What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Unofficial CU @ ASU game thread

You do not call a foul when things get physical on a rebound with 1 second left in the game. That's middle school YMCA level stuff from the official.
Plus, the guy tugged White before he made a move on the ball. That was some busch league mother****ing bull****.

Very bad officiating at the end there. Props to White - he's our only player. Buffs are not making the tourney. Is it September yet?

You do not call a foul when things get physical on a rebound with 1 second left in the game. That's middle school YMCA level stuff from the official.
I agree horrible call, but all CU had to do was box out. He was standing outside the foul line when that shot went up.
Edit: just watched again. There was almost no contact on that. That's not even a "you don't call that at the end of the game" that's not a foul ever in any point of the game.

Tough loss, white and xj til he got tossed only two who showed up. Horrible call at the end. Should have won but now 0-2 in conference play.

We need the resurgence of George King. He got a few offensive rebounds near the rim and didn't even think about trying to put them back up. Confidence, gone.

Hate losing to ASU in basketball more than anything. This #bufftough hashtag is laughable, only team I've seen play tough under Tad was the year we made our Pac-12 run, and that's cause those guys were all under-recruited and wanted it.

This team is going to lose a **** ton of games this year. We're going to have to scratch and claw to get to the NIT, and I don't see it happening. And we better turn that ****ing CBI bid down this time.

Let's hope there's no more discussion on this board about our "talent". **** that. White is talented. We'd be 5-10 without him. Everyone else is just plain mediocre or bad. That's a fact. We'll see about Peters and Brown (although there's freshmen all over the country who impress immediately, even at WSU.) But otherwise, Tad's recent recruiting is a major fail.

This team is going to lose a **** ton of games this year. We're going to have to scratch and claw to get to the NIT, and I don't see it happening. And we better turn that ****ing CBI bid down this time.

Let's hope there's no more discussion on this board about our "talent". **** that. White is talented. We'd be 5-10 without him. Everyone else is just plain mediocre or bad. That's a fact. We'll see about Peters and Brown (although there's freshmen all over the country who impress immediately, even at WSU.) But otherwise, Tad's recent recruiting is a major fail.
I don't know about that. We should've won and without XJ, our second best player. We finally showed some heart tonight.

well, furk. going to be tough getting it up for the Bruins now.

False. This is Tad's most talented team. His biggest failure easily as a coach.

I don't know about that. We should've won and without XJ, our second best player. We finally showed some heart tonight.
As a 5th year senior, XJ knows better. He carries more of the blame here than the team that played with heart. There was no lack of effort. ASU was also on fire. They got a lot of bounces, shots that rattled in, and hit 3's with a defender there or from very deep. They won against the odds. But we should be much better.

We looked better without XJ for some reason. I'll get jumped on for this like I always do, but I think Tad's got us as far as he will. He's done great things, but if we want to keep going forward we need to look at bigger fish. The window is closing too.

False. This is Tad's most talented team. His biggest failure easily as a coach.
How can you say that? Talented guys make plays. Simple as that. White is the one guy consistently doing that, and I guess you could make the case for XJ. Besides those two guys, is there anybody else on this team you'd want to have the ball in crunch time? Wes has ZERO low post skills (after four ****ing years!) and Dom can't get past any guard in this league off the dribble. I think we see why Providence didn't want Fortune back. King has completely cratered. Miller shows promise but only in spurts. Where's the talent?

How can you say that? Talented guys make plays. Simple as that. White is the one guy consistently doing that, and I guess you could make the case for XJ. Besides those two guys, is there anybody else on this team you'd want to have the ball in crunch time? Wes has ZERO low post skills (after four ****ing years!) and Dom can't get past any guard in this league off the dribble. I think we see why Providence didn't want Fortune back. King has completely cratered. Miller shows promise but only in spurts. Where's the talent?
You're confusing talent with skill.

The skill hasn't been developed. That's on Tad and the players themselves.

Frankly, Im having trouble thinking of a player who's skills saw marked improvement under Boyle.

The biggest issue is the recruits have disappointed for awhile now. Really since Gordon/Scott/XJ.

White is far and away our best player.

Tad's ability to evaluate High School Kids is due some scrutiny.

We looked better without XJ for some reason. I'll get jumped on for this like I always do, but I think Tad's got us as far as he will. He's done great things, but if we want to keep going forward we need to look at bigger fish. The window is closing too.
I think we had a lot of similar sentiment two years ago.

White looked completely dejected after the game. I feel for him as he had one hell of a game with not much help. Tad better hope white doesn't start losing confidence. If that happens, things could get real bad.

White looked completely dejected after the game. I feel for him as he had one hell of a game with not much help. Tad better hope white doesn't start losing confidence. If that happens, things could get real bad.
I dont think he'll lose confidence. If George doesnt pick it up. I think you'll see White having a lot of 20 shot, 25+ point outings like tonight.

You're supposed to look really ****ing dejected after losing to ASU. That's called leadership.

This isn't a killer, but we're now in deep trouble.
On the positive side, at least we didn't play like the Utah game. And White was outstanding. On the negative, you can argue this wasn't a killer loss, and in theory it's not. In practical terms though, we can't afford to lose games like this, especially with 3 tougher teams coming up next,

Staring at 0-5 to start the season...Tad is the 32nd highest paid coach and his team's have finished in the top 32 only once...as discussed here..his recruiting has been awful since Dinwiddie and Booker...he doesn't develop players well...going to be a long season.

I think we have some great recruits coming in, and some solid freshman. Just wish there was a true pg in the mix somewhere. Lightning fast pg.

Back