What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

USC ALMOST A Game Thread - Covid Cancelled

not going to have an ooc game.. you know why? because the p12 is conservative and doesn't want unequal treatment among members. if we beat usc next week, we are p12 "bowl eligible" not matter what else happens. that would be victory in the year of 2020.
If we tried to do what Fusker did and bring in some random FCS team from 1000 miles away..........I would understand the league saying no to that. This is an in-state Group of 5 who could easily BUS to Boulder. How dumb would the league look if they said we have to sit this week instead of playing CSU?

Why does everyone think an OOC game with a Big 10 school is remotely possible? I mean this is exactly what Nebraska tried to do (schedule an OOC replacement) and they were told no. The SEC has a similar rule.

Sure, maybe these conferences will change their mind given the TV dollars at risk, but it all seems very unlikely.

Why does everyone think an OOC game with a Big 10 school is remotely possible? I mean this is exactly what ****braska tried to do (schedule an OOC replacement) and they were told no. The SEC has a similar rule.

Sure, maybe these conferences will change their mind given the TV dollars at risk, but it all seems very unlikely.
Maybe the Big 10 would like to see someone pound the Pusskers because they despise them as much as we do?

Last edited:
If CSU is cancelled that is great news in my opinion for CU. I expect the Pac to approve OOC games (although they could prove me wrong). CSU gives CU an opponent who:
  • AD's have a relationship to work out the details
  • Would love to add a CU game
  • Can wait until late in the week to make any official decision in case a Pac opponent comes up because of the distance
Essentially you can tell CSU you want to play but have to get approval of Pac, gives you a couple days to negotiate a deal and get Pac approval. If a Pac 12 game (like Utah USC), CU plays the PAC team if possible.

Maybe the Big 10 would like to see CU pound the Pusskers because they despise them as much as we do?

Nebraska has a game this weekend lol. I wouldn't want to play Fusker this year. You think COVID is bad here? Its running even wilder in Nebraska right now.

If we can't get a conference game, CSU is fine. If I'm RG, I'm pushing whoever I need to to go to the league and approve a game against CSU (with the condition that we play a conference opponent if one becomes available) now so we can start working on that now.

IF csu game against UNLV were to get cancelled I know the lambs would be motivated for a game since their New Mexico game a month ago was already cancelled.

Let's play them on Uranus.
uranus-holey-moley-season-2-800x500.jpg

If CSU is cancelled that is great news in my opinion for CU. I expect the Pac to approve OOC games (although they could prove me wrong). CSU gives CU an opponent who:
  • AD's have a relationship to work out the details
  • Would love to add a CU game
  • Can wait until late in the week to make any official decision in case a Pac opponent comes up because of the distance
Essentially you can tell CSU you want to play but have to get approval of Pac, gives you a couple days to negotiate a deal and get Pac approval. If a Pac 12 game (like Utah USC), CU plays the PAC team if possible.

If I'm Rick George, I'm trying to get approval for a game with CSU from the league now (obviously under the condition that we'd play a conference team if one became available this weekend).

I love this idea.

We get a game, for one. CSU sucks, for two, and another beatdown could put the kibosh on anyone clamoring for more RMS. We might also get a Sunday game, so I don't have to watch the ****ing Donkeys.

Win-win-win!

I'm not gonna watch the ****ing donkeys regardless of whether or not we play lol

Sounds like Utah is trending towards playing USC. Nothing official but if I had to put $ on it I'd say CU might have a Bye week.

Back