What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Well, we suck again. Fire Mac.

Fire him Sunday after senior day. Just do it. Let the staff figure out the last week and see if the senior leadership is what HCMM said it was.
The risk (don't laugh) is that the Buffs win against Utah and that would make it very awkward from a PR standpoint.

If the RG has decided that MacIntyre is done then he should announce it now, whether or not he intends to let MM coach the season out.

Chev better hope that's the case. THis offense has gotten more vanilla every week to the point where I miss Lindgren a lot. It's a complete loss of confidence in his own scheme by the OC. Godawful.
Feels to me like he's trying to protect the defense and cover up for the OL. Basically, exactly what we saw from Lindgren and how it was clear he was handcuffed.

I go back and forth on this.

One reason I don't think I should care is that I believe that if MM was offered a job today that he really wanted, he'd take it. I don't for a second believe he has told his agent that he doesn't want to hear about other offers until after Senior Day.
If RG is ready to move on, and I think he is, then I expect that he's working right now to secure the next coach and his staff (especially with the publicity regarding Kansas interest in Les). Assuming that, then I would not see a reason to fire him before the Utah game. If we beat Utah, then he can wait to fire him until the end of the season (likely with Mac moving on to another job). If we lose, then he can fire him on Sunday.

The only PR problem is going to be if RG doesn’t fire him after going 5 up and 5 down with excuse after excuse. Even if the last two are won, you don’t keep him because he happened to f up his way to winning the games. These guys are pedestrian now. I don’t know if it’s coming from Chev to Adams to Mac or straight to MM and he up votes it or not. This thing has gone straight to literally two plays; outside throws and if it’s a first down, try to bust one with McMillan. Maybe three: any pass pattern short of the sticks.

Appreciate your in depth honesty. Sometimes posts like this can be spiteful sour grapes but think this is another great data point reflecting the cowardice of some of the coaching staff towards being leaders, taking responsibility for the product they recruited, coached and put on the field.

I’ve lost tons of respect for Mac and staff. He was making more excuses after yesterday’s loss as well. It’s gutless.

If life gives you some sour grapes, make some wine!! I want you all to know that in the game room of my home, I proudly display my two Buffs Jerseys, memorabilia and Sean's Trophy from the Alamo Bowl. CU will always be a part of my home for now, until the kids come asking for them to grace their home someday.

If RG is ready to move on, and I think he is, then I expect that he's working right now to secure the next coach and his staff (especially with the publicity regarding Kansas interest in Les). Assuming that, then I would not see a reason to fire him before the Utah game. If we beat Utah, then he can wait to fire him until the end of the season (likely with Mac moving on to another job). If we lose, then he can fire him on Sunday.
As long as there's no downside to making the hire he wants to make and he's got full authority to make a decision on MM, then RG may as well let things play out in the hope that MM wins a game or two and is able to leave for a new job without having to fire him.

My logical side agrees with you. My emotional side has taken over a few of my posts because I'm pissed off and just done.

If HCMM returns for next season I can see the Buffs losing 10 games. Y'all should take a look at the schedule. Outside of CSU and Air Force good luck.

honestly, at this point, i think whether or not our Buffs win any or all of the final 2 is irrelevant to whether mm is retained.

i'd prefer to see wins. and a bowl game. and whatever the future brings us in a new head coach.

i've seen enough of this coach to believe that a change should be made. and, i would be stunned if the CUAD doesn't see that as well.

I think the idea (or hope) that MacIntyre will be hired away is a pipe dream. He is not in demand, he has only had two winning seasons in 10 years. Who is going to pay him enough to have him forgo the $10 million that CU owes him.

Although the odds have shifted a little, I still do not believe it is a sure thing he is fired. If he wins the last 2 games and goes to a bowl (maybe even wins the Bowl) then I believe it is hard to justify firing him.

honestly, at this point, i think whether or not our Buffs win any or all of the final 2 is irrelevant to whether mm is retained.

i'd prefer to see wins. and a bowl game. and whatever the future brings us in a new head coach.

i've seen enough of this coach to believe that a change should be made. and, i would be stunned if the CUAD doesn't see that as well.

I think the reason we've not seen a move is 7-5 (which seems like the magic number for him to stay given what I've seen) is still feasible, albeit not likely. Unless the regents get involved and tell RG he can't make a move for financial reasons, I would expect a move to be made after another loss. Wanted to respond to @BlackNGold's post-I don't think any power 5 AD in their right mind is going to hire MM right now......but I think a program like San Jose State or New Mexico could hire him (somebody looking for a coach who can bring a program back to respectability) and give us a break that way.

Last edited:
Most of you know that I had two former Buffs in this program and I have had an insight to things that most do not. They are very proud to be former Buffs and have a college education they earned through the CU program.

I have been ridiculed on the other boards for my thoughts when I used to post in the past but in actuality, most of what I said came to be the truth in the end. My idea of a good coaching staff is taking what talent you have and building a game plan around them that produces positive results. I also think that If you aren't coaching to prepare your kids for the next level then you don't have a coaching staff that is doing their job.

I think that 2016 team was a group of kids that had talent and was tired of losing and came together to make something of their last year. I don't think that the Coach of the Year was the reason. It was the kids determination to go out as winners even though the championship game and Alamo Bowl were a disaster.

In 2017, the whole suspension thing was a farce, they set G5 and Jeromy up to take a fall for a lackluster season that they knew was coming. I had to read Coach Adams comments blaming Jeromy when in reality Adams wasn't doing HIS job. He was willing to let him take the fall to keep his high paying job. It made me even more sick to watch a game THIS season and hear the commentators talk about the same bull crap about last season and lack of leadership which would have included Phillip Lindsay, whom I just love to death and was such an outstanding Buff. Let me tell you something, leadership starts at the top PERIOD. When I found out the details of the suspension it only strengthened my suspicions that they would say or do anything to divert the true responsibility of the team's lack of performance to someone other than the coaches.

I have sat back this year and watched some of the games and wondered, "Well, who are they going to blame this year?" Maybe now the coaches will be held accountable for the teams lack of performance. I know that when Jeromy was drafted as a free agent this year and went to the Saints rookie camp and was released shortly thereafter, he came home and said, " Mom, I was not prepared with the proper training to compete on this level". He decided to rest his beat up body and pursue his future and leave football behind.

Disclaimer: These are my opinions solely and I am totally responsible for what was said in this post.

Ann, your son's paid for their time at CU with blood, sweat, and scar tissue. Some things in their bodies won't be right the rest of their lives so they have more of a right to their opinions than those of us who are "just fans."

This coaching staff has done a lot of good things for this program. We were a laughing stock, now we at least look like a major college team. I do feel bad though for the players who deserve a better opportunity to win, who have made or are making those sacrifices with a coaching staff that doesn't give them an opportunity to be fully rewarded for their efforts and talents.

I hope that you stay a part of our community here and continue your support of our players. Your son's didn't get to enjoy the number of wins they deserved but I hope they know that we appreciate them for being key parts in the foundation of the return to respectability of Colorado football.

I think the idea (or hope) that MacIntyre will be hired away is a pipe dream. He is not in demand, he has only had two winning seasons in 10 years. Who is going to pay him enough to have him forgo the $10 million that CU owes him.

Although the odds have shifted a little, I still do not believe it is a sure thing he is fired. If he wins the last 2 games and goes to a bowl (maybe even wins the Bowl) then I believe it is hard to justify firing him.

RG is not waiting around to see if wins the bowl game or not. The decision comes one way or another after the Cal game (at the latest).

RG is not waiting around to see if wins the bowl game or not. The decision comes one way or another after the Cal game (at the latest).
I suspect that the decision has already been made and it's only a matter of playing things out to a script at this point that could include RG working with Sexton to find a job for MM and MM possibly helping himself in that regard by winning another game or two.

If life gives you some sour grapes, make some wine!! I want you all to know that in the game room of my home, I proudly display my two Buffs Jerseys, memorabilia and Sean's Trophy from the Alamo Bowl. CU will always be a part of my home for now, until the kids come asking for them to grace their home someday.

CU was lucky to have such great kids grace the program. I hoped the coaching was on the right track with your kids and how other players showed great promise in 2016. It sucks that we got fooled during Mac’s amateur hour act for the past few years.

I think the reason we've not seen a move is 7-5 (which seems like the magic number for him to stay given what I've seen) is still feasible, albeit not likely. Unless the regents get involved and tell RG he can't make a move for financial reasons, I would expect a move to be made after another loss. Wanted to respond to @BlackNGold's post-I don't think any power 5 AD in their right mind is going to hire MM right now......but I think a program like San Jose State or New Mexico could hire him (somebody looking for a coach who can bring a program back to respectability) and give us a break that way.

Those two jobs you mention pay about $600,000 a year. MacIntyre is not going to quit CU and forgo his $3+ Million per year over the next 3 years. He will wait to be fired. Also if CU takes the approach to wait to see if someone will hire him instead of firing him outright, that handcuffs them from finding another coach.

I go back and forth on this.

One reason I don't think I should care is that I believe that if MM was offered a job today that he really wanted, he'd take it. I don't for a second believe he has told his agent that he doesn't want to hear about other offers until after Senior Day.
I don't think people will be beating down the doors to get at Mac.

National impression of him seems much more positive than I expected. Been seeing quite a few tweets from non CU fans where people are surprised as hell the MM would be on the hot seat here. Comments like "he made them relevant again". There are programs that I would think are in a position where having a coach that can put out a dumpster fire and rebuild to respectability is pretty damn appealing.

I disagree.....

perfect-way-eat-burger-with-no-mess-sticky-fingers-according-science.1280x600.jpg

Back