What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

We now take you to College Park, Maryland... Durkin FIRED

Unlike Waco they actually valued a kids life over the coaches job.

I was glad to see players on the team apply pressure by walking out of the meeting announcing his return and other players not showing up for practice.

Can't believe that bogus "board" or whatever the hell they were, suggested this crackpot be re-instated. Glad the miscreant was given the boot and hope he's out of the coaching profession for good.

Maryland's Chancellor.

th

Just to get this straight, the university fought tooth and nail to get him re-instated and when he did get re-instated they fired him because just about everybody outside the program thought they were out of their god damn minds? Am I getting this right?

Just to get this straight, the university fought tooth and nail to get him re-instated and when he did get re-instated they fired him because just about everybody outside the program thought they were out of their god damn minds? Am I getting this right?
Not quite.

Loh, the Prez, wanted to fire him. BOR was in Durkin’s corner, especially crack pot chair. BOR can’t hire/fire coach or AD. But they told the Prez he would be fired if he didn’t accept their recommendation to keep Durkin.

Prez was incensed. Announced retirement. Wouldn’t even mention Durkin’s name yesterday at presser.

Got his ducks in a row today with school leadership. Several congressmen spoke out. Then the Gov dropped a tart letter today to the BOR, calling them on the carpet. With this protection. Loh fired Durkin within an hour. Informed BOR. didn’t consult them. Essentially flipped his bosses the bird.

Great leader. His actions from Day 1 have been honorable and noble.

Does Saban just hire every previously fired head coach? I'm not sure it's a bad thing as they probably respect Saban and it seems to be working for them.

Saban has a huge ego but it is not so big as to make his unwilling to pick the brains of other coaches who were good enough to get head jobs.

Helps that Alabama gives him the kind of budget that allows him to hire just about anybody he wants.

Does Saban just hire every previously fired head coach? I'm not sure it's a bad thing as they probably respect Saban and it seems to be working for them.
With the revolving door of assistant coaches, particularly coordinators, I feel like bringing in guys like that provide some fresh ideas and stability to things by guys who have btdt. I also think it’s a favor to them. They get to spend a few years in the Bama program and get a new job.

With the revolving door of assistant coaches, particularly coordinators, I feel like bringing in guys like that provide some fresh ideas and stability to things by guys who have btdt. I also think it’s a favor to them. They get to spend a few years in the Bama program and get a new job.

These guys get to learn from the best and rehab their image. Bama gets these really top level former coaches to be analysts who can focus on so many details to game plan.

To be fair, bama’s O has made some nice strides with BJ as an analyst for them.

Saban has a huge ego but it is not so big as to make his unwilling to pick the brains of other coaches who were good enough to get head jobs.

Helps that Alabama gives him the kind of budget that allows him to hire just about anybody he wants.
Certainly helps to have a big budget.

Definitely makes sense to get those perspectives and new ideas. I'm sure it's an interesting environ to work in.

These guys get to learn from the best and rehab their image. Bama gets these really top level former coaches to be analysts who can focus on so many details to game plan.

To be fair, bama’s O has made some nice strides with BJ as an analyst for them.

All good points. I think it's a good thing just hadn't realized how much that had been doing it.

Back