What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

UCLA trashed the visitors' locker room?

I posted this in the GameDay thread too, but. .. I was front row in 108 last game, behind the ucla bench. At one point a bruin was coming off the field leisurely, and guy next to me yells "get off the field". Dude takes his helmet off and comes to the sideline right in front of us yelling "pussy ass bitch" repeatedly, until getting dragged away by an assistant. Thin skinned ****ers trying to start a fight with a fan. Ucla is on my hate list now. Keeps growing. ..

Rick George tweets that this rumor is not accurate.

Nevermind, saw linked tweet above. Rumors....

Rick George tweets that this rumor is not accurate.

Nevermind, saw linked tweet above. Rumors....

Big difference between saying that the rumor is inaccurate and that nothing happened.

I think if nothing had happened there would be much more specific statements that nothing happened. Now it's just a question of details.

Getting the non-denial denials.

Big difference between saying that the rumor is inaccurate and that nothing happened.

I think if nothing had happened there would be much more specific statements that nothing happened. Now it's just a question of details.

He also said he was in the locker room today. Why would he have felt the need to go to the locker room?

Perhaps. He tweeted at someone else that it was not accurate...was there today. So I took that as no damage. Anyway, a few holes in drywall is $25 in spackling. Boys will be boys.

Well who is more credible, Rick George or some anonymous internet Twitterer freak spreading unfounded rumors? Do they have names of first-hand sources like UCLA players or coaches, CU facilities or security personnel, or other employees? Where is the photographic evidence of the damage? All you see are rumors, speculation, "heard that....", "sounds like..." from completely ANONYMOUS posters. I could post anonymously on some social media site and start rumors too.... why should anyone believe me though?

Well who is more credible, Rick George or some anonymous internet Twitterer freak spreading unfounded rumors? Do they have names of first-hand sources like UCLA players or coaches, CU facilities or security personnel, or other employees? Where is the photographic evidence of the damage? All you see are rumors, speculation, "heard that....", "sounds like..." from completely ANONYMOUS posters. I could post anonymously on some social media site and start rumors too.... why should anyone believe me though?

When there's smoke there's fire. They might be totally exaggerating the entire situation but I think it's safe to say they probably damaged something. Or they totally made it up! But that's just odd...

When there's smoke there's fire. They might be totally exaggerating the entire situation but I think it's safe to say they probably damaged something. Or they totally made it up! But that's just odd...

Point taken, but if it DID happen, I would just like to see actual evidence from credible, named sources rather than rumors from some anonymous nobody.

Point taken, but if it DID happen, I would just like to see actual evidence from credible, named sources rather than rumors from some anonymous nobody.

RG has to work throughout the year with the ADs from each of our conference foes, and on a lot more than just football.

Simple courtesy, the UCLA AD Dan Guerrero calls him or even talks to him last night before leaving town and says something like "This is looking ugly for us, keep it under your hat for a while if you can, and send us the bill."

Rick isn't going to hang out to dry somebody he has to deal with on a regular basis over something like this.

You can want all you want, but it's not going to happen. That is just how these types of things are handled.

Well I just don't like Generic Anonymous Source Guy. Remember when Generic Anonymous Source Guy "confirmed" that Butch Jones committed to a deal to become the "next CU head football coach"? And how that turned out?

Well I just don't like Generic Anonymous Source Guy. Remember when Generic Anonymous Source Guy "confirmed" that Butch Jones committed to a deal to become the "next CU head football coach"? And how that turned out?
Well from all accounts of the situation Butch Jones DID commit to being our next HC, until Tennessee came in with more money.

That's the whole point of sources. They get you information that isn't supposed to be public. Sometimes non public info changes. That's why it wasn't made public.

Well from all accounts of the situation Butch Jones DID commit to being our next HC, until Tennessee came in with more money.

That's the whole point of sources. They get you information that isn't supposed to be public. Sometimes non public info changes. That's why it wasn't made public.

Yeah but, "all accounts of the situation" came from...... you guessed it.... Generic Anonymous Source Guy. There was never ANY real evidence attributed to a credible named source, that confirmed that information about the Butch Jones situation to be true.

here's the link:

http://www.denverpost.com/2012/12/0...rado-coach-source-says-jones-denies-decision/

Like any good AD, RG picks his words carefully. He didn't say rumors are false, he said they are inaccurate. So to me that is confirmation that something did happen, we just don't know exactly what.

Or maybe RG wants to let the fUCLA AD make the incident public and let him spin it as he wants as a professional courtesy.

Back