What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

We now take you to Tempe, AZ

Any thought on if they go back and give ASU losses for the 2020 games they missed due to COVID? Would seem appropriate given the cavalier attitude towards the protocols.
Going back on changing the official results of games be it vacating wins, assigning losses, granting forfeits is one of the least consequential actions that any league or organization can do. In reality nobody ever cares.

Give ASU three losses and the other teams don't celebrate a victory or feel good. The ASU fans look at it and say "who care's" we know we didn't play or lose those games.

Look even at the Kansas basketball national championship that got vacated because of Larry Brown cheating. Do those Kansas fans consider that any less than a championship? Sure they don't have a banner hanging in the fieldhouse but otherwise they don't care and neither does anyone else.

The penalty that matters is taking away scholarships, limiting visits, restricting coaches off-campus recruiting, etc. and a bowl ban if the program is in position to go to one.

Going back on changing the official results of games be it vacating wins, assigning losses, granting forfeits is one of the least consequential actions that any league or organization can do. In reality nobody ever cares.
Tell that to the Fab 5 Michigan team...

The explanation from ASU QB Jayden Daniels’ mom is bizarre. Effectively, she stated on the record that her Google email was hacked and there was credit card fraud. It just so happens that the hackers sent emails in her name to the ASU staff and they charged airline tickets for ASU recruits. Who knew that Russian hackers were such huge ASU football fans?

The weird thing that was in one of those stories was the accusation that ASU hired an Oregon football staffer about 10 days after they upset Oregon a couple of years ago, with the implication being that ASU obtained Oregon's playbooks from said staffer. If that happened, it is unlikely to be the only instance of ASU obtaining "competitive intelligence" on their opponents.

As I posted earlier Herm is tight with a televangelist who was very strong with the virus is a hoax message. I can easily see Herm not only not taking it seriously but being defiant in terms of complying with precautions and rules.

Would not surprise me at all if it were to come out that he encouraged the players to expose themselves to it so they could "get it over with" like a cold or flu. When it lingered around the team he ended up with lost games. Not saying I've seen any specific evidence that he did this but it would fit.

By the way that was the approach that Addazzio started out with in Ft. Collins encouraging his guys to practice with likely positive players.
Wasn’t that the same with LSU?

Does everyone here think Herm will lose his job, or will firing Pearce and/or other assistants be enough?

Also, knowing how slowly the NCAA moves, will this impact the 2021 season at all?
No.
Yes (if even that).
No.

And somehow these ****ers will win the Pac-12. **** like this always happens with embattled teams.

Give ASU three losses and the other teams don't celebrate a victory or feel good. The ASU fans look at it and say "who care's" we know we didn't play or lose those games.

Look even at the Kansas basketball national championship that got vacated because of Larry Brown cheating. Do those Kansas fans consider that any less than a championship? Sure they don't have a banner hanging in the fieldhouse but otherwise they don't care and neither does anyone else.

The penalty that matters is taking away scholarships, limiting visits, restricting coaches off-campus recruiting, etc. and a bowl ban if the program is in position to go to one.
Kind of like vacating the Reggie Bush Heisman. Who was the best player that year? Reggie Bush. Did they award a Heisman to someone else and celebrate it? No.

Herm probably should lose his job over this. I’m maybe 50/50 as to whether that will actually happen. If these allegations are true, he’s at the top of that food chain.

I think the issue will not be the pressure to fire herm, it will be the restrictions the ncaa places on him and then ASU won’t want to go through that and losing their best recruiter in pierce.

Herm was meeting with all of those recruits personally. I think it unlikely that he was that confused as to what was going on.
There’s a case to be crafted that Herm may have been ignorantly complicit. That really isn’t the issue. As Gary Barnett will tell you, that lack of institutional control is what can slap you around.

Oh I think he’s ultimately toast as well, I was just responding to the idea that Pierce is taking all the blame.
I think ASU is going to try to pin this all on Pierce, but it remains to be seen if that tactic will be effective.

Back