What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Well, we suck again. Fire Mac.

If he is going to be fired, then they need to do it. No need to wait if it is inevitable. I do feel bad for JMac, but is what it is.

I feel bad for JMac as well but that is the risk of bringing your kid onto a team you coach. I would never do it and would use my coaching contacts to get him to another school

Most of you know that I had two former Buffs in this program and I have had an insight to things that most do not. They are very proud to be former Buffs and have a college education they earned through the CU program.

I have been ridiculed on the other boards for my thoughts when I used to post in the past but in actuality, most of what I said came to be the truth in the end. My idea of a good coaching staff is taking what talent you have and building a game plan around them that produces positive results. I also think that If you aren't coaching to prepare your kids for the next level then you don't have a coaching staff that is doing their job.

I think that 2016 team was a group of kids that had talent and was tired of losing and came together to make something of their last year. I don't think that the Coach of the Year was the reason. It was the kids determination to go out as winners even though the championship game and Alamo Bowl were a disaster.

In 2017, the whole suspension thing was a farce, they set G5 and Jeromy up to take a fall for a lackluster season that they knew was coming. I had to read Coach Adams comments blaming Jeromy when in reality Adams wasn't doing HIS job. He was willing to let him take the fall to keep his high paying job. It made me even more sick to watch a game THIS season and hear the commentators talk about the same bull crap about last season and lack of leadership which would have included Phillip Lindsay, whom I just love to death and was such an outstanding Buff. Let me tell you something, leadership starts at the top PERIOD. When I found out the details of the suspension it only strengthened my suspicions that they would say or do anything to divert the true responsibility of the team's lack of performance to someone other than the coaches.

I have sat back this year and watched some of the games and wondered, "Well, who are they going to blame this year?" Maybe now the coaches will be held accountable for the teams lack of performance. I know that when Jeromy was drafted as a free agent this year and went to the Saints rookie camp and was released shortly thereafter, he came home and said, " Mom, I was not prepared with the proper training to compete on this level". He decided to rest his beat up body and pursue his future and leave football behind.

Disclaimer: These are my opinions solely and I am totally responsible for what was said in this post.

Thanks for posting.

It's no accident that CU hasn't had an offensive lineman drafted since Bakhtiari. We had an incredibly bad design to the S&C program in MM's initial staff to the continued wrong emphasis on the wrong things. We've had a meh OL coach with Bernardi replaced by an incompetent OL coach with Adams. We've had an offensive scheme that puts the OL in horrible spots (sometimes impossible when blitzed in certain ways) if the timing from the QB isn't super quick and the receivers aren't able to get open immediately. We've had a blocking scheme that doesn't emphasize or even give linemen an opportunity to do what they enjoy, have an advantage over DLs & LBs on, and wins football games in the trenches -- having them go forward and pound on guys.

Again... why? This class is not anything special.

If anything, a new coach might be able to make some nice flips late.

Yup. One subpar class won't kill us now. If you have to go grad transfer and JUCO to fill holes then do it.

I really thought we'd see recruiting take off after the new facilities were built. This is our 3rd season with those new digs and we can't crack the top 30. So disappointing.

Yup. One subpar class won't kill us now. If you have to go grad transfer and JUCO to fill holes then do it.

I really thought we'd see recruiting take off after the new facilities were built. This is our 3rd season with those new digs and we can't crack the top 30. So disappointing.
on top of our own woes the whole pac 12 seems to be in a downward spiral

Most of you know that I had two former Buffs in this program and I have had an insight to things that most do not. They are very proud to be former Buffs and have a college education they earned through the CU program.

I have been ridiculed on the other boards for my thoughts when I used to post in the past but in actuality, most of what I said came to be the truth in the end. My idea of a good coaching staff is taking what talent you have and building a game plan around them that produces positive results. I also think that If you aren't coaching to prepare your kids for the next level then you don't have a coaching staff that is doing their job.

I think that 2016 team was a group of kids that had talent and was tired of losing and came together to make something of their last year. I don't think that the Coach of the Year was the reason. It was the kids determination to go out as winners even though the championship game and Alamo Bowl were a disaster.

In 2017, the whole suspension thing was a farce, they set G5 and Jeromy up to take a fall for a lackluster season that they knew was coming. I had to read Coach Adams comments blaming Jeromy when in reality Adams wasn't doing HIS job. He was willing to let him take the fall to keep his high paying job. It made me even more sick to watch a game THIS season and hear the commentators talk about the same bull crap about last season and lack of leadership which would have included Phillip Lindsay, whom I just love to death and was such an outstanding Buff. Let me tell you something, leadership starts at the top PERIOD. When I found out the details of the suspension it only strengthened my suspicions that they would say or do anything to divert the true responsibility of the team's lack of performance to someone other than the coaches.

I have sat back this year and watched some of the games and wondered, "Well, who are they going to blame this year?" Maybe now the coaches will be held accountable for the teams lack of performance. I know that when Jeromy was drafted as a free agent this year and went to the Saints rookie camp and was released shortly thereafter, he came home and said, " Mom, I was not prepared with the proper training to compete on this level". He decided to rest his beat up body and pursue his future and leave football behind.

Disclaimer: These are my opinions solely and I am totally responsible for what was said in this post.

Appreciate your in depth honesty. Sometimes posts like this can be spiteful sour grapes but think this is another great data point reflecting the cowardice of some of the coaching staff towards being leaders, taking responsibility for the product they recruited, coached and put on the field.

I’ve lost tons of respect for Mac and staff. He was making more excuses after yesterday’s loss as well. It’s gutless.

Last edited:
Call me crazy, and I know this has been debated ad nauseum in the past, but I don't want to beat Cal and get some ****ty bowl game by the skin of our horrible season-ass teeth.
Thing is, without their starting QB or starting RB, I feel like we probably have a better shot at eking out a win vs Utah at home. But then go into Berkley and get blown apart. Now we're bowl eligible, but not in a good way.

Thing is, without their starting QB or starting RB, I feel like we probably have a better shot at eking out a win vs Utah at home. But then go into Berkley and get blown apart. Now we're bowl eligible, but not in a good way.
Cal isn’t blowing anyone apart. Their offense is dog s**t.

You see Utah yesterday vs Oregon? They were actually able to overcome injuries to multiple key players and beat a solid team. CU isn’t beating them next week.

You see Utah yesterday vs Oregon? They were actually able to overcome injuries to multiple key players and beat a solid team. CU isn’t beating them next week.
Yeah. But that's why I said we probably had a better shot at beating Utah than Cal. Not that we would beat Utah.

I think the first chance that we will see a move would be after the Senior Day if we lose to Utah. Let the Seniors have their day, make it about them, and then move on. Would maybe put a spark in the team for Cal but at a minimum it would get us rolling with the search

I can’t believe he isn’t fired yet.
Who on staff would be remotely qualified to take over as interim HC? I was thinking about it and there is just nobody there. I don’t care either way, but I’d just assume they announce a KU type of situation where MM just finishes out the last two games, but it’s is known he won’t be back.

Who on staff would be remotely qualified to take over as interim HC? I was thinking about it and there is just nobody there. I don’t care either way, but I’d just assume they announce a KU type of situation where MM just finishes out the last two games, but it’s is known he won’t be back.
My only hope is they’ve told him privately he won’t be back and are giving him a couple weeks to look for a new gig so when it’s announced it will look like a mutual parting rather than a firing. Might be wishful thinking, but Mac probably deserves that consideration for all he has done here.

Maybe we should just let random fans on Twitter using #CUBuffsNextPlay coach the team. We'd still lose, but the shenanigans might be epic!

But seriously - interim head coach Chev? Eliot? Oy.
If we're being real, "Interim HC" doesn't usually amount to much of anything important. But we have 1 situation where it could pay dividends.

If I'm RG, I probably let Chev have it as a resume builder, help him grow a bit with a different role, and maybe give him an opportunity to show that the issues on offense were based on him not being able to implement his vision as an audition to be retained by whomever gets hired as HC.

Fire him Sunday after senior day. Just do it. Let the staff figure out the last week and see if the senior leadership is what HCMM said it was.

Fire him Sunday after senior day. Just do it. Let the staff figure out the last week and see if the senior leadership is what HCMM said it was.
I go back and forth on this.

One reason I don't think I should care is that I believe that if MM was offered a job today that he really wanted, he'd take it. I don't for a second believe he has told his agent that he doesn't want to hear about other offers until after Senior Day.

If we're being real, "Interim HC" doesn't usually amount to much of anything important. But we have 1 situation where it could pay dividends.

If I'm RG, I probably let Chev have it as a resume builder, help him grow a bit with a different role, and maybe give him an opportunity to show that the issues on offense were based on him not being able to implement his vision as an audition to be retained by whomever gets hired as HC.
Chev better hope that's the case. THis offense has gotten more vanilla every week to the point where I miss Lindgren a lot. It's a complete loss of confidence in his own scheme by the OC. Godawful.

Chev better hope that's the case. THis offense has gotten more vanilla every week to the point where I miss Lindgren a lot. It's a complete loss of confidence in his own scheme by the OC. Godawful.

We saw what our offense could look like with a solid OL from wazzu. With the likes of Kaiser turned about looking at his man pressuring Montez, the misery of the OL just oozes from every play.

Back