What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

We're actually favorites vs Cal

We're actually favorites vs Cal

CU will find away to **** that up too. That is what we do, at CU.

Most of you are missing the significance of this game. This is the real test for MM. This is a very big game in my opinion. This, and the UU game, will tell you a lot about what kind of coach CU has.

Most of you are missing the significance of this game. This is the real test for MM. This is a very big game in my opinion. This, and the UU game, will tell you a lot about what kind of coach CU has.

You're probably right, which makes me feel even ****tier.

Although we shouldn't put too much importance on the UU game. They are also much more talented than us. Their d-line will probably tear our o-line to shreds. Hopefully the coaching staff can put something in place to allow Sefo a little time, but we won't be able to run for ****, and there probably won't be much to throw. They made Kelly look like a scared little girl for most of the game last Saturday.

The only thing we have going for us is that Wilson is regressing as the season goes on, but given our penchant for making QBs look like #1 draft picks, I'm not too sure that will carry over.

Honestly, I think this game is bigger to Cal. Their AD is reeling, their new coach is flailing, they have lost 12 straight PAC 12 games and 14 overall to FBS teams. Losing to CU would push them over the cliff.

Meanwhile, it's big to CU of course, but we have the right coach and are on an upward trajectory (albeit glacial). MikeMac is 1-0 vs. Dykes, BTW...

So you've got nothing

Meh. About as much as you. I know that Tedford left Cal a hell of a lot more talent across the board than Hawk or Embo. There are quite a few that still play per their depth chart. All 4 starting Olinemen 4* recruits, 4* WR, 4* RB, 4* DT, 4* DB, 4* QB. So far every team with superior talent than CU has blown our doors off. I don't expect that to change in this game. 61% is a mortal lock though so if you want to bet your penis pump that CU wins based on #85 over #114 I am sure Vegas will let you put your pump where your mouth is.

I will say this... if we lose to Cal this board will be in full-on meltdown mode

Meh. About as much as you. I know that Tedford left Cal a hell of a lot more talent across the board than Hawk or Embo. There are quite a few that still play per their depth chart. All 4 starting Olinemen 4* recruits, 4* WR, 4* RB, 4* DT, 4* DB, 4* QB. So far every team with superior talent than CU has blown our doors off. I don't expect that to change in this game. 61% is a mortal lock though so if you want to bet your penis pump that CU wins based on #85 over #114 I am sure Vegas will let you put your pump where your mouth is.
No, not really. You're looking at Cal in a pretty shallow way. Cool they have talent and have recruited well, but it hasn't translated to the field for a myraid of reasons. Teams win and lose games on more than just talent. You aren't 1-9 overall, with a narrow win over a FCS team at that, if you aren't a bad team. We're not much better, but we are a better team and the only reason we win this game is because it's at home. At Cal and I think we lose.

I'm also not calling it a 'lock', but I'll take basically 60/40 odds for winning all day. I also very, very rarely bet on the Buffs (last time I believe was against USC in bball two years ago).

I will say this... if we lose to Cal this board will be in full-on meltdown mode

Agreed. Win and you can't help but have some optimism about 2014, no matter how bad we lose to USC and Utah. We'll at least know we're not at the very bottom. Lose and the fundraising/attendance downward slope turns into a cliff, continuing a self perpetuating cycle.

Meh. Fewer and fewer of us care these days. Maybe four our five of us will be pissed, and the rest won't give it a second thought.

3ozsqb.jpg

Agreed with both. I think this is a game that Colorado absolutely must have in order to continue building momentum. Lose at home to a horrible Cal team and kiss all positive momentum from early in the season goodbye.

Meanwhile, it's big to CU of course, but we have the right coach and are on an upward trajectory (albeit glacial). MikeMac is 1-0 vs. Dykes, BTW...

I think that MikeMac is actually 1-2 vs. Dykes. I thought I read that SJSU lost their 2010 and 2011 games and won their 2012 vs. Louisiana Tech.

This game is an epic battle between two teams that have mastered the art of losing. If it were possible for both teams to lose that outcome would be the favorite in Vegas.

That said somebody has to win. Cal is more talented than us, who in BCS isn't. That said they are also the one team that may be as messed up this year as we were last year, a team that has bought into losing, that expects to lose and will find ways to do it.

On the other hand despite our lack of talent we have seen a gradual change in our team this year. We have won the game we were supposed to. We have continued to play and fight in most of the games that we had already lost due to the talent differences that led to us being out of games on the scoreboard.

Would I bet my mortgage on this game, I wouldn't even bet a dollar or a donut on this game. At the same time I do think that this week Cal goes home the loser that they have become and our PAC losing streak will be over for at least a week.

This game is an epic battle between two teams that have mastered the art of losing. If it were possible for both teams to lose that outcome would be the favorite in Vegas.

That said somebody has to win. Cal is more talented than us, who in BCS isn't. That said they are also the one team that may be as messed up this year as we were last year, a team that has bought into losing, that expects to lose and will find ways to do it.

On the other hand despite our lack of talent we have seen a gradual change in our team this year. We have won the game we were supposed to. We have continued to play and fight in most of the games that we had already lost due to the talent differences that led to us being out of games on the scoreboard.

Would I bet my mortgage on this game, I wouldn't even bet a dollar or a donut on this game. At the same time I do think that this week Cal goes home the loser that they have become and our PAC losing streak will be over for at least a week.
:iagree:
I wouldn't bet my mortgage on this one, either - but I am cautiously optimistic.

No, not really. You're looking at Cal in a pretty shallow way. Cool they have talent and have recruited well, but it hasn't translated to the field for a myraid of reasons. Teams win and lose games on more than just talent. You aren't 1-9 overall, with a narrow win over a FCS team at that, if you aren't a bad team. We're not much better, but we are a better team and the only reason we win this game is because it's at home. At Cal and I think we lose.

I'm also not calling it a 'lock', but I'll take basically 60/40 odds for winning all day. I also very, very rarely bet on the Buffs (last time I believe was against USC in bball two years ago).
Silence_Crickets.jpg

Kom was sad because he did bet his penis pump.

Correction. It was Twattro that put his pump where his mouth was and Vegas rewarded him. He knew that 61% was the lock of the century. #85 over #114 all day. Nice win for the Buffs. Put that new pump to work Twattro.

Correction. It was Tini that put his pump where his mouth was and Vegas rewarded him. He knew that 61% was the lock of the century. #85 over #114 all day. Nice win for the Buffs.

Sigh, way to eat your crow. Your logic was absolutely correct and that's what we saw on Saturday. Oh wait, no you were completely wrong. Statistics and actual math > your logic

Sigh, way to eat your crow. Your logic was absolutely correct and that's what we saw on Saturday. Oh wait, no you were completely wrong. Statistics and actual math > your logic

Meh... won't be the last time I get it wrong either. Pretty sure I wasnt the only one in the score prediction thread. Buffs finally break their streak of losing to teams with more talent. Its a nice win and a step in the right direction. I hope I am just as wrong about this week too vs USC. What's your math say about this one?

Correction. It was Twattro that put his pump where his mouth was and Vegas rewarded him. He knew that 61% was the lock of the century. #85 over #114 all day. Nice win for the Buffs. Put that new pump to work Twattro.

The inconvenient reality about using Vegas and 5Dimes to justify your prediction when your team is favored is that you also should make the call against your team when the odds (and bookies) go the other way. Live by the math, die by the math.

Back