What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

What's your main criteria for our next Head Coach?

I agree with Bum Phillips. I want a coach that can take his'n and beat ur'n and can take ù'rn and beat his'n.

I agree with Bum Phillips. I want a coach that can take his'n and beat ur'n and can take ù'rn and beat his'n.

i thought that was switzer not bum? but, either of their dead corpses could out-coach most people.

I have longed for a true air raid offense in Boulder. Leach might move on from WSU sooner than later due to $ issues.

Remember when this almost happened?

Kubiak New Colorado Coach?

I sometimes wonder how that would have worked out. I think he would have won big but returned to the NFL after 6 or 7 years. Imagine an alternate timeline where there is no "scandal" and no Hawkins or Embree years...

I have longed for a true air raid offense in Boulder. Leach might move on from WSU sooner than later due to $ issues.
I guess I'm old school, but that isn't what I want.

Give me great defense and hard nosed offensive football based on O-Line play.

My strong belief is that 90% of the time the tougher team wins the football game. And I strongly believe that a program's DNA is based on what the in-state talent has to offer. What the CO prep ranks offers consistently is excellent offensive line prospects. That has to be the foundation of the program or, imo, we're going in the wrong direction.

It could be worse than being annoyed that the Buffs juuuuust can't become national champions because they can't get past Bama in the playoffs. Is that what Les brings?

I guess I'm old school, but that isn't what I want.

Give me great defense and hard nosed offensive football based on O-Line play.

My strong belief is that 90% of the time the tougher team wins the football game. And I strongly believe that a program's DNA is based on what the in-state talent has to offer. What the CO prep ranks offers consistently is excellent offensive line prospects. That has to be the foundation of the program or, imo, we're going in the wrong direction.
personally id like to see an hybrid Offense, some combination stanford and ASU/uw

It could be worse than being annoyed that the Buffs juuuuust can't become national champions because they can't get past Bama in the playoffs. Is that what Les brings?
The idea that Les Miles would be a bad option for CU because his offense got stale at LSU is laughable. I’m not saying he’d be a home run hire, but he’d be a damn good option for this ****ty program

I pray for the day when I'm bitching about averaging 9+ wins a year but that we can't get over on USC most years. ****. If you tell me it will work, I'll go to mass tomorrow and light a candle in hopes that it will make that happen.

The idea that Les Miles would be a bad option for CU because his offense got stale at LSU is laughable. I’m not saying he’d be a home run hire, but he’d be a damn good option for this ****ty program

Seeing as he won a NC, played for another, and had a bunch of 10+ win seasons in the SEC who would you consider to be a 'home run' hire?

Seeing as he won a NC, played for another, and had a bunch of 10+ win seasons in the SEC who would you consider to be a 'home run' hire?
I’m not sure Les would have the recruiting success at CU that he enjoyed at LSU which is why I’m saying it wouldn’t be a home run hire. I’d certainly not complain about him though. A truly Home Run hire would be someone who can recruit his balls off and coach to a Pac 12 Championship level

BTW, after a twitter search I found that KU is convinced Les Miles is going there. I gotta say, I feel good about that competition.

I’m not sure Les would have the recruiting success at CU that he enjoyed at LSU which is why I’m saying it wouldn’t be a home run hire. I’d certainly not complain about him though. A truly Home Run hire would be someone who can recruit his balls off and coach to a Pac 12 Championship level
Perhaps Chris Peterson needs more sunshine.

No I’m not joking Duff. Give me the name of a coach, (that you can actually get to come to CU) and I’ll take Mick McCall. I promise you that Mick’s O Kicks his ass

Jimmy Lake

BTW, here are the conference ranks over the last five years of that offense that kicks so much ass:

2018-12th
2017-4th
2016-7th
2015-14th
2014-12th

Meanwhile, the Northwestern defense has finished in the top half of the conference all five years. Northwestern finished ranked in only two of those seasons. Only one recruiting class ranked in the Top 50.

But yeah, Mick McCall is definitely the answer here.

Back