. That expense number would place it dead last in the ACC, second to last in the Big 12(ish), second to last in the Big 10, last in the SEC, and is 9th in the PAC 12. So basketball is consistently outperforming expense rankings.

For some data points. Colorado basketball makes $8.374M and spends $6.1.64M. That expense number would place it dead last in the ACC, second to last in the Big 12(ish), second to last in the Big 10, last in the SEC, and is 9th in the PAC 12. So basketball is consistently outperforming expense rankings.
And fans are supposed to be happy with that? It sounds like some might be.

If the university is content being an also ran every year, fine. But don't expect fans to lineup for tickets and pack the keg.

You in for some hurt.
giphy.gif

Gary, the above statement puts you right in D&D territory. I mean, Gonzaga!? Do you know if Gonzaga have the same, or double, the basketball budget that CU does?

Gary, the above statement puts you right in D&D territory. I mean, Gonzaga!? Do you know if Gonzaga have the same, or double, the basketball budget that CU does?
Ok, what about the rest?

My point is people are trying to put a lot of lipstick on the pig that is CU basketball. The product is stale and the season is very predictable. To top that off, we don't even have entertaining OOC games on the schedule anymore. Something needs to change. I don't see that something being a big budget for the current staff, due to lack of fan support and interest, rightfully so. As much as I like Tad I believe a fresh start might serve both parties well at this point.

Butler, St. Mary's, Gonzaga, Drake, UC Davis, San Diego, UNC Wilmington, Nevada, Dayton, Wichita State, SMU, Xavier, Maryland, Creighton....

Gonzaga: $8,874,752.00 - 1st in West Coast conference
Xavier: $7,835,880.00 - 6th in Big East
Creighton: $7,665,992.00 - 7th in Big East
Maryland: $7,442,558.00 - 12th in Big 10
SMU: $7,269,481.00 - 3rd in American
Wichita State: $6,380,482.00 - 5th in American
Colorado: $6,163,776.00 - 9th in Pac 12
Dayton: $5,637,549.00 - 2nd in A10
Butler: $5,489,704.00 - last in Big East
St Marys: $3,467,559.00 - 7th in West Coast Conference
Nevada: $3,396,777.00 - 6th in Mountain West
Drake: $2,933,596.00 - 2nd in Missouri Valley
UNC Wilmington: $2,981,003.00 - 1st in CAA
San Diego: $2,613,793.00 - last in west coast
UC Davis: $2,211,257.00 - 5th in Big West

Also did you mean San Diego State? Because San Diego hasn't made the dance since 2008.

Last edited:
Ok, what about the rest?

My point is people are trying to put a lot of lipstick on the pig that is CU basketball. The product is stale and the season is very predictable. To top that off, we don't even have entertaining OOC games on the schedule anymore. Something needs to change. I don't see that something being a big budget for the current staff, due to lack of fan support and interest, rightfully so. As much as I like Tad I believe a fresh start might serve both parties well at this point.
That wasn't your point. You said something stupid, and got burned. I think you are a year early as far as it being time for Tad to go if things don't change. But with his extension and firing mac, he's here for at least 3 more years.

Gonzaga: $8,874,752.00
Xavier: $7,835,880.00
Creighton: $7,665,992.00
Maryland: $7,442,558.00
SMU: $7,269,481.00
Wichita State: $6,380,482.00
Colorado: $6,163,776.00
Dayton: $5,637,549.00
Butler: $5,489,704.00
St Marys: $3,467,559.00
Nevada: $3,396,777.00
Drake: $2,933,596.00
UNC Wilmington: $2,981,003.00
San Diego: $2,613,793.00
UC Davis: $2,211,257.00
Thanks for doing the research on that one. So, really only Gonzaga from the list has a budget that I would consider to be well above CU's. So why haven't we sniffed a tournament bid in years? Again, I am not on the train that Tad is some awful coach who doesn't know anything, I just look at it from the perspective that maybe he has reached his ceiling here.

Thanks for doing the research on that one. So, really only Gonzaga from the list has a budget that I would consider to be well above CU's. So why haven't we sniffed a tournament bid in years? Again, I am not on the train that Tad is some awful coach who doesn't know anything, I just look at it from the perspective that maybe he has reached his ceiling here.
Look at those recruiting areas. I bet you could add up every team (except for Gonzaga's) miles traveled to recruit and CU would probably come close to that #.

Butler, St. Mary's, Gonzaga, Drake, UC Davis, San Diego, UNC Wilmington, Nevada, Dayton, Wichita State, SMU, Xavier, Maryland, Creighton....

You know you just admitted for all to see that you don't actually have a clue as to what you're talking about, right?

1.) Gonzaga, Xavier, Wichita State, SMU, Maryland and Creighton DO NOT have half the CU budget for hoops.
2.) St. Mary's has been to four NCAAT since Boyle joined CU. He's been to four. St. mary's has made 1 S16 in that span. So...nice one, again.
3.) Dayton, UC Davis, Drake, UNC Wilmington, and San Diego have a COMBINED nine NCAAT appearances since Boyle landed in Boulder...five from Dayton and then two from UNC Wilmington. Want to guess how many wins? Seven, six from Dayton and the other was a First Four win. So...nice one, again.

**Edited

That wasn't your point. You said something stupid, and got burned. I think you are a year early as far as it being time for Tad to go if things don't change. But with his extension and firing mac, he's here for at least 3 more years.
This is the problem with talking sports with you, you are under the impression that someone has to win, or "get burned". I'm simply posting my thoughts on the team and Tante's figures back up what I was saying.

This is the problem with talking sports with you, you are under the impression that someone has to win, or "get burned". I'm simply posting my thoughts on the team and Tante's figures back up what I was saying.
No, they don't. I'm not saying someone has to win. I'm saying someone has to be able to back up what they say with actual facts instead of spouting bull****. You spouted bull****.

I went back and added their rank in conference. It is easier to make the dance when you have the top budget in your conference. Also some of your examples changed conferences, so their ranking is probably not representative of their past success.

You know you just admitted for all to see that you don't actually have a clue as to what you're talking about, right?

1.) Gonzaga, Xavier, Wichita State, SMU, Maryland and Creighton DO NOT have half the CU budget for hoops.
2.) St. Mary's has been to four NCAAT since Boyle joined CU. He's been to five. St. mary's has made 1 S16 in that span. So...nice one, again.
3.) Dayton, UC Davis, Drake, UNC Wilmington, and San Diego have a COMBINED nine NCAAT appearances since Boyle landed in Boulder...five from Dayton and then two from UNC Wilmington. Want to guess how many wins? Seven, six from Dayton and the other was a First Four win. So...nice one, again.
To your second point, Tad has made the tournament 3 times, no? With one win?

Back