What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Well, we suck again. Fire Mac.

Listening to the post game press conference is absolutely nauseating. I can't believe how happy he seems after getting taken to the woodshed like that.
Some people just have an upbeat, cheery outlook no matter what.

Others are just clueless.

Listening to the post game press conference is absolutely nauseating. I can't believe how happy he seems after getting taken to the woodshed like that.
I thought the same thing. Listening to him one would of thought CU had won the game. It was so strange. Who knows...maybe Mike Mac has a deal to step down
and has wanted to do so but wanted to wait till Jay graduates. The whole Tumpkin thing seemed to really have an effect on him. Things just don't sound right.

atomic_bomb_explosion.jpg

RG/AD primed the pump for Mac to coach this team to a bowl with such a soft ooc schedule and he, his coaches have absolutely blown it. 5-0 to 0-5. Laviska played, labored with the offense attached to his back. 10 catches yet we scored 7 pts. Awful.

I’m curious as to what a new head coach will do with a below par offensive line and secondary. magic wand?

I’m curious as to what a new head coach will do with a below par offensive line and secondary. magic wand?
I think the secondary can be pretty damn good next year. I like Abrams. Miller has a ton of potential. We'll be fine with good coaching at S with Maddox, Hypolit and Rakestraw. Not a big concern of mine. In fact, I like all 3 levels of the 2019 defense with the right scheme and coaching.

OL is a different story. So much has to happen on the injury recover front. If you can tell me that Lynott will be 100%, Moretti will be good to go and that Ray will be recovered, then I see potential to make a significant positive jump. But that is a lot of "if".

If I were a donor who invested in the new facilities, I would be all over Rick to make a change....what a complete disaster. We need to make a change. HCMM is all about excuses.

BTW, for those of you who email Rick, do you think his responses are from him, or from his staff?
When I emailed him after OSU, the response sounded like it came from him, and it wasn't a forum letter.

Haven't bothered since, as the response was still fairly much - well just have to see where things go

When I emailed him after OSU, the response sounded like it came from him, and it wasn't a forum letter.

Haven't bothered since, as the response was still fairly much - well just have to see where things go
I wouldn't expect RG to write you a forum letter.

"My doorbell rang. I was nude, but answered it anyway. With my 10 incher swinging proudly, I opened the door to find 2 cheerleaders trying to raise money for new uniforms. Etc., etc."

:ROFLMAO:

I wouldn't expect RG to write you a forum letter.

"My doorbell rang. I was nude, but answered it anyway. With my 10 incher swinging proudly, I opened the door to find 2 cheerleaders trying to raise money for new uniforms. Etc., etc."

:ROFLMAO:
Never post on allbuffs from a cell phone...

I feel for you guys. Wrote a long post but deleted it and will only say this. At the beginning of the season I predicted they wouldn’t win after the first 5 games. Love the Buffs but hope you can get a new good coaching staff. Nothing is what it seems up there and with my insight into the past 6 years I know that it’s time for a change. Good luck and SKO Buffs!!!

I feel for you guys. Wrote a long post but deleted it and will only say this. At the beginning of the season I predicted they wouldn’t win after the first 5 games. Love the Buffs but hope you can get a new good coaching staff. Nothing is what it seems up there and with my insight into the past 6 years I know that it’s time for a change. Good luck and SKO Buffs!!!
It would really be great to understand your perspective. Seems to me all sorts of dysfunction with this staff, and that is likely what you are alluding to.

Most of you know that I had two former Buffs in this program and I have had an insight to things that most do not. They are very proud to be former Buffs and have a college education they earned through the CU program.

I have been ridiculed on the other boards for my thoughts when I used to post in the past but in actuality, most of what I said came to be the truth in the end. My idea of a good coaching staff is taking what talent you have and building a game plan around them that produces positive results. I also think that If you aren't coaching to prepare your kids for the next level then you don't have a coaching staff that is doing their job.

I think that 2016 team was a group of kids that had talent and was tired of losing and came together to make something of their last year. I don't think that the Coach of the Year was the reason. It was the kids determination to go out as winners even though the championship game and Alamo Bowl were a disaster.

In 2017, the whole suspension thing was a farce, they set G5 and Jeromy up to take a fall for a lackluster season that they knew was coming. I had to read Coach Adams comments blaming Jeromy when in reality Adams wasn't doing HIS job. He was willing to let him take the fall to keep his high paying job. It made me even more sick to watch a game THIS season and hear the commentators talk about the same bull crap about last season and lack of leadership which would have included Phillip Lindsay, whom I just love to death and was such an outstanding Buff. Let me tell you something, leadership starts at the top PERIOD. When I found out the details of the suspension it only strengthened my suspicions that they would say or do anything to divert the true responsibility of the team's lack of performance to someone other than the coaches.

I have sat back this year and watched some of the games and wondered, "Well, who are they going to blame this year?" Maybe now the coaches will be held accountable for the teams lack of performance. I know that when Jeromy was drafted as a free agent this year and went to the Saints rookie camp and was released shortly thereafter, he came home and said, " Mom, I was not prepared with the proper training to compete on this level". He decided to rest his beat up body and pursue his future and leave football behind.

Disclaimer: These are my opinions solely and I am totally responsible for what was said in this post.

Back