What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

We're actually favorites vs Cal

How many of those teams have been as bad as 2013 Cal? There is a statistical backing that it does add a positive benefit to teams at altitude in basketball, I would assume there is a similar stat that backs that up for football.

Why should the quality of the team have anything to do with the degree to which they are affected by altitude?

As an aside, with regards to Vegas: Vegas lines are chosen to guarantee a profit to the house, regardless of the outcome of the game. They don't reflect the opinions of calculating, neutral experts, by in large: instead, they aggregate information from the betting public, and that includes many woefully-uniformed individuals as well as professional gamblers.

Why should the quality of the team have anything to do with the degree to which they are affected by altitude?

It's just team quality overall. 2013 Cal is probably the worst BCS to come to Folsom in a while. All players get tired from the altitude but better teams are going to have better depth (Cal has had a lot of injuries this year) and probably better athletes.

My guess is that Goff torches CU for 500+ yards and 4+ TDs. Cal may be **** but at least Tedford left athletes that actually belong in the conference. Cal scores points vs their p12 opponents instead of settling for low percentage FGs.

On the road not really

Cal also has 3 very good receivers in Lawler, Treggs, and Harper. I've watched their last two games and they run a lot of quick passes and screens, which seems to be our kryptonite.

I just can't believe we really have any chance in this game. Our offense is mediocre to bad, and our defense is a train wreck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Beating Cal would be a very very good sign. The first step is beating the teams that you "should" beat, then beating the teams that are roughly an even match in terms of talent. I believe things can snowball in games against far superior opponents and can mask legit improvement.

Go ahead and look at both sides of the matchup

Since all teams can basically run circles around our roster, Cal wins this one on talent alone. Since 2010 their recruit classes have ranked 11, 17, 23 and 32 per Rivals. Their guys will be bigger, faster and stronger than ours, just like everyone else in this conference. Sucks.

Since all teams can basically run circles around our roster, Cal wins this one on talent alone. Since 2010 their recruit classes have ranked 11, 17, 23 and 32 per Rivals. Their guys will be bigger, faster and stronger than ours, just like everyone else in this conference. Sucks.
How many of the players from those classes are actually playing? Can you explain why CU is ranked #85 in the Sagarin Rankings and California is #114? Why does THIS site give us a 61.1% chance to beat Cal? Why does Vegas have us favored? Go ahead, explain how your logic surpasses math

Vegas hasn't really been accurate all season when it comes to CU. They had us pegged to lose vs CSU and I think we've been 1 TD from the spread one time this season. Not to mention the spread was +28 last week and we ended up losing by 52.

Basically Vegas calls the teams even and throws CU a bone for home field advantage.

is there a line for Cal QB Jared Goff to have a career day and look like a Heisman candidate?

Vegas hasn't really been accurate all season when it comes to CU. They had us pegged to lose vs CSU and I think we've been 1 TD from the spread one time this season. Not to mention the spread was +28 last week and we ended up losing by 52.

Vegas more often than not is right

We win against Cal.
My apologies to Flukes but the Cal team is falling apart right now. I went to a game and the body language of the players, both on the field and on the sideline, is that of a team that has quit for the year. The scuffle in their locker room, off field issues, etc. all point to a team that is dealing with some serious internal strife and looking forward to the season ending.

On Saturday they will come out with high energy but there will be no determination behind it. If we can play tough and contain them to a touchdown or two in the first two quarters, they will quit and we will win the second half easily.

We need the running game to hammer them hard early so their safeties have to crowd the line, and then it's Prich TD time.

This is our game!!

This is a winnable game. MacIntyre and his staff has to get his team believing that. Cal is the one Pac12 team I have not watched this year so I have no feel for them. The fear I have is CU's inability to put teams away (even our FCS games were competitive until late). If Cal hangs around in the game it could spell trouble. Both teams are tired of losing - we will see which team wants to change their destiny more. Cal is playing a lot of young guys and CU is playing at Home. I would give the edge to CU but it is a thin edge.

I've seen Cal a couple times. They look confused. Like they don't quite know what they're supposed to be doing at any given time. They have talent. They have speed, size, strength. But they lack cohesiveness. The thing is, that cohesiveness is something they can eventually put together. Size, strength, and speed isn't.

I've seen Cal a couple times. They look confused. Like they don't quite know what they're supposed to be doing at any given time. They have talent. They have speed, size, strength. But they lack cohesiveness. The thing is, that cohesiveness is something they can eventually put together. Size, strength, and speed isn't.

They have also been decimated by injuries which doesnt help your cause either, they remind me of 2006 us. On paper they should have some players but coaching, injuries and general turmoil are preventing them from putting it together.

The trick to this weeks game is to come out and hit Cal hard right away. Jump up by 14 points in the first quarter, and they'll fold. If they stick around until the 4th quarter, they have the horses to pull out the game.

that is what is going to doom us I'm afraid. They, like everyone else, are not afraid of our altitude either...way overrated.

We win against Cal.
My apologies to Flukes but the Cal team is falling apart right now. I went to a game and the body language of the players, both on the field and on the sideline, is that of a team that has quit for the year. The scuffle in their locker room, off field issues, etc. all point to a team that is dealing with some serious internal strife and looking forward to the season ending.

On Saturday they will come out with high energy but there will be no determination behind it. If we can play tough and contain them to a touchdown or two in the first two quarters, they will quit and we will win the second half easily.

We need the running game to hammer them hard early so their safeties have to crowd the line, and then it's Prich TD time.

This is our game!!

I don't think that our team has quit per se. I just think that they've been completely demoralized more than a few times. This game is a head scratcher. I wouldn't be surprised to see a 7-6 or 55-51 game or a complete blow out. Who wins? Got me...

1468694_10201695085952388_815700497_n.jpg

How many of the players from those classes are actually playing? Can you explain why CU is ranked #85 in the Sagarin Rankings and California is #114? Why does THIS site give us a 61.1% chance to beat Cal? Why does Vegas have us favored? Go ahead, explain how your logic surpasses math

Sorry bud but being ranked 85 and 114 respectively means absolutely nothing at that point. Just means that both teams are ****. 61% sounds like a lock!

Back