What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The eyes of Texas are a P.I.T.A

Exactly. How can some people not see the financial ramifications of bringing on 4 more teams, especially if 2 of them are UT and OU?

There is zero chance the Pac 12 will hold its ground and refuse to expand if the SEC and B1G decide to do so.

I don't know about that. Consider this scenario: the XII crumbles, the Pac is too slow to act, B1G grabs Oklahoma and Kansas, ACC takes Texas -- at that point, would the Pac expand or sit tight?

Exactly. How can some people not see the financial ramifications of bringing on 4 more teams, especially if 2 of them are UT and OU?

There is zero chance the Pac 12 will hold its ground and refuse to expand if the SEC and B1G decide to do so.

What the Pac won't do is expand just to expand. If we wanted to be the Pac-16 with SDSU, BSU, UNM & UNLV that could happen yesterday. But the MWC schools don't increase the pie enough to justify cutting it into more pieces.

I don't know about that. Consider this scenario: the XII crumbles, the Pac is too slow to act, B1G grabs Oklahoma and Kansas, ACC takes Texas -- at that point, would the Pac expand or sit tight?

What the Pac won't do is expand just to expand. If we wanted to be the Pac-16 with SDSU, BSU, UNM & UNLV that could happen yesterday. But the MWC schools don't increase the pie enough to justify cutting it into more pieces.

The way I look at it is that there are 10 teams in the Big 12 that inevitably need a home once an expansion happens. Everything depends on UT and OU, but with Baylor, TCU, TTU, KU, KSU, OSU, ISU and West Virginia, I'm confident the Pac 12 will not be relegated to settling for SDSU, BSU, UNM, and UNLV.

I just can't see the SEC and ACC picking up 2 more teams each, the B1G adding 4 more, and the Pac 12 holding pat with 12.

I love the idea of the 4 pod system in a Pac 16. Even better, I believe S2S mentioned it earlier (sorry if it was someone else), but having that be the model for the other 3 conferences as well, and having the winners of each Pod from each conference seeded 1-16 in a 16 team playoff would make for great post season football.

Ya that was me.

Did an exercise to see what the pods would look like. Trying to keep geography tight to maximize profits by keeping travel costs down and keep traditional regional rivalries in tact. Bolded are added or switched teams. This is assuming the Big 12 dies and that the Big10 makes a few concessions to keep up with everyone else.

SECBIG 16PAC 16ACC 16
BaylorNubsCUUNC
TCUKUUUNC St.
TAMUKSUASUWake
ArkyISUUADuke
MizzouPSUOUFSU
VandyOSUOSUGT
TennMichUWClemson
KentuckyMich StWSUMiami
Ole MissMinnesotaUSCVT
Miss StWiskyUCLAUVa
LSUIowaStanLouisville
FloridaNWCalWVU
BamaNDTUMaryland
AuburnIlliniTTURutgers
UGAPurdueOUSyracuse
USCIndianaOSUUConn

Some of those pods don't feature much balance, but some are very intriguing. Would be a lot of entertainment and drama during the run up to the playoffs.

Count me as a fan of your general idea, S2S. I had forgotten about ND. Also, what about BYU?

BYU would be an obvious candidate for a Pac 12 invite and they bring a pretty large following, correct?

Count me as a fan of your general idea, S2S. I had forgotten about ND. Also, what about BYU?

BYU would be an obvious candidate for a Pac 12 invite and they bring a pretty large following, correct?

In theory yes, however their religious basis may discourage some of the california schools. I think BYU could be one of the big boys to suffer from not keeping up with the times and making concessions to fit in with the new alignment.

However if we could OU to drop OSU or get the Texas legislature to stay out things so TTU could get left out then maybe there is an opening for them.

Ya that was me.

Did an exercise to see what the pods would look like. Trying to keep geography tight to maximize profits by keeping travel costs down and keep traditional regional rivalries in tact. Bolded are added or switched teams. This is assuming the Big 12 dies and that the Big10 makes a few concessions to keep up with everyone else.

Some of those pods don't feature much balance, but some are very intriguing. Would be a lot of entertainment and drama during the run up to the playoffs.

If ND joins up with any conference it will be the ACC.

Shldr2Shldr:

Oregon = UO
Oklahoma = OU
Texas = UT

It's only the old Big8 schools that reverse the order of the initials, no one else does.

Sorry, but my head was exploding reading your pods. "I know he doesn't want Oklahoma and Okie lite playing the Washington schools, so what does UW stand for?" was literally my first thought. I'm slow, so figuring out you meant Oregon took a bit.

Then I was just offended that you would bestow the dignity and honor of being a Big 8 school on the whorns.

Shldr2Shldr:

Oregon = UO
Oklahoma = OU
Texas = UT

It's only the old Big8 schools that reverse the order of the initials, no one else does.

Sorry, but my head was exploding reading your pods. "I know he doesn't want Oklahoma and Okie lite playing the Washington schools, so what does UW stand for?" was literally my first thought. I'm slow, so figuring out you meant Oregon took a bit.

Then I was just offended that you would bestow the dignity and honor of being a Big 8 school on the whorns.

It actually really bothers them to be referred to as TU. According to my A&M friend lol.

Ya that was me.

SECBIG 16PAC 16ACC 16
BaylorNubsCUUNC
TCUKUUUNC St.
TAMUKSUASUWake
ArkyISUUADuke
MizzouPSUOUFSU
VandyOSUOSUGT
TennMichUWClemson
KentuckyMich StWSUMiami
Ole MissMinnesotaUSCVT
Miss StWiskyUCLAUVa
LSUIowaStanLouisville
FloridaNWCalWVU
BamaNDTUMaryland
AuburnIlliniTTURutgers
UGAPurdueOUSyracuse
USCIndianaOSUUConn

First, given the disparity of population density in the US, I don't see the logic of conferences based on geography all with the same magnitude of members.

Second, this will never happen, but the idea of VT, WVU and Louisville in the same pod as UVA is downright fucjking hilarious. I can't conceive of a situation in which the university founded by T. Jeff would allow themselves to be relegated with such scum. but I should let [MENTION=2584]CVilleBuff[/MENTION] weigh in.

beyond that, ND won't go B1G -- they could've done that anytime over the last 20 years.

I don't see the motivation for the Pac to take TTU or OSU once you get past the equal magnitude issue.

ACC wants nothing to do with Rutgers -- all the old Big East schools recall playing in an empty stadium in crappy NJ weather. UConn delivers more NY-area college athletic fans.

hard to imagine Maryland coming back home in the next generation or so. the ACC has lost a significant foothold in the DC market though (UVA and VT help, but don't lock down the WMA). WVU could shore that up (I'd be on-board with the Mountaineers coming the the ACC), but I genuinely don't see UVA, UNC, Duke, etc... going for that which is why Navy keeps getting metnioned.

The expansion story that never gets traction is the idea of conferences shedding dead weight -- members who are not likely to become contributors in the near future. I could put forth an argument that Wake Forest needs to go (although their 2006 ACC football championship serves as a powerful counter-argument) -- not like the ACC is going to lose the Carolina market over that. Vandy isn't doing much for the SEC outside of pulling up their academics. To Sacky's point, the Pac probably has the least dead weight of any of the current P5.

I'm convinced that the natural end state for all of this expansion is a single large National Conference, with 15, 8 team conferences that all play each other, each season. Of those 15 divisions, 6, or so, would be considered elite.

Ya that was me.

SECBIG 16PAC 16ACC 16
BaylorNubsCUUNC
TCUKUUUNC St.
TAMUKSUASUWake
ArkyISUUADuke
MizzouPSUOUFSU
VandyOSUOSUGT
TennMichUWClemson
KentuckyMich StWSUMiami
Ole MissMinnesotaUSCVT
Miss StWiskyUCLAUVa
LSUIowaStanLouisville
FloridaNWCalWVU
BamaNDTUMaryland
AuburnIlliniTTURutgers
UGAPurdueOUSyracuse
USCIndianaOSUUConn

This can't be right. I don't see CSU anywhere in there. /sarcasm

Actually, it makes some sense if college football heads toward a 64 team upper division. I generally hope it doesn't.

This can't be right. I don't see CSU anywhere in there. /sarcasm

Actually, it makes some sense if college football heads toward a 64 team upper division. I generally hope it doesn't.

I don't want it to either, because I enjoy the upsets and the drama when teams from the lower conferences knock off the big boys. I just don't see it not happening with the way the P5 are moving.

It actually really bothers them to be referred to as TU. According to my A&M friend lol.
it bothers them more to be called, "tu". That or the Ags have been brushing up on their Spanish.

And Nebraska is not joining a league with Texas. They left for the same reason we did and they hate Texas almost as much as we do.

Really out of the box, craving money, somewhat ignoring geography, mostly caring about athletics idea: the PAC adds UTerus, Oklahoma, Notre Dame and Northwestern. We would be rolling in the dough, with enough egos (Uterus, ND, USC) to keep the whorns at bay.

:dead-horse-fast2::doh::puke::bang:

Yet another expansion thread regurgitating the same discussions as before. Yay!

I hate the off season. Same bulli***** gets brought up every year.

Yep.

Isn't it amazing how many people have amnesia when it comes to the Big XII experiment that went so terribly wrong?

Don't people realize that pods keeping the 4 CA schools together or the original 8 West Coast teams together will not be good for CU and its substantial west coast based alumni base, with whom will go dormant the second CU matched with the conference killing UT/OU pimps and their dingleberry flyover state bitches?

I'm with you, Sackman. When it comes to expansion just for the sake of Texas money, it's just not worth it. Think of being Donald Trump's third wife and having to deal with the rich guy's old balls and bad hair piece.

Anyone who wants 2 time conference killer UT in the Pac for financial reasons is a whore.

Don't people realize that pods keeping the 4 CA schools together or the original 8 West Coast teams together will not be good for CU and its substantial west coast based alumni base, with whom will go dormant the second CU matched with the conference killing UT/OU pimps and their dingleberry flyover state bitches?

Pod system would allow 1 game in California every year.

Yep.

Isn't it amazing how many people have amnesia when it comes to the Big XII experiment that went so terribly wrong?

I'm with you, Sackman. When it comes to expansion just for the sake of Texas money, it's just not worth it. Think of being Donald Trump's third wife and having to deal with the rich guy's old balls and bad hair piece.

Anyone who wants UT in the conference for financial reasons is a whore.

Sez the guy who lives in that ****-hole, just for the Texas money.

But credibility gap aside, I tend to agree.

Sez the guy who lives in that ****-hole, just for the Texas money.

But credibility gap aside, I tend to agree.

Credibility gap? More like first hand knowledge and a heavy dose of remorse.

Credibility gap? More like first hand knowledge and a heavy dose of remorse.

To me, Texas is the inspirational example of grassroots, community-based. social progression. It's amazing how far they've come without any meddling help from anybody!

Pod system would allow 1 game in California every year.

Not when Texa$ and U$C get in the sack and start pulling off their "more equal than others" BS.

When it's all about the Benjamin's, those prized Saturday 1PM time slots won't fall in CU's lap so often.

Back