What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Which assistants should CU consider keeping? Your rating.

I waited to reply to this thread because I didn’t want to be overly harsh with saying I’d be fine if they were all gone. I don’t feel bad saying this now and while MacIntyre took all the blame, they all share in this toxic atmosphere they’ve created. To play this bad for so many weeks is just unreal. Clear the cupboard and start over.

The only way I want any assistant from this staff to remain is if whoever the new HC is truly thinks that assistant is the best for the job. Other than that, I wish them all the best in places away from Boulder.

Katie and Hagan

She’s doing great with academic
Hagan continues to coach up RBs

All others, best wishes and thank you for your support and service.

Katie and Hagan

She’s doing great with academic
Hagan continues to coach up RBs

All others, best wishes and thank you for your support and service.
I love Hagan’s history as a great Buff but he has not recruited to the level we need. We have no depth at running back and McMillian found us, not the other way around. Without McMillian this year, the running back situation looks pretty bad.

Katie Bason... and Maybe Drake and Roper, but only if they are the best for their positions... and that position coach is as high as they should be

OK, so how does a new coach come in and keep all the recruits that we want to keep, especially Evans, and a few of the higher ones, if we get rid of every single coach? I feel like you move Hagan into an Admin position in order to stay with the recruits.

1. Drake made his position group better. M. Johnson was a top 5 player on the team.
2. WRs were most talented overall. Ento and Winfree give me “what could’ve been?!” feelings with how they were under-utilized.
3. OL imploded and so did the offense.
4. LBs... love Landman and excited for Wells too.
5. RBs... Travon gave it his all. Imagine if we could block better! No depth getting much run behind him is troubling.
6. ST... losing Kinney for the bulk of the losing streak was big. He really had a chance to be a huge weapon.
7. QB... Montez has all of the physical tools. His brain doesn’t match up. It is criminal that the backups didn’t get more run.
8. DBs... senior safeties were exposed in coverage a lot. Wanted to see the younger guys more. Wigley has mismatched swagger. Delrick is a nice player but struggled to stay healthy. Miller-Slaughter is the great unknown.

To me Drake is a good asset because of his energy and the fact that his group excelled. Chev is our best recruiter and has nice connections in Texas. I see him staying in a demoted position as WR coach/recruiting ace, but stripped of playcalling duties.

Everyone else? Adios.

Katie isn't an assistant coach, silly obvious for her to stay. DL and maybe LB outperformed most expectations this year, so maybe Drake and Els get a chance.

The entire offensive and defensive philosophies need to be completely reimagined. The new coach will want and need to have his own guys to do that.

Back