What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

TN VOLS fans coming to UCLA/Colorado game

Oh yeah, The tradition of UT is just great. Everyone steals Home Depot uniforms to wear at games, houses all over the state are painted with orange T's all over them thus upping the value, and a hillbilly song talking about doing your sister is celebrated. It's Nebraska on steroids. The sleeping fat dog mascot is priceless too.

Have Vol fans written a book on a coach before his first game?

Where can I find a fall camp schedule?
giphy.gif

Lots of teams can claim great entrances but trust me on this one, nothing matches Ralphie running.

You will also find the entrance at the AFA to be impressed. Be there early enough to see the cadet wing march in in formation and the fly overs.

Not as emotional as the Buffalo running but much better than a team running through a bunch of smoke and ribbons and signs like a bunch of others.

I have a couple of buffalos that live down the road from me. I have yet to see them run. They mainly eat and lay around.

That loses a few style points for being from 2014. But wins them back in spades as Ole Miss scored (again) on the next play. Plus Food Cart.

I get the impression that the guy is in a condition where he has no clue what just happened or what will happen. Been consuming more than a little of that bottled stuff Tennessee is famous for making.

With that said, yep Chautauqua park is amazing for hiking, all over Boulder really. I don’t know why nobody else mentioned the breweries. Upslope, boulder beer, twisted pine, FATE, Sanitas. Down in Denver you have Denver beer Co., epic, wynkoop, great divide, renegade, station 26, crooked stave, basically a million of them and they’re all fantastic. In boulder we love the sink and I personally love Cheba hut for subs and brews. Have fun!

I will refer back to this post as we get in to town!

Question for the Tennessee guys:

Is UT gonna get back to being a national program with its scheduling? Wasn't too long ago you guys used to schedule all over the country for home/away series. Seems like you retreated into regional crap like most of the SEC and it seems to coincide with you guys dropping from the elites.

P.S. I'd love to get a UT/CU series in the future. The series we played with UGA was great.

Try to sneak into the student section and get down low for the running of the Buffalo while the students go crazy. Wear something CU related. Or maybe Tenn stuff would be good. Might get free drink from people thanking you all for taking Coach cliche off our hands.
Ha like the students actually know anything about that situation. If you said life championship you’d get a bunch of stoned clueless looks

Question for the Tennessee guys:

Is UT gonna get back to being a national program with its scheduling? Wasn't too long ago you guys used to schedule all over the country for home/away series. Seems like you retreated into regional crap like most of the SEC and it seems to coincide with you guys dropping from the elites.

P.S. I'd love to get a UT/CU series in the future. The series we played with UGA was great.

Personally, I think TV money has ruined many of those series! In the past 20 years (off the top of my head), UT has played Home & Home series with UCLA, Miami, Cal, ND, Oklahoma, Oregon.

Now those are being replaced by the neutral site games at the beginning of the year. The past couple of years we played NC State in Atlanta, Georgia Tech in Atlanta, Wyoming in Nashville and this year we play West Virginia in Charlotte...oh, and Virginia Tech at Bristol Motor Speedway (WHICH WAS AWESOME).

I would much rather play at someones home field than neutral site!

They do have some world class tailgating in Knoxville, and they fill the **** out of that big-ass stadium. They do lack a mascot which will inevitably kill someone in a pre-game ritual.

We have too many mascots. Smokey is our mascot. Need to find the video of him snapping at a Georgia player who got too close. We also have Davey Crockett. And we have the Tennessee Walking Horse who comes out for homecoming.

Lol I do have to agree, there’s nothing special about a marching band entrance. But I’m sure if I was a Tennessee fan I’d think different.

I miss the band being more involved. Over the years, they play less and they pipe in rap music more. The team running through the T brings tears to my eyes every time.!

Try to sneak into the student section and get down low for the running of the Buffalo while the students go crazy. Wear something CU related. Or maybe Tenn stuff would be good. Might get free drink from people thanking you all for taking Coach cliche off our hands.

We always wear UT stuff when traveling. It helps get the conversation going. Plus you guys will spot us and offer us a beer. It works great!

As for the game, just get in there with the cheapest ticket and move about the stadium anywhere at will. West side is the most fun because Balch Fieldhouse sells beer. During Ralphie's Run, make your way down to the aisle in front of the first row in the northwest corner, where the run ends and they cage the animal. You will like it.

This is great feedback. I sat close to BEVO at the Texas game a few years ago. Big horns, but boring.

Oh yeah, The tradition of UT is just great. Everyone steals Home Depot uniforms to wear at games, houses all over the state are painted with orange T's all over them thus upping the value, and a hillbilly song talking about doing your sister is celebrated. It's Nebraska on steroids. The sleeping fat dog mascot is priceless too.

You had it all correct until you called Smokey Fat. You are thinking of UGA. Plus you probably have the fattest mascot out there, so don't be jealous.

Personally, I think TV money has ruined many of those series! In the past 20 years (off the top of my head), UT has played Home & Home series with UCLA, Miami, Cal, ND, Oklahoma, Oregon.

Now those are being replaced by the neutral site games at the beginning of the year. The past couple of years we played NC State in Atlanta, Georgia Tech in Atlanta, Wyoming in Nashville and this year we play West Virginia in Charlotte...oh, and Virginia Tech at Bristol Motor Speedway (WHICH WAS AWESOME).

I would much rather play at someones home field than neutral site!
I'm with you. With CU, we used to be a program that played anyone anywhere. It built a certain mentality. It also made for a great non-conference slate for season ticket holders. Value isn't so great for a season ticket package with you realize that 2 or 3 of the 6 or 7 games you're getting are against FCS or G5 teams. And who wants to travel to see a game in a G5 stadium?

We've had Colorado State on the schedule every year as a neutral game in Denver. With 9 conference games, that only leaves 2 spots for other games. And in those years we got 5 road Pac-12 games plus that neutral, CU has almost been forced to schedule FCS to get 6 games at Folsom Field.

Fortunately, we're moving away from that neutral with CSU (ends in 2020) so we're looking at a future with 9 conference games plus:
2021 - Texas A&M and Minnesota in non-conference
2022 - TCU and Minnesota
2023 - TCU and Nebraska
2024 - Nebraska and North Dakota State (ND St is like a FBS, but we still have an opening for another P5)
2025 - Georgia Tech and an opening
2026 - Georgia Tech and Northwestern
2027 - Northwestern and Kansas State
2028 - Kansas State and an opening

How about we get something scheduled between CU and UT in 2024 and 2025?

I'm with you. With CU, we used to be a program that played anyone anywhere. It built a certain mentality. It also made for a great non-conference slate for season ticket holders. Value isn't so great for a season ticket package with you realize that 2 or 3 of the 6 or 7 games you're getting are against FCS or G5 teams. And who wants to travel to see a game in a G5 stadium?

We've had Colorado State on the schedule every year as a neutral game in Denver. With 9 conference games, that only leaves 2 spots for other games. And in those years we got 5 road Pac-12 games plus that neutral, CU has almost been forced to schedule FCS to get 6 games at Folsom Field.

Fortunately, we're moving away from that neutral with CSU (ends in 2020) so we're looking at a future with 9 conference games plus:
2021 - Texas A&M and Minnesota in non-conference
2022 - TCU and Minnesota
2023 - TCU and Nebraska
2024 - Nebraska and North Dakota State (ND St is like a FBS, but we still have an opening for another P5)
2025 - Georgia Tech and an opening
2026 - Georgia Tech and Northwestern
2027 - Northwestern and Kansas State
2028 - Kansas State and an opening

How about we get something scheduled between CU and UT in 2024 and 2025?

I'll call Fulmer and see what we can work out.

Our season tickets usually include 8 home games. It's crazy. Next year our 4 out of conference opponents all come to Neyland Stadium. Over the next decade we have home and homes with Oklahoma, Pitt, BYU & Nebraska lined up.

Go to A&M if you haven't been, it's my favorite place I have been. Nebraska is top 5. Kansas State was fun, but nothing special.

I'll call Fulmer and see what we can work out.

Our season tickets usually include 8 home games. It's crazy. Next year our 4 out of conference opponents all come to Neyland Stadium. Over the next decade we have home and homes with Oklahoma, Pitt, BYU & Nebraska lined up.

Go to A&M if you haven't been, it's my favorite place I have been. Nebraska is top 5. Kansas State was fun, but nothing special.
We were in the Big 8/12 for a long time with those teams. Very familiar. I wasn't big on aTm. Mostly because the campus looks like a Soviet era compound and College Station isn't all that great. Plus, watching guys crush their own testicles stops being entertaining after a while.
squeeze_ani.gif

Back