What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Well, we suck again. Fire Mac.

National impression of him seems much more positive than I expected. Been seeing quite a few tweets from non CU fans where people are surprised as hell the MM would be on the hot seat here. Comments like "he made them relevant again". There are programs that I would think are in a position where having a coach that can put out a dumpster fire and rebuild to respectability is pretty damn appealing.
Fair enough. I hope so.

National impression of him seems much more positive than I expected. Been seeing quite a few tweets from non CU fans where people are surprised as hell the MM would be on the hot seat here. Comments like "he made them relevant again". There are programs that I would think are in a position where having a coach that can put out a dumpster fire and rebuild to respectability is pretty damn appealing.
There was a reddit thread recently asking if he should be fired and a good 75% thought CU fans were crazy and something about 10 wins and that it was a guaranteed way to go 3-9 every year. I really don't know what they think we'd be going if we didn't have ridiculously easy OOCs.

After seeing quotes like this I want him fired even more. If you want to compete with the top teams (and maybe even beat them once in a while) you need a coach who can man the F up:

"I've never had a season where going into the 10th game of the year we had nine starters out that started the first game. Nine," he said. "And four other significant players out. I've never had that happen. Basically, a third of your guys that you play, that you count on to win games, aren't out there."

Most of you know that I had two former Buffs in this program and I have had an insight to things that most do not. They are very proud to be former Buffs and have a college education they earned through the CU program.

I have been ridiculed on the other boards for my thoughts when I used to post in the past but in actuality, most of what I said came to be the truth in the end. My idea of a good coaching staff is taking what talent you have and building a game plan around them that produces positive results. I also think that If you aren't coaching to prepare your kids for the next level then you don't have a coaching staff that is doing their job.

I think that 2016 team was a group of kids that had talent and was tired of losing and came together to make something of their last year. I don't think that the Coach of the Year was the reason. It was the kids determination to go out as winners even though the championship game and Alamo Bowl were a disaster.

In 2017, the whole suspension thing was a farce, they set G5 and Jeromy up to take a fall for a lackluster season that they knew was coming. I had to read Coach Adams comments blaming Jeromy when in reality Adams wasn't doing HIS job. He was willing to let him take the fall to keep his high paying job. It made me even more sick to watch a game THIS season and hear the commentators talk about the same bull crap about last season and lack of leadership which would have included Phillip Lindsay, whom I just love to death and was such an outstanding Buff. Let me tell you something, leadership starts at the top PERIOD. When I found out the details of the suspension it only strengthened my suspicions that they would say or do anything to divert the true responsibility of the team's lack of performance to someone other than the coaches.

I have sat back this year and watched some of the games and wondered, "Well, who are they going to blame this year?" Maybe now the coaches will be held accountable for the teams lack of performance. I know that when Jeromy was drafted as a free agent this year and went to the Saints rookie camp and was released shortly thereafter, he came home and said, " Mom, I was not prepared with the proper training to compete on this level". He decided to rest his beat up body and pursue his future and leave football behind.

Disclaimer: These are my opinions solely and I am totally responsible for what was said in this post.
Great post. Thank you. I doubt many see how hard it is to be the parent of a player.

IMHO Ga Tech would take him. I think going back to Atlanta to the ACC would be a good move for him. The fan base has grown weary of Paul Johnson. The wishbone was supposed to separate him from the rest of the ACC and it did for a while. The ACC finally caught up and has shut it down especially teams that had all kinds of problems with it; Clemson for one.

After seeing quotes like this I want him fired even more. If you want to compete with the top teams (and maybe even beat them once in a while) you need a coach who can man the F up:

"I've never had a season where going into the 10th game of the year we had nine starters out that started the first game. Nine," he said. "And four other significant players out. I've never had that happen. Basically, a third of your guys that you play, that you count on to win games, aren't out there."
I said it in another thread, but I wish someone would have followed up that chicken **** comment with, “Doesn’t this speak to the lack of depth being recruited and developed during your tenure here?”

IMHO Ga Tech would take him. I think going back to Atlanta to the ACC would be a good move for him. The fan base has grown weary of Paul Johnson. The wishbone was supposed to separate him from the rest of the ACC and it did for a while. The ACC finally caught up and has shut it down especially teams that had all kinds of problems with it; Clemson for one.
I think they've won a few in a row. But it still could be over, I'd think, if Georgia blows their doors off.

I suspect that the decision has already been made and it's only a matter of playing things out to a script at this point that could include RG working with Sexton to find a job for MM and MM possibly helping himself in that regard by winning another game or two.
Who would pay Sexton? Your scenario seems far fetched.

I said it in another thread, but I wish someone would have followed up that chicken **** comment with, “Doesn’t this speak to the lack of depth being recruited and developed during your tenure here?”

Good point, and that's a big fail on the media's part

I suspect that the decision has already been made and it's only a matter of playing things out to a script at this point that could include RG working with Sexton to find a job for MM and MM possibly helping himself in that regard by winning another game or two.
If you think the decision has been made, do you think MMac is gone or RG has decided the number of regular season games we have win for him to stay. I can see at this point RG deciding MMac has another year even if we go 5-7.

If you think the decision has been made, do you think MMac is gone or RG has decided the number of regular season games we have win for him to stay. I can see at this point RG deciding MMac has another year even if we go 5-7.
I think he's gone and winning these last 2 weeks would only pave the way for avoiding the payoff of the contract because MM could choose to leave for another program that wouldn't look like a demotion.

I’d like to think you’re right but fear the buyout has MM staying one more.
I really don't think that's an issue. RG's avoided any significant new expenditures for a while, hasn't announced any new project plans, and Howell said that the $$ are there. I think RG has been building the war chest for his next hire and has focused on raising the endowment and the donor base. This is not the CU athletic department of the past.

I really don't think that's an issue. RG's avoided any significant new expenditures for a while, hasn't announced any new project plans, and Howell said that the $$ are there. I think RG has been building the war chest for his next hire and has focused on raising the endowment and the donor base. This is not the CU athletic department of the past.

I sure hope you're right!

Howell was spot on. MM cutting off a question about the slide to talk about injuries as an excuse is egregious. Horrible leadership that promotes a losing culture. I'm angry all over again.
He's been inching in this direction the last few weeks. He's submarining his own culture in order to argue for his job. Another nail in the coffin for him. We've seen his Icarus level.

Also, I've been thinking this for a while, but I'm convinced of it now. No inside info, but HCMM is gone within 48 hours of the final whistle next weekend. Calling it.

He's been inching in this direction the last few weeks. He's submarining his own culture in order to argue for his job. Another nail in the coffin for him. We've seen his Icarus level.
I want him fired now. I mean no waiting.

Put Chev in charge. I've been tough on him, but at least that dude manned up after the USC game and took the blame on himself, saying he had to do better. At least he could start righting this losing culture before the new head coach gets here so we can get a jump on that.

****. I had no idea before I read Howell's piece that the injury comment from MM wasn't in response to a question about injuries but was him cutting off a question about the losing streak. I'm in full outrage now.

I want him fired now. I mean no waiting.

Put Chev in charge. I've been tough on him, but at least that dude manned up after the USC game and took the blame on himself, saying he had to do better. At least he could start righting this losing culture before the new head coach gets here so we can get a jump on that.

****. I had no idea before I read Howell's piece that the injury comment from MM wasn't in response to a question about injuries but was him cutting off a question about the losing streak. I'm in full outrage now.
The last time you went full outrage, the head coach was gone within two weeks. Let's hope RG is on our page.

The last time you went full outrage, the head coach was gone within two weeks. Let's hope RG is on our page.
And if I hear him cite getting a PhD in coaching from the Parcells school again after this excuse making bull****, my head's going to explode. Some of you are probably too young to remember the way Parcells handled injury questions from the media and never brought them up on his own, but everyone here knows what his protege Belichick is like on the subject. This goes so against everything that school teaches and stands for that MacIntyre has no right to claim it after this load of bull****.

Look at whittingham, tells media that the backup is their QB and next man up. They go out execute and win. Confidence.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, MM loading up excuses, not taking any responsibility and cutting off questions to avoid answering for another failed season.

Back