What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

What grade do you give the 2017 recruiting class?

What grade do you give the 2017 recruiting class?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I give it a A-. Falo, Rodgers, Newman, Lang, and/or Osling would have pushed it up to an A. Colorado had the biggest recruiting class turnaround in the NCAA from last year (65th to 29th), which is phenomenal. However, this team was ranked a top ten team in the latter half of the season, and it would have been nice to see another couple of four stars because we were so good. However, I understand that rebuilding a program doesn't happen in one season, and the seniors "Made CU Good Again" but this 2017 class, and the classes to follow will "Make CU GREAT Again." Go Buffs!

I voted A- based on the massive step up in talent over previous classes, OL & WR recruting was specifically good; keeping most of the top commits from being poached; landing nine guys as January starts; getting the best player in CO; and a QB with the physical tools and early start as the cherry on top.

Solid B+/A- . I Iike the way they got the ASU TE commit away from his family legacy and high school buds. That wouldn't have happened even a year ago.

Can I answer my own question???
STADIUM EXPERIENCE
There must be a string of solid sellouts from here on out, full of very passionate and knowledgeable fans that never again rush the field, because we do not need to do that anymore, and the overall stadium experience is improved as far as video boards, ribbon boards, etc are maximized. Put another $50 million in the old Folsom and we should potentially expect Top 10 classes!

Initially I voted B, but in retrospect I'm thinking A-. We didn't close well, but if you swap the timing of the kids that committed later with the timing of the kids that committed earlier, I'd be raving about this class and would've given it an A+.

B. We're getting better, but we didn't close as strongly as I would have liked and 5/6 out of 12 doesn't deserve an A. We need to judge ourselves relative to our peers, not our own teams of the past.

B

Big step up from previous classes and I like the focus on the lines. It's a middle of the Pac 12 class - pretty solid all around, but also missed out on grabbing one or two elite talents.

Good class that I expect to improve on next year.

Outstanding.

I gave an A- only because we couldnt close a few biggies. That being said the class represents a massive upgrade over previous years and better positions us for the future. This should be the start of something really really good.

Easy A considering recent years, but judging from the past couple months I went with B. And a B is great for us right now.

Edit: Irony is that I bet we get one or two higher rated recruits/don't lose one or two if we didn't get steamrolled in the Pac Champ and Bowl.

Compared to last 10 years A+++. In reality a low B. Newman, Falo,Cotman and we should have got someone who can kick a dam field goal. Another punt returner would have been good (Marcus Mcelroy) .

Compared to last 10 years A+++. In reality a low B. Newman, Falo,Cotman and we should have got someone who can kick a dam field goal. Another punt returner would have been good (Marcus Mcelroy) .
KD as a punt returner or even Miller is soooooo much better than McElroy.

I don't know if anyone has counted, but this class probably had more P5 offers than the last 4 classes combined.

A-

Wouldn't you say that just the quality of our O line alone should bump us from, say, a "B" to a "B+"? (For those who voted "B".) Maybe someone should do a "position by position" grade. Not me though.

I don't know if anyone has counted, but this class probably had more P5 offers than the last 4 classes combined.

A-
I believe it is posted in the signing day thread. And your gut is right - an average of about 4.5 P5 offers per signee vs. an average of 0.5 three and four classes ago (last year was half way in between these two)

WR group - A+

I can't believe the quality of WRs we'll have in the program.

We can go 5 wide with high level P5 talent.

B+

Relatively speaking a solid all around class. Strikeouts in the secondary and DL would have pushes us higher

I'm not a recruiting expert by any means. I look at the class we have coming in compared to the guys who are going out and it looks to me like a pretty solid talent upgrade. I also think the grade is more "pass/fail" than A,B,C,D,F. They passed.

I gave it a B, because I think grade inflation has made America soft. I do like the ability to plug holes via JC transfers and hope that continues.

I gave it an A. For me it was more like A/A- but I can't put it in the B range. Next year this same recruiting class would probably be a B/B-, but where they came from and where they have been I have to give it an A.

Compared to recent years this class is an A, but this class is right at where CU must be every year in the future to compete consistently against the top teams in the PAC....and based on that this class would get a B- or C+....start comparing the class with where CU needs to be to compete on a regular basis to be in the top ten (Which is where CU was in the 90's) and this class would be a C- or D+. I am extremely happy with this class, but recognize that this is only the start. I know CU is focusing on the New Era, but if you ask me the Rise must continue.

A-/B+
This staff did a tremendous job this year in recruiting to sell a vision that hadn't happen until mid-way to end of the season. Need to remember they had 17 or so kids committed before the season even started, so gotta give props there.

Always going to have kids flip at some point when you fill up so fast, so they ultimately did a great job keeping most of the ones who were getting poached. Safety and nose tackle are probably the two question marks from this class. We shall see how those players develop. Will also be interesting to see if we can take a step forward with some of the new D staff in recruiting.

CU was ranked in the 60's and 70's the previous 4 or so classes, so following recruiting this year was a blast and hope it keeps trending forward.

I gave it a B cause the curve is higher after this year. We can't grade ourselves against the previous ten years. That would be setting the bar so low that even a CSU class would start to look not so bad.

I think that we have to grade ourselves against our peers, and that is the PAC12. Against them we are the 6th or 7th class, so that would put us at a solid C. However, MM has proven himself as a solid evaluator and developer of underappreciated talent. So our class is probably better than it is ranked and I think we get a solid letter grade jump there.

We have an embarrassment of riches at WR and OL. We have some good linebackers in this class. Safety is a weak spot and we know how important NT is in this defense. Not having a blue chip NT is a little depressing, given that we had so many solid interests that fell through. I am hoping that Sami is the buried jewel that I think he may be.

I don't know if I agree about NT, safety, absolutely. I think Edwards will be a beast at NT or at least I'm hoping that. The rest I agree with.

Back