What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

USC Pregame Thread: 10/13 @ 8:30 PM on FS1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Biggest game of MM career.

Road.
Dog.
Beaten repeatedly by USC.
Close but couldn’t get over hump in last few years.
Would be a signature win (sans win at UDub) in key recruiting hotbed.
Some athletes vs lotsa athletes.
Increasing national exposure.

I keep hearing the "USC is more talented", but what is that based off of - their depth, recruiting star rating, their O/D Lines plus skill? I think it would be hard right now to say that their QB, RB, WR(s), LBs are better than ours. I can assume their lines are better, but I don't know about their defensive backfield. Ergo, just dismissing our talent out of hand seems a little off to me.

Anyone got any links to their boards? What are USC fans saying about this game?

They are mostly focused on figuring out who their next HC is going to be. One thread on the line, though, with 3 out of 4 posts saying Buffs will cover.

Anyone got any links to their boards? What are USC fans saying about this game?
Please no. Not directed at you specifically, but Allbuffs spends too much time already talking about what fans on other message boards are posting.

Clay Helton not only had his team practice twice during the first half of the bye week, but will apparently be spending the second half preparing for CU AND Utah.

26 players didn't participate in Wednesday's practice, including 9 linebackers.

Clay Helton not only had his team practice twice during the first half of the bye week, but will apparently be spending the second half preparing for CU AND Utah.

26 players didn't participate in Wednesday's practice, including 9 linebackers.
Not sure how to respond to this. But I think I like it...

If Juwann is a go this week...
tenor.gif

Here's an excerpt from one post on the Trojan forum (sorry Hokie):

"I sat and watched the full Colorado/Arizona State game last Saturday in my living room with my best friend and business partner , who played for the Buffs once, and to see the gleam in his eyes as he watched a FULL Folsom field (which hasn't happened in a while), and all the old sights from his Alma Mater, the duck pond on that so beautiful campus in Boulder... where he used to court babes, as he put it, and nostalgically saw his feisty team fight tooth and nail all game long vs a surprisingly tough Sundevil Team, under Herm Edwards...
well WHAT a relief to feel like I was watching real college football again, watching two REALLY AND TRULY competent head coaches duking it out to the bitter end, watching my partner's glow as he rose for the first time since the game started, HE'S THE SILENT IMMOVABLE TYPE, and quietly sticking out his fist for me to give him a knuckle knock, wow! I REALLY ENJOYED the moment, infectiously rooting for my partners team, the so admirable Buffs, screaming like a maniac at the pac 12 refs while he sat there silent and unmoving, I jumping up and down, chomping endless frozen fruit bars, my new substitute for alcohol, The fabulous wide receiver Chenault, the steady Steve Montez, the really terrific running back, an O with A freaking, actual PLAN, an unpredictable O, that let super WR Chenault take a shocking HANDOFF from Montez on one play and run for a score...Damn, it woke up some memories."
https://247sports.com/college/usc/B...un-That-Tunnel-Vision-was-freaking-123061702/

The Buffs are making an impression on some folks outside of Colorado.

I keep hearing the "USC is more talented", but what is that based off of - their depth, recruiting star rating, their O/D Lines plus skill? I think it would be hard right now to say that their QB, RB, WR(s), LBs are better than ours. I can assume their lines are better, but I don't know about their defensive backfield. Ergo, just dismissing our talent out of hand seems a little off to me.
Only because our lines have played very well the last two weeks can I say that even the lines are arguably close in production, not necessarily talent. The narrative that they are more talented certainly stems from recruiting rankings and general national perception. CU has played a weak schedule and therefore are believed to have high statistical output from that schedule. 2 deep USC is most likely more talented across the board aside from receiver. But I would venture many of CU’s starters would start at USC, at least in the skill positions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back