What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

USC Pregame Thread: 10/13 @ 8:30 PM on FS1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep hearing the "USC is more talented", but what is that based off of - their depth, recruiting star rating, their O/D Lines plus skill? I think it would be hard right now to say that their QB, RB, WR(s), LBs are better than ours. I can assume their lines are better, but I don't know about their defensive backfield. Ergo, just dismissing our talent out of hand seems a little off to me.
Call it the eyeball test when a team gets off the bus. USC always passes the eyeball test. The question is typically if they are well coached and motivated. If yes on one of those, they typically win. If yes to both, they will blow your doors off.

Call it the eyeball test when a team gets off the bus. USC always passes the eyeball test. The question is typically if they are well coached and motivated. If yes on one of those, they typically win. If yes to both, they will blow your doors off.
I get that in general with USC. But specifically this year, individual starter to individual starter - where are the talent gaps? Are you saying their starting QB is better than ours? Or that their RB is better than ours? Or just that once you get past the starters they overwhelm with depth?

I get that in general with USC. But specifically this year, individual starter to individual starter - where are the talent gaps? Are you saying their starting QB is better than ours? Or that their RB is better than ours? Or just that once you get past the starters they overwhelm with depth?
In general they are bigger, stronger and faster across the board. Depth is certainly in their favor.
I understand what you are saying, but there is a reason they still generally win even if they aren’t playing great.

No, at this point in time, Montez >>>>>> Daniels, Shenault >>>>>>>>>>> St. Brown, McMillian > Ware.

Their OL and DL talent is better than ours, though, and from a depth standpoint, they have more of it. None of that equates to who is going to win the game on Saturday, though. Can we tackle consistently, and limit them running the ball in order to force a true freshman to beat us through the air? Can we continue to get Shenault the ball at will and also run when we want? Those are the deciding factors.

No, at this point in time, Montez >>>>>> Daniels, Shenault >>>>>>>>>>> St. Brown, McMillian > Ware.

Their OL and DL talent is better than ours, though, and from a depth standpoint, they have more of it. None of that equates to who is going to win the game on Saturday, though. Can we tackle consistently, and limit them running the ball in order to force a true freshman to beat us through the air? Can we continue to get Shenault the ball at will and also run when we want? Those are the deciding factors.
See, this was kind of the way I’m seeing it. I just wasn’t sure if I was blinded by Buff colored glasses.

See, this was kind of the way I’m seeing it. I just wasn’t sure if I was blinded by Buff colored glasses.
There are very few positions where CU's starting option is better than USC's starting option, but QB, RB, WR are three of them without a doubt. I might say our LB group is on par with theirs and possibly our CBs (assuming Wigley isn't starting anymore). With their major issues at Safety, I might also say Worthington/Fisher > whoever they have.

I think CU matches up with anyone in the conference from a skill position standpoint. Unfortunately, the OL/DL don't with the upper echelon, but they just need to be "good enough".

Man, listening to Mac after practice today, it doesn't sound like Juwann is going to be ready this week. Tough tough break for him...

Hey guys - looking at getting tickets to this game. The first post in here mentioned that the CU allotment is in section 3. I've never been to the colisseum and looks like section 3 is like 3 sections high. Which row(s) will most of our seats be in (i.e. field level or way in the back)? Want to try and get them off of stubhub and be in the thick of CU fans.

Hey guys - looking at getting tickets to this game. The first post in here mentioned that the CU allotment is in section 3. I've never been to the colisseum and looks like section 3 is like 3 sections high. Which row(s) will most of our seats be in (i.e. field level or way in the back)? Want to try and get them off of stubhub and be in the thick of CU fans.

I got my seats from the CU ticket office and I'm in section 3, row 32. So we probably have the first 50 rows or so and anything above that will probably be a mixture of fans depending on how many tickets CU was able to sell. Hopefully we bring a lot of Buffs, we'll need it.

I got my seats from the CU ticket office and I'm in section 3, row 32. So we probably have the first 50 rows or so and anything above that will probably be a mixture of fans depending on how many tickets CU was able to sell. Hopefully we bring a lot of Buffs, we'll need it.
thanks for the info! Sounds good. Looks like there are a decent number on sale in row 25. I'll pick those up. sko buffs!

we're definitely not equal to usc in talent, across the board. and they are very young at some key positions. i think we can hang with them because of our experience at a few key positions, but they have a lot of athletes.

the go-fast offense will be incredibly important. if we can stay uptempo and prevent them from substituting on defense, it negates their depth advantage and it allows our offense to dictate the game flow.

this will be a huge test for our defense. they are big and fast everywhere. can we get a key turnover?

There are very few positions where CU's starting option is better than USC's starting option, but QB, RB, WR are three of them without a doubt. I might say our LB group is on par with theirs and possibly our CBs (assuming Wigley isn't starting anymore). With their major issues at Safety, I might also say Worthington/Fisher > whoever they have.

I think CU matches up with anyone in the conference from a skill position standpoint. Unfortunately, the OL/DL don't with the upper echelon, but they just need to be "good enough".

Coaching Staff too. I'd rather have HCMM and this staff than Clay Helton, and its not that close.

we're definitely not equal to usc in talent, across the board. and they are very young at some key positions. i think we can hang with them because of our experience at a few key positions, but they have a lot of athletes.

the go-fast offense will be incredibly important. if we can stay uptempo and prevent them from substituting on defense, it negates their depth advantage and it allows our offense to dictate the game flow.

this will be a huge test for our defense. they are big and fast everywhere. can we get a key turnover?

This is also a big test for DJ Eliot and MM-I'd like to see a gameplan similar to what we did to Thompson-Robinson in the 2nd half against UCLA.

Thank you, I'm not often very challenged by time zones... but I'm not sure I want to sit in front of the TV at 3:30 and wait 7 hours for the CU-USC game to start.
I think he was answering a question about Washington, if I remember correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back