What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

This start and the Denver sports media

While I can see the point about the national college media just doing college football stories, the fact it there are hundreds of college football teams for them to cover. The Denver sports media has what, 10 teams TOTAL to cover?

It doesn’t surprise me, but it is annoying. Baseball season is over (locally, anyway), and hockey and basketball is just getting started on their regular seasons, so the storylines there are not yet compelling. We have a Heisman Candidate on an undefeated team in a major conference and we barely register a blip on the radar.

Whatever. Like I said, I’m not surprised. Disappointed is probably more accurate.
It's a problem for more than CU, though. How much talk have we heard about the Nuggs and Avs? These are exciting young teams. I've heard much less buzz during their preseason and season openings than I heard about the Broncos during frikin OTAs.

"IF" the Buffs win at U$C on Saturday and "IF" the Huskies can beat the Ducks, the game at Seattle the next Saturday would be a strong contender for GameDay, yes?

They already announced that the CU/UW game will be televised on FOX, so I would imagine ESPN/ABC will do as little as possible to promote it.

It's a problem for more than CU, though. How much talk have we heard about the Nuggs and Avs? These are exciting young teams. I've heard much less buzz during their preseason and season openings than I heard about the Broncos during frikin OTAs.
I absolutely agree. At what point are they no longer responding to the market and are instead driving the market itself? Put another way, if people don’t hear about the Avs, Nuggets, Buffs, then how are they supposed to get excited about them, and thus drive ratings?

I absolutely agree. At what point are they no longer responding to the market and are instead driving the market itself? Put another way, if people don’t hear about the Avs, Nuggets, Buffs, then how are they supposed to get excited about them, and thus drive ratings?
Yep. They go for the low hanging fruit. By doing so, they have over-saturated the market while limiting its growth. Short-term strategies being employed, which I kind of understand since we're talking about a struggling industry with many of its assets now owned by hedge funds.

Not sure this is the right thread, but Vic Lombardi was diagnosed with an aggressive form of prostate cancer this month

Not sure this is the right thread, but Vic Lombardi was diagnosed with an aggressive form of prostate cancer this month
This sucks so much. Karma to Vic and his family.

Cool Story Bra: I met Vic when he was a reporter in Phoenix. I was down there for the first game of the Dbags inaugural season and was wandering around outside the stadium. Vic saw my Rockies jacket and hollered at me and asked for an interview. We chatted briefly afterward. Seemed like a really nice guy. I've always enjoyed watching him after his return to Denver. Hope he's able to beat this bitch.

Thoughts and prayers to Vic. I haven't had any personal interactions with him, but as far as local Denver sports reporters go, he has always been one of my favorites. Seems like a good guy.

Damn. I hope he is alright. He seems like a good guy and is among the most likable in the Denver sports world.

Most of you are p*ssies so your safe to wait until age 50. Seriously don't just use psa numbers, If your doctor won't digitize you get a new doctor.
One of the most aggressive forms of prostate cancer isn't detectable from blood work. Prayer to Vic!

I met Vic when I arranged his financing for a vehicle purchase several years back. I didn’t really care for his on air personae. However, after meeting him, he made me a fan. He’s a good dude and genuine as they come. I hope he pulls through.

Maybe Al wanted to talk more Buffs football, but 104.3 has a rule that Broncos talk must consume 80% of air time. Agree that he would be a great ambassador for program in some capacity.

Back