What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Will NU win the Big 12?

Will NU win the Big 12?

• yes

Votes: 13 14.8%
  • No, They will continue to be stuck in the 90's

Votes: 75 85.2%

• Total voters
First you Buffs throw in Kansas, then SC! I am not talking about those teams. I am talking NU/CU! But understand why you might want to vicariously live through both of those teams. Kansas beat you last year, and who wouldn't want to be SC right now?? Let's try to keep this at NU versus CU! Granted at this point, there isn't much to argue when it comes to NU and CU! Man I can't wait for the next month to go by, football season is right around the corner.

hey literacy cop if we are going to police what people talk about in this thread:

a.) your going to get tired on AB's
B.) its a thread about if NU will win the big 12 its right there in the title to remind you

Thats said it is rather shocking it got this long becuase you an I both know the answer is no you cant beat OU or TX but thats why you changed the subject isnt it?

Thats what other people think of your team/state, taken from the LA times today, I would say SC is not quaking in their boots at the glory of nebraska, here is the thing I think you guys miss, and its not just USC.

Years ago it was about the Match up about how good NU was about tradition, now? your just another top 30 program.

**** USC fans. Most of them haven't been fans since Petey C started winning. They are the biggest bunch of band wangoners out there. I guess they have the luxury of picking between Cal, UCLA and USC. One of those 3 has GOT to be good sometime!

**** USC fans. Most of them haven't been fans since Petey C started winning. They are the biggest bunch of band wangoners out there. I guess they have the luxury of picking between Cal, UCLA and USC. One of those 3 has GOT to be good sometime!

Or not caring at all becuase we live somewhere with other things to do than get the whole state to root for a school they didn't actually go to.*

The above statement may not apply to you but it applies to more people that not.

Or not caring at all becuase we live somewhere with other things to do than get the whole state to root for a school they didn't actually go to.*

:violin: that excuse is sooooooo tired. you get poor attendance because few who live there are from there and they dont care.

What is the percentage of people living in CO that were actually born there?

Last edited:
What is the percentage of people living in CO that were actually born there?

Pretty damn low if you ask them, but that wasn't my point, most of colorado could give a flying **** about CU football, that also wasnt my point.

I wasn't talking about CU attendance (which is bad) I was talking about people "picking" schools to root for as BS alluded to, and how more than half the state of Nebraska "decided" to root for a school they have never been to since its good and they live in the state, I think thats bull**** your #1 allegiance should be where you went to school.

So if you are going to bitch about band wagon USC fans i guess I am saying you better have gone to UNL or you need to take a look in the mirror.

That was a year after I graduated from high school, a long time ago. I think the fuskers are turning into the Boston Red Sox of college football and they have the curse of black friday 2001 on their backs.:thumbsup:

ummmm...that would be BLACK AND GOLD Friday 2001.....

Pretty damn low if you ask them, but that wasn't my point, most of colorado could give a flying **** about CU football, that also wasnt my point.

I wasn't talking about CU attendance (which is bad) I was talking about people "picking" schools to root for as BS alluded to, and how more than half the state of Nebraska "decided" to root for a school they have never been to since its good and they live in the state, I think thats bull**** your #1 allegiance should be where you went to school.

So if you are going to bitch about band wagon USC fans i guess I am saying you better have gone to UNL or you need to take a look in the mirror.

Rrrrrreally? Notre Dame must really be in trouble..... thats all BS. with that mentality you will be alienating many CU fans here. To be an alum has nothing to do with it nor is it a requirement. the state of CO has 4.5 million people, CU has a 55K seat stadium, that means you need 1.2% of the people to come to games instead of finding "other things to do". attitudes like yours keep the CU seats empty and NU seats full my friend.

Rrrrrreally? Notre Dame must really be in trouble..... thats all BS. with that mentality you will be alienating many CU fans here. To be an alum has nothing to do with it nor is it a requirement. the state of CO has 4.5 million people, CU has a 55K seat stadium, that means you need 1.2% of the people to come to games instead of finding "other things to do". attitudes like yours keep the CU seats empty and NU seats full my friend.

DUDE- I know most people talk about "other things to do" being the reason CU isn't full, while that maybe true how much plainer English do I have to put it in when is say: Thats not the point I was making, I am not even talking about CU right now.

I was responding to the crack about people jumping on the USC band wagon- I think a parallel can be drawn between the dreaded "band wagon fan" and the people who's primary collegiate rooting interest conveniently happens to be the best team in their state and not the school they went to. I think if you went to a school that should be your primary rooting interest. Now i maybe wrong about that its my opinion, thats fine, but i am not freaking talking about CU attendance or why people don't show up in force to CU games when there are so many in CO, not once did I talk about any of that crap. Had I decided to I would have drawn income and education parallels between states that pack college football stadiums and those that don't.

Last edited:
DUDE- I know most people talk about "other things to do" being the reason CU isn't full, while that maybe true how much plainer English do I have to put it in when is say: Thats not the point I was making, I am not even talking about CU right now.

I was responding to the crack about people jumping on the USC band wagon- I think a parallel can be drawn between the dreaded "band wagon fan" and the people who's primary collegiate rooting interest conveniently happens to be the best team in their state and not the school they went to. I think if you went to a school that should be your primary rooting interest. Now i maybe wrong about that its my opinion, thats fine, but i am not freaking talking about CU attendance or why people don't show up in force to CU games when there are so many in CO, not once did I talk about any of that crap. Had I decided to I would have drawn income and education parallels between states that pack college football stadiums and those that don't.
Originally Posted by absinthe
Or not caring at all becuase we live somewhere with other things to do than get the whole state to root for a school they didn't actually go to.*.

I must be slow or you just thick headed...... It does not matter if you went to the school you choose to root for or not. Being in a state with 1 team or 5 does not matter.

with your mentality, you could not be a fan of a pro team unless you currently live or have in the past lived in that particular city.

you could not like country music unless you lived in the country.

you could not be a hockey fan unless you know how to ice skate.

your first premise of "a school they did not actually go to" is wrong, it does not have ANY bearing what so ever. Jens for example is a very good CU fan, CanuckBuff is a very good CU fan..... I believe neither went to CU much less even live in the USA but both seem to know as much about CU FB as any average other person here.

Last edited:
Talent alone will win NU the next three (Coaching is going to show to be much improved now that Cally has the players he needs for his system)!! Recruiting can be a crap shoot, but you must not be paying attention what the team to the East has done and is doing when it comes to recruiting. Hawkins may be the man in Boulder, but he will not have the horses to compete with the likes of NU until CU is able to recruit just a little better.

BULL****!!

Did you watch the ****ing Fiesta bowl moron? That was a bunch of two and three stars beating a bunch of 4 and 5 stars! Talent is overatted, recruitig sites are overatted, recruiting sites don't know ****, and coaches are the real recruiting gurus. They know it, recuiting geeks DON'T! Coaches know how to get davids to beat Goliaths (oh and NU is nowhere NEAR goliath). NU is a mediocre fb program now that can be beat by a lot of teams including CU. Why don't you check out Callys road record and the 10 players who have left from Callys great class of 2005.

And btw, NU is not as loaded as you think. You are too much of a recruiting geek cop brainwashed by the morons.

btw, your "beat down" of the buffs was not as big as a beat down as the score indicated last year thanks to silly little trick plays. The overatted, mediocre fuskers will be facing a different buffs team in Folsom that will not fold, mark my word there pal.

Last edited:
As a person who really does not like the state of Nebraska and/or the people that much, I still have to say that that piece in the LA times was stupid. That guy should not be allowed to collect a check for that kind of writing. What a stupid cheap shot for him to take. I think that there are a lot of CU, KU, MU fans that are probably laughing, but I am sure that this stuck up ****ty writer feels the same way about all of our states. I hate SC fans.

Like I said man its an opinion, and again I wasn't talking about pro-sports they are very different in nature as they can be much more player centric.

As a person who really does not like the state of Nebraska and/or the people that much, I still have to say that that piece in the LA times was stupid. That guy should not be allowed to collect a check for that kind of writing. What a stupid cheap shot for him to take. I think that there are a lot of CU, KU, MU fans that are probably laughing, but I am sure that this stuck up ****ty writer feels the same way about all of our states. I hate SC fans.

he isnt really a writer he is a morning radio guy who occasionally get an opinion piece in when we are short on Paris and Britney news, if that explains anything about the piece.

The above statement may not apply to you but it applies to more people that not.

Wow, so having great support and following is a bad thing? I love this argument. You know you would love it if the whole front range got behind CU football, like the state of Ne does for NU. But that doesnt happen so the excuses start to fly like, we are all out walking our dogs, and kayaking and ****. Like that crap cant be put on hold for 3 hours, 12 Saturdays a year.

Wow, so having great support and following is a bad thing? I love this argument. You know you would love it if the whole front range got behind CU football, like the state of Ne does for NU. But that doesnt happen so the excuses start to fly like, we are all out walking our dogs, and kayaking and ****. Like that crap cant be put on hold for 3 hours, 12 Saturdays a year.

can you please read the discussion I have been having with Waylon as you may find it informative, particularly the part where I say repeatedly I am not talking about CU, or CU attendance, actually in this case I was talking about USC and their band wagon fans, who incidentally out draw the Huskers. I was also calling husker fans who didnt go to NU basically the same thing as the peeps in LA jumping on the SC band wagon.

did you go to CSU or NU?

Last edited:
can you please read the discusion I have been having with Waylon as you may find it informative.

did you go to CSU or NU?

You're right, I probably took that out of context. But it can also be said in general because that stupid ass arguement is spewed consistently in November.

can you please read the discussion I have been having with Waylon as you may find it informative, particularly the part where I say repeatedly I am not talking about CU, or CU attendance, actually in this case I was talking about USC and their band wagon fans, who incidentally out draw the Huskers. I was also calling husker fans who didnt go to NU basically the same thing as the peeps in LA jumping on the SC band wagon.

did you go to CSU or NU?

So you cant be a fan unless you went to that school? That is absolutely rediculous. Everyone has their reasons for picking their teams, and its pretty ****ing snobby to say "you cant be a fan because you didnt go to school there". Bandwagon fans are just a fact of life, they buy tickets and gear so its not really such a bad thing for the universities they support.

I went to CSU, which is why Im not NU Rammie

I actually agree with you in that I dont see band wagon fans as bad, I would love to have 10,000 extra band-wagon fans at folsom. But I *think* if you went to one school its lame to root for another school over your own, especially if you are going to disparage others for being "band-wagoners."

Hey Buffs, how is that 82nd ranked recruiting class coming so far?? Now granted, out of the five commits you have so far, 3 are two stars, and the other two are unranked. Surrency being one of the unranked, and you know he will have a few stars behind his name when JUCO's get ranked. That is IF he stays with CU! This is what I am talking about. Even if CU does end up getting a few good players, expect to be somewhere in the 40's-50's. How can one compete in the North with NU, when pulling in such talent?

Teams currently out-recruiting the Buffs:

DUKE
TEXAS EL-PASO
MIAMI-OHIO
N. TEXAS
IA. ST.
RICE
TEMPLE
HOUSTON
SMU
TULSA
UCF
WYOMING

Come on Hawkins, get some boys to the Flatirons.

Hey Buffs, how is that 82nd ranked recruiting class coming so far?? Now granted, out of the five commits you have so far, 3 are two stars, and the other two are unranked. Surrency being one of the unranked, and you know he will have a few stars behind his name when JUCO's get ranked. That is IF he stays with CU! This is what I am talking about. Even if CU does end up getting a few good players, expect to be somewhere in the 40's-50's. How can one compete in the North with NU, when pulling in such talent?

DUKE
TEXAS EL-PASO
MIAMI-OHIO
N. TEXAS
IA. ST.
RICE
TEMPLE
HOUSTON
SMU
TULSA
UCF
WYOMING

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

We are half a year away from signing day. The buffs will get some players. The fuskers will continue to get players as well, and they can lose verbals as well. You are an idiot if you are cocky about NU's recruits (ten left from '05 class including the next "Joe Montana", then there was Josh Freeman. You are a true recruiting geek, get a life!

Last edited:

did you go to CSU or NU?

Well I'll be honest here...............I have never went to NU nor do I live in Nebraska. However growing up in Iowa you constantly hear about Iowa and Iowa State and it gets ****ing annoying!!!! So I decided to go against the norm and start watching Nebraska when I was 13 or so. I go to a small college here in Des Moines, but I'm probably one of the biggest NU fans in the state!!! I think regardless of whether you went to the school or not isn't the point. It's about being a fan of that team and doing that with every fiber of your being. Is there a lot to do in Nebraska.............or Iowa for that fact. No there isn't so this is something that you get into and get wrapped around. It's the same with Iowa fans and Iowa State fans as I'm sure it's like that in some other states. :confused:

DUKE
TEXAS EL-PASO
MIAMI-OHIO
N. TEXAS
IA. ST.
RICE
TEMPLE
HOUSTON
SMU
TULSA
UCF
WYOMING

Frankly, that is probably one of the stupidest posts that I have seen in a long time. Happy to argue this point later this year but on August 1 you just sound like an idiot.

So you cant be a fan unless you went to that school? That is absolutely rediculous. Everyone has their reasons for picking their teams, and its pretty ****ing snobby to say "you cant be a fan because you didnt go to school there". Bandwagon fans are just a fact of life, they buy tickets and gear so its not really such a bad thing for the universities they support.

I went to CSU, which is why Im not NU Rammie

So why are you jumping on CU fans ****? Isn't this whole issue brought up by a fusker fan complaining about USC fans being bandwagon fans? Bandwagon fans will always come to winners; teams with long winning traditions will have more loyal followings, and teams even in slumps that are in football crazy areas will have bigger fan bases and stadiums. CU has issues with building a long term winning tradition (late 80's-early 90's was the main prolonged winning era) and has taken a step back with the non-scandal and Gary having little people skills with the media. Bunker mentality did not help matters any with that issue. Who knows where CU would be if Mac was still at the helm of the football team.

There are many issues that it seems Bohn is working on and things are slowly changing. Not quick enough for CU fans, but things are in motion. I can tell that the season is drawing nearer since the stupid crap that CUS and NU fans are spouting has taken a dramatic rise lately. Delusions of grandeur indeed!

On the other hand, when the 'Broncos that should be in the Hall Of Fame' thread came up there were many quite silly names brought up by all fans here. Was surprised that someone didn't bring up Salaam, Westbrook Ben Kelly ect as a 'if they had been Broncos they should have been in the HOF', and they should have been Broncos!'. Some rather decent players mentioned that are not even on the Broncos Ring of Fame, and the should be HOF material? That thread was getting stupid.:wink2:

I do laugh at how the fuskers think they are back and will be awesome again. We will see who has the last laugh about that, and as far as talent goes, they should be better than CU this year, but are still an average team, not top 10 material like they all think they are.

Well I'll be honest here...............I have never went to NU nor do I live in Nebraska. However growing up in Iowa you constantly hear about Iowa and Iowa State and it gets ****ing annoying!!!!

So you jumped from the '****ing annoying frying pan' into the '****ing annoying fire'?? Let's see, you are tired of hearing the home state people talk about the home state team, so you pick-----a team that has a long history of winning!! Coincidence? usually bandwaggon fans pick winning teams so they can feel good and live vicariously through some other thing that will have enough success to make their pitiful life seem worth living. now I am not saying that is you, but....maybe it is you.:wink2:

When I see someone who lives, say , in Iowa, and become a fan of the team because they are near, then I respect that. When someone looks outside of a local team to become a fan of a winning team from a place they never went to, from a place they never lived in----then to me that shows a weak backbone and a total lack of character.

Hanging out here with Sacky and DBT has made me rather opinionated, wuldn't you say?:smile2:

Now CSUH? HE went to CSU and is a CSU fan, but needed to have a team that has some success long term, so he could not pick a in-state rival ( not long term success like NU has had, but has a similar record over CSU like Nu has over CU) so he picked CU's rival, as a way of doubly disliking CU. I can respect that.:smile2:

Main point. Like who you like, and don't worry what I or any other fan thinks about it or you. Life is too short to take things like which college team you follow too seriously. The biggest retarded thing out there is people who hate someone because they follow another pro team, or college team, or went to a cross town high school. It is a small world, and if people could learn to have fun with their choosen team, and then realize that it is not a personal affront on their personal worth if their team loses, then the world would be a much better place.

OK, I am done with the soapbox. Next?:lol:

So why are you jumping on CU fans ****? Isn't this whole issue brought up by a fusker fan complaining about USC fans being bandwagon fans? Bandwagon fans will always come to winners; teams with long winning traditions will have more loyal followings, and teams even in slumps that are in football crazy areas will have bigger fan bases and stadiums. CU has issues with building a long term winning tradition (late 80's-early 90's was the main prolonged winning era) and has taken a step back with the non-scandal and Gary having little people skills with the media. Bunker mentality did not help matters any with that issue. Who knows where CU would be if Mac was still at the helm of the football team.

There are many issues that it seems Bohn is working on and things are slowly changing. Not quick enough for CU fans, but things are in motion. I can tell that the season is drawing nearer since the stupid crap that CUS and NU fans are spouting has taken a dramatic rise lately. Delusions of grandeur indeed!

On the other hand, when the 'Broncos that should be in the Hall Of Fame' thread came up there were many quite silly names brought up by all fans here. Was surprised that someone didn't bring up Salaam, Westbrook Ben Kelly ect as a 'if they had been Broncos they should have been in the HOF', and they should have been Broncos!'. Some rather decent players mentioned that are not even on the Broncos Ring of Fame, and the should be HOF material? That thread was getting stupid.:wink2:

I do laugh at how the fuskers think they are back and will be awesome again. We will see who has the last laugh about that, and as far as talent goes, they should be better than CU this year, but are still an average team, not top 10 material like they all think they are.

Wow, that was out of the blue. The only thing I was getting on CU's **** about was the "there is other stuff to do here" argument. As far as the rest or your points goes, I dont know what to say.

Now CSUH? HE went to CSU and is a CSU fan, but needed to have a team that has some success long term, so he could not pick a in-state rival ( not long term success like NU has had, but has a similar record over CSU like Nu has over CU) so he picked CU's rival, as a way of doubly disliking CU. I can respect that.:smile2:

You know that I was born and raised in Nebraska right? Whether that is a "good enough" reason to be fan is apparently up for debate here. But I didnt just choose to root for NU cuz I didnt like CU.

Main point. Like who you like, and don't worry what I or any other fan thinks about it or you. Life is too short to take things like which college team you follow too seriously. The biggest retarded thing out there is people who hate someone because they follow another pro team, or college team, or went to a cross town high school. It is a small world, and if people could learn to have fun with their choosen team, and then realize that it is not a personal affront on their personal worth if their team loses, then the world would be a much better place.

:
Rep-a-lishish:thumbsup:

Back