What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

TN VOLS fans coming to UCLA/Colorado game

That gets Vols fans hard? The SEC is as full of dullards as I assumed.

That's nearly as dumb as that rock touching thing Clemson does.

Lol I do have to agree, there’s nothing special about a marching band entrance. But I’m sure if I was a Tennessee fan I’d think different.

Lol I do have to agree, there’s nothing special about a marching band entrance. But I’m sure if I was a Tennessee fan I’d think different.
I do love a good Sousa march, but all I could think about watching that video was "TAAAYYYAYYYY IN THE WINNNNN!"

Please research adjusting to the altitude, especially if you plan on hiking. Had a buddy once come out from Maryland and didn’t think about the effects that the altitude would have on him, so made the mistake of hitting the trails hard the first day. Big mistake on my part.

Last edited:
I'm sure the Buffalo is cool, and I look forward to seeing it. But it will be hard to top Running through the T with Rocky Top blasting as best entrance in college football!
Running through the T is good. I also liked it when UT band played opposing team fight song. Folks in Knoxville were good to us. Two buddies and I do the same thing. 41 stadiums. Great experiences. You will have fun in CO.

Try to sneak into the student section and get down low for the running of the Buffalo while the students go crazy. Wear something CU related. Or maybe Tenn stuff would be good. Might get free drink from people thanking you all for taking Coach cliche off our hands.

Stay at one one the many hotels/motels/airbnbs within EZ walking/Uber distance from the stadium. Chautauqua (within actual walking distance of Folsom Field) will satisfy all of your local hiking needs, from mild gramma walks, up to to boulder scrambling to the point of the third Flatiron where you can't get any higher without technical climbing equipment.

As for the game, just get in there with the cheapest ticket and move about the stadium anywhere at will. West side is the most fun because Balch Fieldhouse sells beer. During Ralphie's Run, make your way down to the aisle in front of the first row in the northwest corner, where the run ends and they cage the animal. You will like it.

As for the game, just get in there with the cheapest ticket and move about the stadium anywhere at will. West side is the most fun because Balch Fieldhouse sells beer. During Ralphie's Run, make your way down to the aisle in front of the first row in the northwest corner, where the run ends and they cage the animal. You will like it.
It’s a Friday night, nationally televised game in which CU has a decent chance of being 3-0 going into. Probably won’t be able to just move about the stadium at will.

It’s a Friday night, nationally televised game in which CU has a decent chance of being 3-0 going into. Probably won’t be able to just move about the stadium at will.

Seating might be difficult, but if you keep moving you can go anywhere in Folsom. I like the visitors (west) side because the front row is literally 11 yards from inbounds, and if you wanted you could slap the helmets of the players on the visiting team's bench by barely reaching (but do not even think of doing that). I guess my point is that Folsom is a pretty great and intimate college football stadium.

As I'm sure you are aware, there will be a live buffalo that leads the team out of the lockerroom at the beginning of each half. If you do nothing else, make sure you are in the stadium early so you can experience the best entrance in college football.
The buffalo’s name is Ralphie V, a female, and is introduced by Eric Cartman cuz we have Uber cool alums in Trey and Matt.

The Dark Horse is pretty iconic Boulder bar and Pearl Street is cool.

East side, second deck. Magic.

Oh yeah, The tradition of UT is just great. Everyone steals Home Depot uniforms to wear at games, houses all over the state are painted with orange T's all over them thus upping the value, and a hillbilly song talking about doing your sister is celebrated. It's Nebraska on steroids. The sleeping fat dog mascot is priceless too.

Please research adjusting to the altitude, especially if you plan on hiking. Had a buddy once come out from Maryland and didn’t think about the effects that the altitude would have on him, so made the mistake of hitting the trails hard the first day. Big mistake on my part.
Coupled with presumably heavy drinking. Could be an ass kicker.

Last edited:
I'm assuming this trip is taking place sometime in September?? If able, you should also try to catch a game at Coors Field. That place is pretty sick, especially late afternoon.

I'm assuming this trip is taking place sometime in September?? If able, you should also try to catch a game at Coors Field. That place is pretty sick, especially late afternoon.

Was going to say that too but I wasn’t sure of the date. But if they keep winning, tickets won’t be readily available in September, that’s how colorado fans work.

Was going to say that too but I wasn’t sure of the date. But if they keep winning, tickets won’t be readily available in September, that’s how colorado fans work.
You guys are killing me. You don’t even have to leave this site to confirm the date of the UCLA game.
https://www.allbuffs.com/threads/2018-colorado-football-schedule-future-schedules.103555/

And yes, the Rockies are home against the Nationals that Saturday.

giphy.gif

I will say you picked a great game. We always play UCLA close and there’s no lost love between the players. At night and nationally televised...should be awesome!! Go Buffs! Beat the trash eaters! And as mentioned...the best live mascot in all of sports.

Back