What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Washington Game --- Official Thread (8pm FS1)

Couldn't agree more for a number of reasons, first and foremost his skill sets are not Sefo's and we're still calling the same plays as if Sefo is the QB. 2nd the coaches have jacked his head up so much "stay in the pocket" what pocket? 5 sacks that had he not been jacked with so much he probably would've avoided 2-3. It's the coach's job to build around him they recruited him and knew what they were getting from the beginning and they've had 2 yrs to do it in. If the ship doesn't get righted soon I wouldn't be surprised if he transfers. You don't chew a kid's ass on national television like MM did when he got back to the sideline after throwing the ball away, just stupid plus the receiver quit on the play.
:ROFLMAO:

Couldn't agree more for a number of reasons, first and foremost his skill sets are not Sefo's and we're still calling the same plays as if Sefo is the QB. 2nd the coaches have jacked his head up so much "stay in the pocket" what pocket? 5 sacks that had he not been jacked with so much he probably would've avoided 2-3. It's the coach's job to build around him they recruited him and knew what they were getting from the beginning and they've had 2 yrs to do it in. If the ship doesn't get righted soon I wouldn't be surprised if he transfers. You don't chew a kid's ass on national television like MM did when he got back to the sideline after throwing the ball away, just stupid plus the receiver quit on the play.
Why? Montez can take it, and if he can't, then he's not the guy they need. If MM is chewing someone out, there's good reason for it. He's not exactly Bobby Knight.

Why because he's already burned his red shirt?..hasn't stopped others before. If he becomes so miserable and not walking in his shoes transferring could become logical the reckoning that this is not going to work...and you can roll your eyes all you wish this is just my opinion.

Why because he's already burned his red shirt?..hasn't stopped others before. If he becomes so miserable and not walking in his shoes transferring could become logical the reckoning that this is not going to work...and you can roll your eyes all you wish this is just my opinion.
He's the QB of a good P5 team that could be very good next year. He's lose a year of eligibility which would give him only one year to play. By all accounts, he loves it here. He is not going to get all butt hurt and transfer.

:sick: Gross. Can't wait to get them off the schedule. CSU should not be mentioned ever after that game. That said, had three CSU buddies text me last night all said they played closer with Alabama than we did with Washington. I guess they forgot the fact we had the ball with 2 minutes in the third to tie the game, and they were down 41-10 when Alabama pulled their starters.

Little brother gonna little brother. Scoreboard.

Why? Montez can take it, and if he can't, then he's not the guy they need. If MM is chewing someone out, there's good reason for it. He's not exactly Bobby Knight.
You need to re-watch the game...it wasn't your normal ass chewing border line degrading not exactly something you'd expect to see from a coach of the year...Montez's face during and after reminded me of one or two of Bobby Knight's players afterward. If you've ever coached there are ways to get a message across, probably the best example I've seen in a long time was after the UNC receiver (11) dropped a sure 6, the head coach put his hand on his shoulder and sent him back out.

You need to re-watch the game...it wasn't your normal ass chewing border line degrading not exactly something you'd expect to see from a coach of the year...Montez's face during and after reminded me of one or two of Bobby Knight's players afterward. If you've ever coached there are ways to get a message across, probably the best example I've seen in a long time was after the UNC receiver (11) dropped a sure 6, the head coach put his hand on his shoulder and sent him back out.
Dropping a pass is a far cry from constantly making mental mistakes. There's also different ways to get through to different kids. Some kids just tune out the yelling, while others get scared and it puts more pressure on them and makes the problem snow ball. Other kids find it motivating and use it to correct mistakes.

In Montez' case, his arrogance so far this year has been well documented, both here and the media, as well as by his own Head Coach. If you haven't noticed, Mac doesn't stand for player arrogance, especially when he's not backing it up. Montez threw 3 INTs, slid short of a first down (which led to a blocked punt and a TD), missed open receivers and made a number of other mental mistakes. If Mac undressing him on the sideline is what's needed to humble him and get him refocused, then so be it.

Dropping a pass is a far cry from constantly making mental mistakes. There's also different ways to get through to different kids. Some kids just tune out the yelling, while others get scared and it puts more pressure on them and makes the problem snow ball. Other kids find it motivating and use it to correct mistakes.

In Montez' case, his arrogance so far this year has been well documented, both here and the media, as well as by his own Head Coach. If you haven't noticed, Mac doesn't stand for player arrogance, especially when he's not backing it up. Montez threw 3 INTs, slid short of a first down (which led to a blocked punt and a TD), missed open receivers and made a number of other mental mistakes. If Mac undressing him on the sideline is what's needed to humble him and get him refocused, then so be it.
Well documented arrogance based on opinions, personally I'd rather have a QB that believes he's the cock of the walk = Swag. When has Montez ever slid? it goes against his nature and if he hadn't had it not been beat into his head to do so he would've ran through and got the first down (took Sefo 3 yrs and tremendous punishment to actually slide). First pick was on the taz, second Fields gave up on the ball and didn't play it (which by the way would've given CU another down), third pick..my cat called it at the same time the DC did.

Montez is lucky I wasn't on the sidelines after that slide...

Check that... I'm lucky I wasn't on the sidelines after that slide. With what I would have said, I'd have gotten my teeth knocked out.

I've seen a couple people mention this. Didn't see it since I was in person but does anyone have a clip of it?

Montez is lucky I wasn't on the sidelines after that slide...

Check that... I'm lucky I wasn't on the sidelines after that slide. With what I would have said, I'd have gotten my teeth knocked out.
Which speaks to my point(s), no doubt he got an earful during the Oregon game for not sliding then in the Spring & Fall and so he did what he was instructed to do...slide. And so he does and misses because he went away from his normal mindset. I'm starting to feel sorry for the young man I really am, trying to blend instruction and natural skills & not fail my coaches/teammates.

Montez plays like a young QB with limited experience who is facing high level competition that has some film on him and is able to prepare for him.

How exactly would starting Noyer improve this situation?

Montez is making the same mistakes a lot of young QBs make. Throws he could make against HS DBs don't work against UW. Windows don't stay open, running lanes close faster. He just has to learn what he can and can't do at this level. Very few QBs come in ready to play P5 football without making mistakes.

The difference between the good ones and bad ones is how fast they learn and how they can take advantage of that learning.

I was just thinking to myself that this country needs more coddled young people and folks excusing them for their mistakes and placing blame on others.
I've never believed in participation trophies ie coddling, I do believe that if you want/need something from a player there is a way to get it which is the purest form of coaching. By no means am I insinuating Montez is blameless or the second coming of Randall Cunningham. I can watch season to season and make a personal assessment, Mac has proven himself to be a master re-builder...this season is to discover whether or not he is capable of finishing what he starts.

I've never believed in participation trophies ie coddling, I do believe that if you want/need something from a player there is a way to get it which is the purest form of coaching. By no means am I insinuating Montez is blameless or the second coming of Randall Cunningham. I can watch season to season and make a personal assessment, Mac has proven himself to be a master re-builder...this season is to discover whether or not he is capable of finishing what he starts.
Well, your posts in this thread seem to be aimed at making excuses for Montez and ripping Mac for yelling at him. Mac is a good coach, who we know genuinely cares about his players. If he's yelling at them, there is good reason. My guess is that Montez has been coached time and time again to do things a certain way and he continues not to do them that way.

Well, your posts in this thread seem to be aimed at making excuses for Montez and ripping Mac for yelling at him. Mac is a good coach, who we know genuinely cares about his players. If he's yelling at them, there is good reason. My guess is that Montez has been coached time and time again to do things a certain way and he continues not to do them that way.
I know he cares about his players it's why they respect him and why they play at CU. I really didn't want to insinuate Mac was losing his mud. There is a narrative to my previous posts, they can be interpreted as though excuses were being made on Montez's behalf. How players respond to coaching one to another is never the same and it's up to the coach to adapt. I like Mac albeit I think he doesn't manage a clock very well but that's beside the point. I'm also very sure that Mac didn't light up Lindsey a senior with far more game experience. The Taz is entitled to a ...he's done enough to merit the occasional mess up just like Fields does.

You see UDub's D on that play? Rush 6. CU checked. UDub rechecked. Dropped 8. Inside WR defender jumped route. What's the read in that play? And why can't Montez make that read? I bet that play is on 50 repeat loop this week.
Better question is why did Montez stare at his receiver for 3 seconds before throwing it?

Rewatching parts of the game. Here's a question on the punt block:

How in the world does Tonz think he's going to stop a 344 lb man running full speed just by standing there? He makes no effort to go to the defender, just stands there and gets knocked on his ass.

The whole let 2 -3 guys through and have the wedge stop them thing has always made me wonder.

Back