What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

UCLA trashed the visitors' locker room?

Yeah but, "all accounts of the situation" came from...... you guessed it.... Generic Anonymous Source Guy. There was never ANY real evidence attributed to a credible named source, that confirmed that information about the Butch Jones situation to be true.
Because it changed lol.

The AD isn't going to come out and say "we got our guy, but he changed his mind because we weren't going to pay enough"

Look, you can not like it and can have you hesitations, but anonymous sources are only around because they stay anonymous. They also release info before it's official, so sometimes it ends up being wrong in the end. In this situation the AD is going to sweep it under the rug and handle it in house. If you want proof then go up to campus and get inside that locker room.

Because it changed lol.

The AD isn't going to come out and say "we got our guy, but he changed his mind because we weren't going to pay enough"

Look, you can not like it and can have you hesitations, but anonymous sources are only around because they stay anonymous. They also release info before it's official, so sometimes it ends up being wrong in the end. In this situation the AD is going to sweep it under the rug and handle it in house. If you want proof then go up to campus and get inside that locker room.

Okay, but how do you know for certain, that it really went down that way, without knowing the credible source, or the credible source being made public?

And what does Anonymous Source guy get out of it anyway? Why release that information to a public journalist like Tom Kensler, if it MIGHT not be true? If you're that guy, what's in it for YOU to do that? Other than Tom Kensler saying "WTF dude? You made me look like an idiot with that bogus Butch Jones story"?

If there WAS an offense vs. defense in the visitor locker room and Mora didn't stop it, it might be because as a coach, he thinks his team needs to get a little more excited about something. If they figure out this fighting each other thing, they can move on toward playing football next.

Okay, but how do you know for certain, that it really went down that way, without knowing the credible source, or the credible source being made public?

And what does Anonymous Source guy get out of it anyway? Why release that information to a public journalist like Tom Kensler, if it MIGHT not be true? If you're that guy, what's in it for YOU to do that? Other than Tom Kensler saying "WTF dude? You made me look like an idiot with that bogus Butch Jones story"?
A lot of times those guys only publish info from their most trusted sources. The reporters know who the source is. That is why when a guy like Kensler says his sources have confirmed blah blah blah, I listen.

As far as what they get out it... $$$$

Well I can see that, for sure. Any idea how much Anonymous Source guy gets paid, in real dollars, to leak a scoop to a DP journalist? And would he owe a refund if Kensler is made to look like a fool later on, because things changed, so to speak?
I don't work in the industry so I can't comment on how much, but I would imagine the source sets the price depending on how "juicy" the info is. As far as a refund or whatever, probably not. Part of the risk you run when you try to be first.

Well I can see that, for sure. Any idea how much Anonymous Source guy gets paid, in real dollars, to leak a scoop to a DP journalist? And would he owe a refund if Kensler is made to look like a fool later on, because things changed, so to speak?

Sources are rarely paid for leaking a scoop. Information on this would be very unlikely to be worth $$ to a struggling newspaper. People tell stories (true or not) to gain access to the media, to feel important, to tell the whole story, but not often for big bucks. The source, if the story proves true, will have improved his or her credibility and the next time he or she knows something, the reporter will give it more weight. But "real dollars" are what you see from the Enquirer and in made for tv movies.

Sources are rarely paid for leaking a scoop. Information on this would be very unlikely to be worth $$ to a struggling newspaper. People tell stories (true or not) to gain access to the media, to feel important, to tell the whole story, but not often for big bucks. The source, if the story proves true, will have improved his or her credibility and the next time he or she knows something, the reporter will give it more weight. But "real dollars" are what you see from the Enquirer and in made for tv movies.
Also if you're paying a lot of money for scoop, then you are incentivizing people to make s*** up for money. in the long run, that is not good for a news organization.

But ... back to the story ... (reddit thread)

cokecakeisawesome
If the locker room in Colorado was trashed by our players, that isn't acceptable, but everything I have heard was that it wasn't meant as being disrespectful to CU, it was all about internal problems on the team and any damage was collateral. Hopefully, we'll just pay to fix it and apologize to our PAC friends.
FriesWithThat
Probably best that they got that out of their system before the flight home.

So you are only going to believe it if it is published in the Denver Post, B Daily Camera, or the LA Times.

If you believe that something didn't happen because it didn't get published or announced from a sourced story in a "legitimate" medium then you are missing out on a huge amount of information.

Stuff happens all the time behind closed doors, that's why the doors are closed. Lots of times bits and pieces get out but not the whole story. Even more often those who are the go to authorities deliberately and purposely choose to not give out the information or to limit what they put out.

The whole issue with this thread is that there is way to much smoke not to be something burning. The "authoritative sources" aren't going to talk about it. The annonymous sources have reason not to become identified. That's how it works.

In time we will probably find out more about what happened but for now we deal with what we have, and it is to much to dismiss.

And this post from the Bruin's fan forum, perhaps the report is partly true, and partly exaggerated?

Our AD is denying it. So it was just a locker room fight and no real damage.

The whole issue with this thread is that there is way to much smoke not to be something burning. The "authoritative sources" aren't going to talk about it. The annonymous sources have reason not to become identified. That's how it works.

In time we will probably find out more about what happened but for now we deal with what we have, and it is to much to dismiss.

But then back to my other point regarding the anonymous sources. In this case, they are just social media nerds, so obviously not being financially compensated. Why put that information out there (what's in it for you?), if you're not going to identify yourself or your sources? Just let it be handled behind the scenes without the public ever needing to know. Okay, so you're not content to sit on the information and you feel a need to tell it to the world... fine, then just let us know WHO you are, and WHO your source is.

But then back to my other point regarding the anonymous sources. In this case, they are just social media nerds, so obviously not being financially compensated. Why put that information out there (what's in it for you?), if you're not going to identify yourself or your sources? Just let it be handled behind the scenes without the public ever needing to know. Okay, so you're not content to sit on the information and you feel a need to tell it to the world... fine, then just let us know WHO you are, and WHO your source is.

Because a lot of times it is somebody who has an emotional or other investment in the program. Could be players or family of players, could be a coach or a staffer, could be a booster who has locker room access. All have reasons not to make their identity public but have reasons and concerns for letting the information out.

And many times there are reasons to let the information out without identifying yourself as source. The idea that anyone who provides information should identify themselves lets those in power continue to do wrong and use their power to squash any opposition to it because of their power.

Go back to the Nixon administration. Should the information about the Nixon campaign have been ignored or not believed because it came from anonymous sources?

Mora doesn't coach in Boulder, not all places are about patty cake and juice boxes yet.
Well, as of right now the Patty Cakes are a better team than the locker-room gladiators. You may draw your own conclusions.

well, granted I've taken a few shots to the cranium, but I don't recall that at all.
Could be urban legend. I've heard it from more than one source, however none that would have first hand knowledge like yourself.

Well then, who was it?
The ISU co-ed cheer team

fouth.jpg

Back