What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Tad has to go

I thought that was a different year and a different set of teammates but nothing surprises me anymore.

How awesome was that FS1 coverage. What’s going to be interesting is barring a collapse. Tad is the Pac12 COY. I’m a huge Tad Fan

but Candidly, this is one of his weaker performances based on roster Talent to outcome.

My hypothesis is that he is singularly focused on changing the perception of how NCAA b-ball is won (or at least you can win) that he is riding the players harder than ever. To the point that they’ve had big collapses.
Not only is his dislike for Miller and Enfield palpable. (Justified ). But also, the way he goes out of his way to glowingly complement competing coaches he respects.

the latest example of the collapse was mid second half at Oregon, Eli was involved in breaking the press he crossed mid court, but missed an open cutter that would have been an easy bucket. Tad absolutely undressed him. After that tirade, Eli nor any role player aggressively helped on the break. To the point Evan and Kin were essentially by themselves on the break and the game was essentially over right then.

I think this should absolutely be a S16 team! We’ve been building towards this for three years. With some breaks we could make a deeper run. But these guys NEED to play Loose and with confidence.

I contend that every break down of every loss has been after an uncharacteristically bombastic Tad breaking his players.
(exception UA who just kicked our Ass)

to conclude TAD is the single biggest risk this year to not attaining the sweet 16, if he doesn’t keep the right demeanor. The best news was in that FS1 coverage at OSU , he did a great job teaching and keeping them all positive and focused.

And if this is close to accurate he is coach for life in my mind.

How awesome was that FS1 coverage. What’s going to be interesting is barring a collapse. Tad is the Pac12 COY. I’m a huge Tad Fan

but Candidly, this is one of his weaker performances based on roster Talent to outcome.

My hypothesis is that he is singularly focused on changing the perception of how NCAA b-ball is won (or at least you can win) that he is riding the players harder than ever. To the point that they’ve had big collapses.
Not only is his dislike for Miller and Enfield palpable. (Justified ). But also, the way he goes out of his way to glowingly complement competing coaches he respects.

the latest example of the collapse was mid second half at Oregon, Eli was involved in breaking the press he crossed mid court, but missed an open cutter that would have been an easy bucket. Tad absolutely undressed him. After that tirade, Eli nor any role player aggressively helped on the break. To the point Evan and Kin were essentially by themselves on the break and the game was essentially over right then.

I think this should absolutely be a S16 team! We’ve been building towards this for three years. With some breaks we could make a deeper run. But these guys NEED to play Loose and with confidence.

I contend that every break down of every loss has been after an uncharacteristically bombastic Tad breaking his players.
(exception UA who just kicked our Ass)

to conclude TAD is the single biggest risk this year to not attaining the sweet 16, if he doesn’t keep the right demeanor. The best news was in that FS1 coverage at OSU , he did a great job teaching and keeping them all positive and focused.

And if this is close to accurate he is coach for life in my mind.
Tad's always done that John Wooden thing of not calling quick timeouts and letting his players develop by figuring it out. For better and worse. We experience some hellaciously bad runs that cost us games. We also end up with high basketball IQ and mentally tough teams that are always ready to perform at the Pac-12 tournament. It didn't surprised me to see him letting vets take leadership roles in the huddle.

I'm just going to leave this here: https://www.espn.com/mens-college-b...628/top-coach-year-candidate-every-conference

Lots of work left to do, the next two home games are absolutely crucial and neither one is a gimme.

I had to laugh at the part about Cronin and UCLA though. "The Bruins have gone 7-2 in their last 9 games (wins over Colorado, Arizona and Washington during that stretch)."

Washington has won two conference games and lost 8 in a row. But definitely point out that impressive Washington win. How the hell is one of those wins a 32 point win over USC. What the hell happened in that game?

UCLA is the exact type of team make up that will give us fits, I do not like the look of that game one bit.

UCLA is the exact type of team make up that will give us fits, I do not like the look of that game one bit.
I am not even remotely worried about the UCLA game, because this team already lost to them at UCLA. I think this team is tough minded enough that they will be more than ready for UCLA and if CU plays at the level they are capable of, they should win.

USC is actually the game I worry about because CU has taken care of USC three times in a row now. If CU has a let down then USC is capable winning.

From now going forward every game is going to feel incredibly important....gotta love it!

Their defense is schizophrenic, especially on the road. Let's hope we get the UCLA that traveled to ASU instead of the one that traveled to UA.

Tad's always done that John Wooden thing of not calling quick timeouts and letting his players develop by figuring it out. For better and worse. We experience some hellaciously bad runs that cost us games. We also end up with high basketball IQ and mentally tough teams that are always ready to perform at the Pac-12 tournament. It didn't surprised me to see him letting vets take leadership roles in the huddle.

I would expect our kids to come out ready on Wednesday night-nothing can bring a team out of a funk like losing a game on one of the worst pieces of officiating I personally have ever seen. Gach flopped (which by the letter of the rule is a technical foul because its influencing the official) and moreover-you don't call anything in a game like that unless you absolutely have to.

I would expect our kids to come out ready on Wednesday night-nothing can bring a team out of a funk like losing a game on one of the worst pieces of officiating I personally have ever seen. Gach flopped (which by the letter of the rule is a technical foul because its influencing the official) and moreover-you don't call anything in a game like that unless you absolutely have to.
I watched so many games over the weekend where they let teams play. Late whistles because they waited to se if shots went n on mild contact in the paint. And they didn't call touch fouls on th outsides.

Well, that's absolutely what they should do. Hell, use it. Don't leave it up to them. Kinda piggy backing off what Nik said above, officials just need to be consistent. If they are allowing being physical, fine. If they aren't, fine. It sucks playing not knowing how you can play, your adjustments mean nothing if it's back and forth.

Last edited:
I watched so many games over the weekend where they let teams play. Late whistles because they waited to se if shots went n on mild contact in the paint. And they didn't call touch fouls on th outsides.

I disagree the with idea that Gach flopped. Kin jumped into him and landed between his legs. All of this happened directly in front of the ref who made the call. Did it affect the shot? Probably not, but you still have to give space to let the guy land. Kin needs to get a hand up, but not jump in that situation. Just let a low percentage three point shooter shoot.

Waiting to see if the shot goes in to call a foul is one of the most frustrating parts of basketball. No where in the rules does it say this is only a foul if the shot is missed. Call the foul or don't, but don't base the decision on if the shot goes in.

This is something I’ve bitched about for years. The way the P12 refs is hurting their teams in March. You can’t play an entire season with soft fouls being called and then go into a tourney where they don’t call anything and expect them to do well.

I disagree the with idea that Gach flopped. Kin jumped into him and landed between his legs. All of this happened directly in front of the ref who made the call. Did it affect the shot? Probably not, but you still have to give space to let the guy land. Kin needs to get a hand up, but not jump in that situation. Just let a low percentage three point shooter shoot.

Waiting to see if the shot goes in to call a foul is one of the most frustrating parts of basketball. No where in the rules does it say this is only a foul if the shot is missed. Call the foul or don't, but don't base the decision on if the shot goes in.
If it didn't effect the shot, don't call the foul. That's what both of us are getting at. Allow physical b-ball, maintain game flow, and don't be bailing guys out with touch foul "technically a foul" weak ass calls to decide games.

Back