What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The 2021-2022 Coaching Carousel

I don’t think it’s their job to speculate on the consequences a coaching change could have or draw inferences. Same could be said if there’s an injury.

But then the problem is that there is no guideline for who should be picked so everyone has his own criteria and mine is who is most deserving based on what they’ve shown in their games so far this season.

Seems like the coach himself did not deem them top four before bailing. Pretty easy decision for the committee.
Won't surprise me if multiple of Georgia, Houston, Iowa and Baylor win this week. Unless the committee gives the nod to a 2-loss team, ND would be in.

That would be an interesting scenario to see what the committee would do. They would have to choose 3 from this group:

- 1-loss Cincy who beat ND
- 1-loss ND with zero top 25 wins, no conf championship and no coach
- 2-loss Baylor Big XII champ
- 2-loss Iowa B1G champ
- Potential 2-loss Oregon Pac12 champ
- Potential 2-loss Pitt ACC Champ
- 2-loss tOSU who didn't play in CCG
- 2-loss Michigan who beat tOSU soundly
- 2-loss Bama who lost to #1 team in CCG

That would be an interesting scenario to see what the committee would do. They would have to choose 3 from this group:

- 1-loss Cincy who beat ND
- 1-loss ND with zero top 25 wins, no conf championship and no coach
- 2-loss Baylor Big XII champ
- 2-loss Iowa B1G champ
- Potential 2-loss Oregon Pac12 champ
- Potential 2-loss Pitt ACC Champ
- 2-loss tOSU who didn't play in CCG
- 2-loss Michigan who beat tOSU soundly
- 2-loss Bama who lost to #1 team in CCG

You know damn well that Alabama is chosen given this scenario.

And I still don't think it should be their job to speculate on how the loss of a player or coach could affect their competitiveness in the short term. The decisions should be made based on what the teams have shown on the field so far this season.
Don’t worry. That’s not how it works. They pick the four teams they think are the best and then use whatever reasoning they can to justify their decision. It has nothing to do with kelly leaving, they just don’t think notre fame is that good.

Rooting for:
Cinncy over Houston (even though my daughter was just accepted to UH this morning…as a deeeeep safety)
Ok St over Baylor
Bama over UGA
M over Iowa

so that the final four are:
Mich
Bama
UGA
Ok St

And the playoffs are exposed for the fraud that it is.

Don’t worry. That’s not how it works. They pick the four teams they think are the best and then use whatever reasoning they can to justify their decision. It has nothing to do with kelly leaving, they just don’t think notre fame is that good.

And I assume they pick those four teams at some point in October.

Rooting for:
Cinncy over Houston (even though my daughter was just accepted to UH this morning…as a deeeeep safety)
Ok St over Baylor
Bama over UGA
M over Iowa

so that the final four are:
Mich
Bama
UGA
Ok St

And the playoffs are exposed for the fraud that it is.
You think Okie jumps Cincy if both of them win?

It will never happen, but I would like to see preseason rankings go away. Outside of a couple of the perennial elite teams, they aren't very accurate and it just creates a self fulfilling prophecy for keeping good teams good and bad teams bad. I'd like to see rankings come out after about week six, but understand that would get rid of the network and media hype with early season matchups.

Is Venables their best option at this point?

OU fans are trying very hard to convince themselves that he is and that he would be the best option at any point. Given the coaching carousel this past week, Venebles seems like a major "settle for" at best.

Back