What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

What is your favorite tailgate beer?

Like a lot of you mentioned I also am seasonal. For some reason I only drink wine in the winter. I am more of a whiskey drinker, I wash my Coors down with Bourbon. 1st. choice Michters if I am flush, 2nd choice Knob Creek, 3rd choice Makers Mark, Old reliable Jack Daniels.

Same goes for hot tubbing. IPAs and 101 degree water = 7am bag of smashed apples.
I made that mistake this summer and took a six pack of Dorado double IPA(10%) out because I could. Not smart.

Edit: Tailgate beer is anything under 5%. Doesn't matter what it is.

Yuengling - although I've only ever managed to do it twice - both bad experiences. But for some reason, I love that beer.

If local, Buff Gold is always good
Can you buy Yuengling this far west? Being an east coaster this is always my go to beer at home but I can't find it anywhere on this side of the Mississippi...

This changes for me a lot. A few years ago I loved Chainbreaker IPA because it was mellow (for an IPA) and refreshing. It doesn't taste like it used to though and I'm kind of sick of it.

Right now I'm loving that Great Divide brought back Samurai. It's super mellow (rice beer) but delicious for sessioning

Can you buy Yuengling this far west? Being an east coaster this is always my go to beer at home but I can't find it anywhere on this side of the Mississippi...
Nope, Ohio is the furthest west. Toledo and Ohio St. were the 2 games. Thus, the bad part.

If your answer doesn't begin with "Coors..." than you can get out! Coors is the beer of the University of Colorado. If you answered with any IPA than I will help you move to Fort Collins.

That is all.

If your answer doesn't begin with "Coors..." than you can get out! Coors is the beer of the University of Colorado. If you answered with any IPA than I will help you move to Fort Collins.

That is all.

Can I pack your bags?

IMG_0151.PNG

Not sure if joking - they built it as "a craft beer inside of a corporate brewery" and very specifically kept the Coors label off it so the folks that were turning their noses at the big brands would give it a try and like it on its own merits. I thought most folks new this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Moon_(beer)
yes, joke (note sarcasm font). referencing this story. sorry, too esoteric.

That is all.
Just because they pay money to the school doesn't make it not piss water

That is all.
I have deja vu. You still haven't learned?

St. Bernardus ABT 12 is perhaps the best beer ever made. Belgian Beer that is hard to find.
I don't love that one. Rochefort 10 is amazing, and there are a lot of rarer ones that are delicious but don't market well. Orval is avery different style but my favorite beer in the world. If you like sours, get Boon if can ever find it. I'm not sure they distribute it to the US, but you can find it pretty easily throughout Europe.

We have at least one keg of homebrew flowing through a jockey box every tailgate. Depending on style, we may also have an randalizer stuffed with fresh hops, citrus, other aromatics to give us two varieties.

Not sure if joking - they built it as "a craft beer inside of a corporate brewery" and very specifically kept the Coors label off it so the folks that were turning their noses at the big brands would give it a try and like it on its own merits. I thought most folks new this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Moon_(beer)
And created Blue Moon at Coors Field at the Sandlot Brewery.

Anything that comes in the 30 rack variety, usually PBR. Quantity is key at an all day tailgating event.

I used to be a Silver Bullet fanatic. If I had spent the money I spent on Coors Light on their stock over a 25 year period, I would be a wealthy man today.

Then I found out they produce it with High Fructose Corn Syrup. WTF? I haven't had Silver Bullets on more than 1 or 2 occasions in the past 3 years and only because it was literally the only liquor available.
That food babe blog post on HFCS in beer has been roundly debunked. Any added sugars would be fermented by the yeast and not remain in the finished beer. http://blog.timesunion.com/beer/debunking-8-beers-that-you-should-stop-drinking-immediately/

Back