What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

We are deep at WR

I'd love to see them work in Keeney running down the seam after we've done some damage with those other the middle crossing patterns/slants.

Also random thought: is it me or do we run a lot less curls than we used to? Feels like we've figured this YAC thing is pretty decent. Love seeing them attack the middle of the field.

The two things standing out most to me are the improvement with individual receivers and the downfield blocking the other receivers are doing for their teammates. Bobo and Ross let the chips on their shoulders from a disappointing end to last season fuel them to put the work in and really excel in this new offense and I was dead wrong about both being able to do it. Way to go, fellas.

Chev's order to his receivers that if you don't block you don't play has shown a bigger commitment in games to the unheralded role of the receivers not getting touches on a particular play and it's just awesome to hear on consecutive plays who was just schooling their defender. Other coaches talked about position groups being blue collar and this one is actually doing it.

I'd love to see them work in Keeney running down the seam after we've done some damage with those other the middle crossing patterns/slants.

Also random thought: is it me or do we run a lot less curls than we used to? Feels like we've figured this YAC thing is pretty decent. Love seeing them attack the middle of the field.

It seemed like we called 300 ten yard curls to Spruce last year.

The two things standing out most to me are the improvement with individual receivers and the downfield blocking the other receivers are doing for their teammates. Bobo and Ross let the chips on their shoulders from a disappointing end to last season fuel them to put the work in and really excel in this new offense and I was dead wrong about both being able to do it. Way to go, fellas.

Chev's order to his receivers that if you don't block you don't play has shown a bigger commitment in games to the unheralded role of the receivers not getting touches on a particular play and it's just awesome to hear on consecutive plays who was just schooling their defender. Other coaches talked about position groups being blue collar and this one is actually doing it.
I've been very impressed with the downfield blocking by the receivers. I couldn't tell you which play, or who, but I remember a play last week where it was a passing play, but Montez pulled it down to run after dodging a sack. You could literally see the receiver think "oh he's running now, I gotta find someone to block," and then put a hat on a duck.

The block didn't really change the play at all, but because it didn't it was a vivid example of how seriously these received are taking their blocking duties.

Back