What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

UCLA Game Week -- Official Thread (8:30 on ESPN2)

CU can't let UDub beat them twice. Biggest game of MM's career.

Winner has to score 40+. Rosen with time is deadly. He'll also stand in and take a it.

Winnable game. Hugely important.

Winner has to score 40+. Rosen with time is deadly. He'll also stand in and take a it.

Winnable game. Hugely important.
Really worried about the mentality of the team, they said they were looking forward to Washington and they lost so this could be a downer and they showed they aren't able to bring the same mentality to every opponent.

Good thing is mac and co seem to have a good read on ucla, hopefully it works this year after the change at OC.

Yeah. And I don't think your point of letting Dub beat them twice can be overstated.

I'm not sure if agree about it being the biggest game of MM's career, but I can definitely understand the argument. I do think this game will speak volumes about this teams maturity and I'm anxious to see how they respond.

Basically, I'm more worried about CU than I am UCLA.

I think this game could very well end up being the key to the season.
For both teams.
UCLA giving up so many points on defense with so much talent and a well respected coordinator in Bradley?
Colorado gets up early, we could see some gut checking in powder blue.

For both teams.
UCLA giving up so many points on defense with so much talent and a well respected coordinator in Bradley?
Colorado gets up early, we could see some gut checking in powder blue.

I think both teams are going to have some gut-check moments. We really have no idea how this team will react to a road environment.

If Montez can right himself mentally, and the OL can get some push, we have a pretty good shot. Our WRs need to get more separation than they did vs. UW, but I like the matchups.

worried about the late start + first road game and uw beating them twice. Have to get an edge rush of some sort, need to get "home" with some safety or LB blitzes.

Jeebus. 8 then 8:30 game times? I thought the PAC 12 was reigning this **** in. College football players, let alone fans shouldn't be hoping to get home from a football game well into Sunday morning.
Night game? Fine.
7 or later? Stupid.
Major problem. Major conference fail.

I'm more concerned with UCLA thugging it up again. MM needs to let the team know that they need to play disciplined football and let UCLA get the flags thrown.

I think the question is can the UCLA defense stop ANYONE? 58 points last night......that we can add to 48 against Memphis, 44 against A&M, and 23 against Hawaii....
They don't need to stop us. We're pretty good at stopping ourselves. We don't need their help.

UCLA is basically the opposite of UW in terms of discipline, composure, and playing fundamentally sound football, so that bodes well for us.

Get pressure on Rosen, get a few turnovers, and let UCLA make the mistakes they inevitably make and I think we have a good chance.

Coach is REALLY worried bout the team dwelling on UW game. Won't even take questions about UW.

But I was told it was no big deal the players had focused on one game for eight months.
I think you're overselling this. The guys were jacked up to have another shot a UW and were hoping to make a statement at home. Didn't happen, unfortunately. I don't read much into it beyond that.

I think you're overselling this. The guys were jacked up to have another shot a UW and were hoping to make a statement at home. Didn't happen, unfortunately. I don't read much into it beyond that.

If the team had played anything close to a complete game in one of the first three games, I would agree. Instead, the Washington game just continued inconsistency and sloppy play. The whole "we want Washington" mentality came off as false confidence.

If the team had played anything close to a complete game in one of the first three games, I would agree. Instead, the Washington game just continued inconsistency and sloppy play. The whole "we want Washington" mentality came off as false confidence.
Perhaps and I certainly hope there is no hangover from this game. I like that the players were rallying around this game and were vocal about it. Beats the alternative of players lying that its "just another game on the schedule", when it's not.

Perhaps and I certainly hope there is no hangover from this game. I like that the players were rallying around this game and were vocal about it. Beats the alternative of players lying that its "just another game on the schedule", when it's not.

I think there is a balance to be struck between the two extremes. I just see a team which has not handled the early schedule well at all. Such a stark difference from last year.

I think there is a balance to be struck between the two extremes. I just see a team which has not handled the early schedule well at all. Such a stark difference from last year.
leadership void is real, more so on offense. Let's hope some different guys start getting listened to.

leadership void is real, more so on offense. Let's hope some different guys start getting listened to.
Agreed, and unfortunately, leadership from RB and WRs just isn't the same as leadership from QB. In years to follow this one, hopefully the OL becomes the strongest unit on the offense and decides they are going to be the leaders of the offense as a unit.

Interesting Matchup with UCLA. The wheels are coming off the Bruins football program it appears. Do they regroup for pride and play a tough game or do they mail it in? Fans want Mora fired and if things continue they may get their wish. This looks like a shoot out game with the Bruins having a horrible defense but put up big numbers on Offense. They are giving up almost 7 yards a carry on the ground which is totally ridiculous. UCLA has recruited talent but something is wrong with the Bruins.

Coach needs to get them focused on - If they take care of business there can be another re-match. x3

There is some good stuff on UCLA there. https://www.footballstudyhall.com/pages/2017-ucla-advanced-statistical-profile

They're 125 in rushing big play prevention.
They're 101th in passing efficiency prevention.
They're 101st in passing down sack rate.
They're 117th in passing down passing big play prevention.
Their DL is decent (8th in havoc), but their LBs are non-existent (126th in havoc). Havoc is plays that end in TFL, sack, defended pass, INT, or forced fumble.

We NEED to go longs on these guys. If Lindgren tries to dink and dunk our way down the field on these guys, I'm going to lose it.

Back