What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

We now take you to Tempe, AZ

This situation has the added element that there weren’t any other schools breaking those particular rules. Even the most rogue schools in the SEC weren’t hosting kids during the pandemic. ASU is going to get hung out to dry on this one, I think.

Not the infamous double wrist slapper!
Pokemon Fighting GIF

It's not just lack of institutional control, whereby the HC was incompetent. He blatantly ignored the rules.

It's called into question his character and I hope he gets a lifetime ban from NCAA.
Pierce shouldn't get hit as hard, he was following orders.
Herm has to go, period. ASU, as an institute of higher learning should immediately fire him.

It's not just lack of institutional control, whereby the HC was incompetent. He blatantly ignored the rules.

It's called into question his character and I hope he gets a lifetime ban from NCAA.
Pierce shouldn't get hit as hard, he was following orders.
Herm has to go, period. ASU, as an institute of higher learning should immediately fire him.
Feels like you might have had some other issues with Herm pre-dating this scandal. Bit of a stretch to paint Pierce with the “just following orders” brush, I think.

This situation has the added element that there weren’t any other schools breaking those particular rules. Even the most rogue schools in the SEC weren’t hosting kids during the pandemic. ASU is going to get hung out to dry on this one, I think.
Deal. Luke Wilson agrees too.

Feels like you might have had some other issues with Herm pre-dating this scandal. Bit of a stretch to paint Pierce with the “just following orders” brush, I think.
Nope. I liked him until now. I have a complete disregard for people who tried to minimize the Virus. And I have complete disregard for people who blatantly choose to cheat. Lastly, I hold the head dude responsible. How can you blame Pierce when he's getting paid to follow Herm's leadership?

Herm has to be the one hung first and foremost.

Nope. I liked him until now. I have a complete disregard for people who tried to minimize the Virus. And I have complete disregard for people who blatantly choose to cheat. Lastly, I hold the head dude responsible. How can you blame Pierce when he's getting paid to follow Herm's leadership?

Herm deserves everything you’re saying, but to paint Pierce as just some innocent “good soldier” is way off according to most of the rumors being reported. According to former staff members, Pierce was pretty much running the show day to day

Herm deserves everything you’re saying, but to paint Pierce as just some innocent “good soldier” is way off according to most of the rumors being reported. According to former staff members, Pierce was pretty much running the show day to day
I'm not saying anything of the sort. I'm simply reacting to the assertion above that ASU would try to pin it all on Pierce and keep Herm clean. Herm, as the head coach is responsible for Pierce. And he can't plead ignorance as he was caught also visiting with recruits. Pierce is DIRTY. Long Beach Dirty.

I'm not saying anything of the sort. I'm simply reacting to the assertion above that ASU would try to pin it all on Pierce and keep Herm clean. Herm, as the head coach is responsible for Pierce. And he can't plead ignorance as he was caught also visiting with recruits. Pierce is DIRTY. Long Beach Dirty.
Could not agree more with your take on the situation.

Not only were they blatantly cheating they were knowingly violating rules put in place to protect the health of others.

And what you didn't mention is that they were doing this with 16-18 year old kids. We aren't even talking about pushing health protocols with adults, this is involving kids (and thus their families, friends, and more.)

Could not agree more with your take on the situation.

Not only were they blatantly cheating they were knowingly violating rules put in place to protect the health of others.

And what you didn't mention is that they were doing this with 16-18 year old kids. We aren't even talking about pushing health protocols with adults, this is involving kids (and thus their families, friends, and more.)
Thinking about the severity of this, I am disgusted now more than before.

When I think about the kids who are visiting, allow me to color the image of the communities many of these kids come from. Inner Cities.

They are more crowded and have less open space to begin with. They often have many people living in the same residence, not to mention building.
The poor are much likelier to be over-weight, diebetic, and otherwise unhealthy.

Whether it's Mom/Dad or Grandma, or others in the neighborhood, these inner-city sections have proven to be particularly vulnerable to the virus.

What if one of these kids brought it home and it killed his Mom or Grandma for example?

WTF is Herm thinking? That these kids were fine perhaps? Being an idiot and misled by misinformation is not an excuse for the CEO. I'm not sure I've seen a more fireable offense. Certainly more heinous than the Arkansas coach

The PAC12 should also take whatever action they have the power to take. The conference stood tall during Covid, was the most conservative conference by far. The conference acted as one that represents institutions of higher learning, and as believers in science. ASU must be punished severely.

Yeah, if something was going to happen, it would have happened by now. Slap on the wrist is all.

NAU better hold onto their butts though.
I don’t think that’s the case. This is a delicate situation with the season being about 45 days away and a ton of evidence and testimony to go through

The PAC12 should also take whatever action they have the power to take. The conference stood tall during Covid, was the most conservative conference by far. The conference acted as one that represents institutions of higher learning, and as believers in science. ASU must be punished severely.
Yes, their football program must be buried in decades-long irrelevance for us to be satisfied. 😆

Herm needs to retire. He's clueless about the world at large and is in his own bubble.

Mia that like a COVID bubble? If so, then maybe Herm believed that he was being cautious?
I just want Herm gone, so the scum devil hype can go away, too…

Back