What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

TN VOLS fans coming to UCLA/Colorado game

UTVols

A handful of buddies and I started traveling around to different college football stadiums to check out other schools. We are die-hard Vols fans but love college football no matter who is playing (except Bama). We look for a spot where we can see 2-3 games in one weekend.

This year we picked Colorado Friday night game and Air Force Saturday game to come visit. Also, considering going to Wyoming instead of Air Force (open to your suggestion).

What I want to hear from you is what are the must sees, traditions, places to drink a beer or where to tailgate before and after the game? Thanks for sharing what makes Colorado football great!

Here is where I have been so far:
SEC - Tennessee, Texas A&M, LSU, Florida, Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina, Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Vandy, Kentucky
ACC - Wake Forest, North Carolina, Virginia
Big 10 - Nebraska
Big 12 - Kansas State, Texas, Baylor, West Virginia
Pac 12 - Stanford, California, Arizona State
Small Conferences - Louisville, Marshall, UAB, Notre Dame, Western Kentucky

A handful of buddies and I started traveling around to different college football stadiums to check out other schools. We are die-hard Vols fans but love college football no matter who is playing (except Bama). We look for a spot where we can see 2-3 games in one weekend.

This year we picked Colorado Friday night game and Air Force Saturday game to come visit. Also, considering going to Wyoming instead of Air Force (open to your suggestion).

What I want to hear from you is what are the must sees, traditions, places to drink a beer or where to tailgate before and after the game? Thanks for sharing what makes Colorado football great!

SEC - Tennessee, Texas A&M, LSU, Florida, Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina, Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Vandy, Kentucky
Big 10 - Nebraska
This post gets a "like" just for saying Louisville and Notre Dame are categorized with "small conferences".

Check out the thread S2S linked - it has more that you would want to know over there. Otherwise, just be prepared for one of the coolest traditions in college football - the running of a live buffalo before the game and at halftime. Get in your seats at least 10 minutes before kickoff!

Definitely go to the AFA game over Wyoming.

Depending on your logistics (If AFA kicks early) go to Air Force. Wyoming is nice....and the people up there are pretty cool, but go to a game at the Academy if you can swing it.

Nice try, Butch! No sneaking back in, that job offer expired awhile ago.
20121203_095839_COACHCART_500.jpg

Big 10 - Nebraska
You're doing the Big10 wrong.

I'm sure the Buffalo is cool, and I look forward to seeing it. But it will be hard to top Running through the T with Rocky Top blasting as best entrance in college football!

As I'm sure you are aware, there will be a live buffalo that leads the team out of the lockerroom at the beginning of each half. If you do nothing else, make sure you are in the stadium early so you can experience the best entrance in college football.

Side Note - are there any good spots around Boulder to go hiking? And play golf?
Nope. None. :ROFLMAO:

Of course, there are copious amounts of both. Hit us up when you are ready to make tee times and plan specific hikes.

Side Note - are there any good spots around Boulder to go hiking? And play golf?
For in Boulder, Chautauqua park is a great place to go, as well as Mount Sanitas. NCAR in South Boulder has some great hikes too. I would recommend checking out Red Rocks Amphitheater near Denver also.

I'm sure the Buffalo is cool, and I look forward to seeing it. But it will be hard to top Running through the T with Rocky Top blasting as best entrance in college football!

Lots of teams can claim great entrances but trust me on this one, nothing matches Ralphie running.

You will also find the entrance at the AFA to be impressed. Be there early enough to see the cadet wing march in in formation and the fly overs.

Not as emotional as the Buffalo running but much better than a team running through a bunch of smoke and ribbons and signs like a bunch of others.

AFA over Wyoming, for sure.

Check the thread referenced above. Boulder has a ton to offer hike wise and golfing.

Welcome to Colorado, I hope you and your boys have a blast.

For golf. I would play the course at the Omni Interlocken. It's close to Boulder and a solid choice. Others may feel differently. Avoid Flatirons G.C. at all costs, unless you like paying golf on the flattest G/C. in America.

https://www.omnihotels.com/hotels/denver-interlocken/golf

Last edited:
With that said, yep Chautauqua park is amazing for hiking, all over Boulder really. I don’t know why nobody else mentioned the breweries. Upslope, boulder beer, twisted pine, FATE, Sanitas. Down in Denver you have Denver beer Co., epic, wynkoop, great divide, renegade, station 26, crooked stave, basically a million of them and they’re all fantastic. In boulder we love the sink and I personally love Cheba hut for subs and brews. Have fun!

Back