What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Will NU win the Big 12?

Will NU win the Big 12?

• yes

Votes: 13 14.8%
  • No, They will continue to be stuck in the 90's

Votes: 75 85.2%

• Total voters
I'm a homer. I voted yes.

I think NU wins the north and gets to San Antonio. We play well there and I think that both OU and UT are down for their respective programs. I think by that time, Sam will have clicked with the offense and NU will just be on a roll all the way around.

Then I think NU loses to Hawai'i in the Fiesta Bowl, a la OU/Boise

ha!

I like your enthusiasm but Sam better be clicking a hell of a lot earlier than the end of the season. If NU loses a couple out of conference (one is all but guaranteed against SC) they will have some mental issues to get over heading into the Big XII.

I am hoping that our meeting in November has implications for both schools.

I also hope that whoever wins the Big XII has distinguished themselves enough to be playing for more than just being the big guy who the cinderella team gets to go toe-to-toe with.

I think they'll be OK but not as good as Fusker fans think. Everyone is pinning their hopes that Keller will be the 2nd coming of Joe Montana but I don't think he'll be as good as they think. It took Taylor a full year to get comfortable in the offense BC runs and Ganz is nothing special plus Callahan has yet to prove he can coach an entire game yet. BC's road record is horrible and he and his staff have not proven they can make adjustments in the game and at halftime so I expect BC's coaching will probably cost them some games.:thumbsup:

Some people on here are obsessed with the Huskers. Why does this thread have 31 (32 with this) replies and the CU thread only has 10?

Some people on here are obsessed with the Huskers. Why does this thread have 31 (32 with this) replies and the CU thread only has 10?

Beacause most fans see the title on that thread and already know we will win it so why look...:smile2:

I think they'll be OK but not as good as Fusker fans think. Everyone is pinning their hopes that Keller will be the 2nd coming of Joe Montana but I don't think he'll be as good as they think. It took Taylor a full year to get comfortable in the offense BC runs and Ganz is nothing special plus Callahan has yet to prove he can coach an entire game yet. BC's road record is horrible and he and his staff have not proven they can make adjustments in the game and at halftime so I expect BC's coaching will probably cost them some games.:thumbsup:

Don't forget Shortbus Watson is the OC now; single back sets, run up the middle run up the middle stupid low % long pass or bubble screen. Yeah I know all you fuskers fans are going to say that 'throatslash calls the plays yada yada yada...' Just know this, the first time this season you throw a bubble screen on 3rd and 8 and gain 2 yards the laughter you will be hearing coming from the south will be all of us buff fans. :lol::thumbsup:

Don't forget Shortbus Watson is the OC now; single back sets, run up the middle run up the middle stupid low % long pass or bubble screen. Yeah I know all you fuskers fans are going to say that 'throatslash calls the plays yada yada yada...' Just know this, the first time this season you throw a bubble screen on 3rd and 8 and gain 2 yards the laughter you will be hearing coming from the south will be all of us buff fans. :lol::thumbsup:

An OC at Nebraska is just a title. BC calls about 80 to 85% of the plays.

Nebraska will lose 3-4 games next year. NU fan will say: "wait till Callahan gets HIS guys" and "the transition from an option attack to the WCO takes time"....as usual.

unless it's the Shawn Watson WCO, which the Nobel physicists at CU had trouble understanding across the street at the Gamow Tower. Watson is a fuggin genius.

Nebraska will lose 3-4 games next year. NU fan will say: "wait till Callahan gets HIS guys" and "the transition from an option attack to the WCO takes time"....as usual.

unless it's the Shawn Watson WCO, which the Nobel physicists at CU had trouble understanding across the street at the Gamow Tower. Watson is a fuggin genius.

But 1 of those games wont be to CU :smile2:

But 1 of those games wont be to CU :smile2:

Actually, Mick meant to say 3-4 before they get to the CU game. So you are correct - none of them will be to CU by that time, but CU will put the exclamation point on them with that 5th loss.

I have to say yes just because I don't think Missery is going to be able to get it done again this year because of the Pinkel factor. I think once NU gets into the title game this year that they are actually going to show up and play and beat OU or Texas in the game. I know I know **** you too

So what are the Buffs fans excuses going to be when Coach Hawkins tanks another year? :smile2: "I knew he should of stuck with BJax!" or "You just wait until little Hawk gets his wings unclipped" :lol:

at Wake Forest - 1st loss
USC - 2 in a row
at Missouri - who knows? It would be Pinkel's biggest win.
at Texas - number 4 or 3 depending on the MU game
at Kansas - don't laugh in 2005 it was 40-15 Jayhawks, and last year OT in
"Stinkin Lincoln"
at CU - it would be Hawkins vision of what up until now has been just alot of
ra ra jive.
NU lost it's entire starting defensive line, and as long as there is Cortney Grixby - why not pick on him all day?

View attachment 1742

So what are the Buffs fans excuses going to be when Coach Hawkins tanks another year? :smile2: "I knew he should of stuck with BJax!" or "You just wait until little Hawk gets his wings unclipped" :lol:

I can say with high confidence you will not be hearing anything like "we should have stuck with Bjax." Hell, you in Stincoln should know - we ran such a limited offense with him at the helm...and your beloved Corn still pulled out all kinds of trick plays to get by us.:cool:

So when are the Puffs gonna catch up?? Doesn't look good for say at least the next 10!!:)
At least the next 10 - what in the hell are you talking about? NU hasn't been ranked in a season ending poll for Callahan's 3 years in Stinkin Lincoln. Kansas,
yes Kansas beat the living **** out of you guys in 2005, and you needed OT to take care of them last year. You jerkoffs are very beatable. Nobody says "oh **** - here comes Nebraska". Teams say - "we can beat these guys". And it ain't just talk, they fully expect to win. Times have changed - you are still stuck in the Osborne years.
View attachment 1743

At least the next 10 - what in the hell are you talking about? NU hasn't been ranked in a season ending poll for Callahan's 3 years in Stinkin Lincoln. Kansas,
yes Kansas beat the living **** out of you guys in 2005, and you needed OT to take care of them last year. You jerkoffs are very beatable. Nobody says "oh **** - here comes Nebraska". Teams say - "we can beat these guys". And it ain't just talk, they fully expect to win. Times have changed - you are still stuck in the Osborne years.
View attachment 1743

Yep, thats what makes husker fans a laughing stock. They are stuck in the 90's, times have changed, they are no longer an elite CF team, they are mediocre at best. As a buff fan, I know my buffs are a far cry from the 90's.

My post was in reference to the Puffs catching up with the Huskers. And it doesn't matter what decade the Huskers are stuck in. We have pretty much kicked the crap out of CU in every one of them!! So far in this decade, NU is 4-3 against CU. No doubt NU will win the next three (which would be 5 in a row to close it out), so that would round out this decade at 7-3 against CU! Sounds about right!:thumbsup:

1960's 7-3 NU
1970's 10-0 NU
1980's 8-2 NU
1990's 8-1-1 NU
2000's 4-3 (so far) NU Expect 7-3

Now I see where the resentment comes from!

Simers wants to experience the run-up to the USC game with Cornhuskers
fans, if any are willing to show him what their lives are like.
July 31 2007

I am writing this now to give the overland stage time to get it there.

USC will be playing in Nebraska on Sept. 15, and I will be joining the
greatest football team ever assembled as they strike out into the
wilderness.

If possible, I'd like to spend time boarding with some corn cobs,
maybe getting a smell of what it's like to be around livestock — then
leaving Lincoln to move around the state and spend a few days here and
there.

A stop in Wahoo at the Wigwam Café is probably a good start, but I was
thinking it'd be interesting to stay with a real-live-boring
Cornhuskers family somewhere out on the prairie so I can feel what
it's like to have nothing to look forward to in my life other than a
Saturday afternoon football game.

I'll be going to Nebraska early in the football week, and while I'm
not sure what corn cob hospitality is like, I'd like to remind folks
that when they came to L.A., I tried to help.

Remember when the Cornhuskers came to the big city to lose in the Rose
Bowl? Everyone here knows there are no individual seats — just long
benches for the skinny people who live here.

I was looking out for the corn-fed porkers, of course, including all
their big-butted women, when I told them that if everyone sat down
after the anthem, there were going to be people falling atop each
other at the end of each row.

A number of corn cobs e-mailed to say they were unhappy with Page 2
but thrilled now to have their very own Internet machines.

They also wanted to tell me about their wonderful lives, kids and the
modern facilities being built right down there by the creek. Well,
there's nothing like a Wal-Mart coming to town to excite the locals,
so I was thrilled for them. But for some reason that didn't come
across in our correspondence, and there might still be some hard
feelings.

I got to thinking last summer, though, as I drove the
family-that-I-used-to-love across Nebraska in a RV what it must be
like to actually live there most every day of your life.

I can't remember for sure if it was Nebraska or Kansas where I saw a
tree, but it just seemed as if there wasn't much there.

That's why the corn cobs love their football. It's all they have,
everyone wearing red, and sitting there like plump, ripe tomatoes with
corncobs stuck to their heads, singing, "There is no place like
Nebraska."

Hard to argue. There's not a 7-Eleven in the entire state, thousands
of people never once tasting a Slurpee, which got me wondering whether
I could live that way for a whole week.

I know there aren't a whole lot of cities in Nebraska, but I'm willing
to spend a few days out yonder with a family if someone would like to
show me what it's like to live without DirecTV and not ask me to kill
a chicken for dinner.

I can play checkers if forced, though, or make a run to the Feed
Store. Right now I'm willing to go wherever the corn cobs tell me to
go, and while several have already done that, I'd like to see for
myself they're not talking about some place in Nebraska.

My post was in reference to the Puffs catching up with the Huskers. And it doesn't matter what decade the Huskers are stuck in. We have pretty much kicked the crap out of CU in every one of them!! So far in this decade, NU is 4-3 against CU. No doubt NU will win the next three (which would be 5 in a row to close it out), so that would round out this decade at 7-3 against CU! Sounds about right!:thumbsup:

1960's 7-3 NU
1970's 10-0 NU
1980's 8-2 NU
1990's 8-1-1 NU
2000's 4-3 (so far) NU Expect 7-3

Now I see where the resentment comes from!

Are you on crack? I seriously doubt Nu wins the next three.:lol::lol:

Thats what other people think of your team/state, taken from the LA times today, I would say SC is not quaking in their boots at the glory of nebraska, here is the thing I think you guys miss, and its not just USC.

Years ago it was about the Match up about how good NU was about tradition, now? your just another top 30 program.

Last edited:
Talent alone will win NU the next three (Coaching is going to show to be much improved now that Cally has the players he needs for his system)!! Recruiting can be a crap shoot, but you must not be paying attention what the team to the East has done and is doing when it comes to recruiting. Hawkins may be the man in Boulder, but he will not have the horses to compete with the likes of NU until CU is able to recruit just a little better.

OU's awesome recruits did a number on Boisie st's **** box recruiting classes didn't they? they play the games for a reason.

First you Buffs throw in Kansas, then SC! I am not talking about those teams. I am talking NU/CU! But understand why you might want to vicariously live through both of those teams. Kansas beat you last year, and who wouldn't want to be SC right now?? Let's try to keep this at NU versus CU! Granted at this point, there isn't much to argue when it comes to NU and CU! Man I can't wait for the next month to go by, football season is right around the corner.

Back