What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Unofficial CU @ ASU game thread

On the positive side, at least we didn't play like the Utah game. And White was outstanding. On the negative, you can argue this wasn't a killer loss, and in theory it's not. In practical terms though, we can't afford to lose games like this, especially with 3 tougher teams coming up next,

Can't lose 1 point road games against winnable teams. We need big home wins and to find winnable road games. We just blew a huge chance. Not a killer but a major blown opportunity.

False. This is Tad's most talented team. His biggest failure easily as a coach.

We could probably wait until March until we start making the claims. Still a lot of ball to play.

Really a shame to waste White's performance last night.

XJ is still no leader, after 5 years. King and Fortune continue to disappoint. What a frustrating season- I had high hopes that this was the season in which CU finally wins a game or two in the tournament, given the supposed maturity of the roster (what other team has 4 5th year seniors and a 4th year junior in the starting lineup?). This team still doesn't play defense on the perimeter and can't hit an open 3. There's still time to turn it around, but this is the conference start I feared, given the problems seen in the out of conference schedule.

Thiseason is Tad's biggest coaching failure.
I can't disagree with this at all. Tad knew coming in he needed to run, emphasize ball movement and play defense. He knew this because of the loss of Scott. He even talked about it before the season. This team has done none of these things. I am hugely disappointed. The only question left this season is whether CU finishes at the bottom of the conference or only the bottom four.

I can't disagree with this at all. Tad knew coming in he needed to run, emphasize ball movement and play defense. He knew this because of the loss of Scott. He even talked about it before the season. This team has done none of these things. I am hugely disappointed. The only question left this season is whether CU finishes at the bottom of the conference or only the bottom four.
CU isn't playing well, but if they finish below Oregon St and Wazzou, then Tad should be fired.

CU isn't playing well, but if they finish below Oregon St and Wazzou, then Tad should be fired.
Wazzou is much improved and we've barely slipped by them the last 2 years. OSU does suck, with Payton gone now. But they're the only team I feel remotely confident against. Gonna be a long season. Outside of White (and maybe XJ), we have a roster full of capable, mediocre talent at best. I agree that Tad hasn't developed players like he could have, and that his offensive scheme is piss poor. But the fact is, whether you are a true freshman or 5th year senior ... you either have the talent and skill to create and get to the rim or not, and our guards can't (except White). You either have low post skills or not. (Wes' back-to-the-basket skills are shockingly bad at this stage of his career.)

Experience means jack **** if the other team has superior talent and skill.

Your post lost all credibility right here. Using KenPom numbers...

YearKP RankORtgDRtg
2016-17 (so far)184102.3 (#187)104.2 (#193)
2015-16186102.5 (#187)104.7 (#189)
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Where's the improvement?
Gooseslapped.

I guess they doubled their conference win total already, but they did it by beating the 11th and 12th best teams in conference.

Seriously, I know everyone wants to be pissed and find things to yell about, but hyperbole about Wazzu being anything other than a **** team is just ridiculous.

Last years team only one 3 road games while losing 1 at home.
Find a way to 10-8
Lots of season left
Eventually shooting percentages even out to career numbers.
That is why called an average.
George/Josh due major correction by end of season.
Rotations shortened and team did better second half

George/Josh due major correction by end of season.

God, you would think so, wouldn't you? I mean, how the hell does King go from shooting 46% from 3 to 29%? He's missing wide open shots too (like the airball from the corner last night). Fortune dropped 10 points (37% to 27%).

I enjoyed seeing Peters & Brown get extended minutes in the second half. Can't speak for practice, but they've played hard in games. Reward them.

I guess they doubled their conference win total already, but they did it by beating the 11th and 12th best teams in conference.

Seriously, I know everyone wants to be pissed and find things to yell about, but hyperbole about Wazzu being anything other than a **** team is just ridiculous.
OK, maybe slightly improved would have been better. But Hawkinson is legit and their freshmen PG is better than anything we have (yes, White plays PG some but he shouldn't have to, more out of desperation.)

George needs to ditch the headband first of all. Then he needs to start using his length and athletic gifts to finish at the hoop. If his shot isnt falling, he has all the tools to be a very effective garbage man under the basket ala Andre Roberson.

Calling for Tad's firing is pretty premature at this point. We should look at our assistant coaches tho.

Calling for Tad's firing is pretty premature at this point. We should look at our assistant coaches tho.

This is something I've been pondering. I'm a big fan of both Rohn and Pri, but they've been here a long time and sometimes it's best to get some changes. Bringing in Grier was nice, but some new blood wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

Does anyone still think this is a tournament team? If so, why? I personally don't see it.

Because basketball is a game and season of runs. We just need a good run, and are capable.
IMO, gonna need a hell of a run because the losses already posted don't scream tournament team to me.

Don't get me wrong. I hope they get there and tear the place up. I'm just having a hard time seeing it.

they've been here a long time and sometimes it's best to get some changes.

I don't think that applies only to assistant coaches and players. I'm not at all against Tad. Haven't ever been. I'm on board, like most of us. However, it's true there are people who are good at building things, but can't maintain or better something that's already built. Can't redesign. They can build of course, and thank goodness, but that's what they know. Living in what they've built is another matter entirely.

Just saying.

Because basketball is a game and season of runs. We just need a good run, and are capable.

This. As I said elsewhere, there's a less than 1% chance this team pulls its head out of its ass. But if it does, it's the most talented team top to bottom Tad has ever had. I said last year they had S16 potential and they still do - they're just not going to meet it. Potential is just a fancy word for "haven't done ****".

Back